Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus ****ing christ, the absolute incompetence of the club to put him back on the field instead of seeking immediate medical attention.

No no, our injury management is totally fine! Burgess is a hack, Selwyn is amazing, that's why we're in such great physical condition at the moment and why we always nail it with handling injuries..

No no, our injury management is totally fine! Burgess is a hack, Selwyn is amazing, that's why we're in such great physical condition at the moment and why we always nail it with handling injuries..
Thoughts about those two aside, Griffith is a Performance Manager/Strength and Conditioning Coach. Hardly would have been his decision alone, it would have been the club doctor, club physio, Griffith and Goodwin.

Thoughts about those two aside, Griffith is a Performance Manager/Strength and Conditioning Coach. Hardly would have been his decision alone, it would have been the club doctor, club physio, Griffith and Goodwin.

Yeah would have been a big group of people, and tbh I reckon it would have been mainly Goody pushing it.

Without going on a huge rant, I think it's clear now the physical management of this group is the biggest problem we're facing. They're absolutely cooked, from a variety of factors, and it's had a flow on effect to a lot of areas.

Can't believe you would deliberately misinterpret what I said last week. 😢

Burgess would have made sure Petracca's ribs were physically resilient to knees

But as I said in the other thread, sack them all.

Unbelievably negligent.
did he do any further damage when he went back on? or was it all in the original contest?

did he do any further damage when he went back on? or was it all in the original contest?
Unconfirmed; however, the risk that it would have created is substantial. You don't mess around with internal organ injuries.

I don't know how Goodwin escapes extreme scrutiny here. Has way too much form to hide behind anyone else. He literally pushed Arain out for holding players back over injury concerns and has clearly surrounded himself with yes-men since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe you would deliberately misinterpret what I said last week. 😢

Actually didn't mean it as a crack at you but can see how it looks that way.

Just generally pissed off with out physical management and reckon it's now looking like the biggest factor this year.

I'm sure it will be reviewed as 'brave' instead of stupid by the club. The playing group really needs to ask themselves the real question though. Outside of winning does the footy club have their best interests and welfare at heart?

Because yesterday we had a player distressed, clearly did not want to return to play and then this wasn't experimented with for five minutes but forced to play the quarter. On a day that shows how much more there is to life outside of football, allowing Petracca to play on was incredibly reckless in regards to his health.

But the footy club really wanna win dat one game tho

Just generally pissed off with out physical management and reckon it's now looking like the biggest factor this year.
The whole place stinks.
  • Lack of accountability stemming from board level down
  • Outdated, insufferable gameplan
  • Lack of transparency with members
  • Injury mismanagement
  • Lack of selection integrity
  • Overall club culture
  • Performance regression
It needs to be torn down.

Yes I agree we are shit at that, make no mistake I am unbelievably pissed about this.

A counter to the above would round 2 in 2023 when Mason Cox ruptured his spleen(which wasn't picked up until the next day when he had a gut full of internal bleeding). Had surgery, returned in rd 8.
Did they try to make him play on at the time?

I'd very much like to see the AFL and AFLPA get involved with this, as the club clearly can't be trusted to prioritise player welfare on their own

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back