Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He played out the game not knowing he was injured. Hard to "feel" or diagnose internal injuries intra-match(the pain from Petracca's busted ribs would have been his only indicator). I wouldn't be hanging your medical staff.
The fact that Cox was able to play on 'not knowing he was injured', while Petracca was in extremely visible distress (barely able to move/breathe, apparently throwing up etc) indicates that the circumstances were quite a bit different.

The fact that Cox was able to play on 'not knowing he was injured', while Petracca was in extremely visible distress (barely able to move/breathe, apparently throwing up etc) indicates that the circumstances were quite a bit different.
My initial comment was more directed towards giving hope that the potential recovery time might be a bit shorter than the doc post indicated. As for returning to the field, players regularly try to play on/test what might be busted ribs.

My initial comment was more directed towards giving hope that the potential recovery time might be a bit shorter than the doc post indicated. As for returning to the field, players regularly try to play on/test what might be busted ribs.
Seasons over anyway so I want Trac to take as long as he needs to recover. We've got a habit of bringing guys back way too quickly though which is part of where the anger comes from.

The whole place stinks.
  • Lack of accountability stemming from board level down
  • Outdated, insufferable gameplan
  • Lack of transparency with members
  • Injury mismanagement
  • Lack of selection integrity
  • Overall club culture
  • Performance regression
It needs to be torn down.

I probably wouldn't go quite as far as that, but agree with a lot of it.

For mine - This year's game style, fitness, culture, injury management, selection integrity and performance are all intertwined. We've played a physically taxing game style the last 3 years that has worn key players down. It's gotten so bad because they refuse to bring new players through, refuse to manage them in-season, push injuries too hard at the wrong times, and let go any of our midfield depth, which has seen them bring in a less physical game style this year that has ruined our identity, rather than actually manage them properly.

We're cooked for this year, and the worry now is two fold - 1) Can they recruit well enough in the offseason to lessen that impact on key players? 2) Even if they do, what will make them suddenly change the selection and management issues that have got us here in the first place?

I have my issues with Roffey and club comms, but I don't think it's in any way related to on field performance so I'm not really thinking about it atm.

I've stuck up for Goodwin on the odd occasion, he did lead us to a flag that many of us thought we'd never see, but it's hard to make the argument that change can happen in these key areas while he remains there given the evidence says he's the main driver behind them.

Seasons over anyway so I want Trac to take as long as he needs to recover. We've got a habit of bringing guys back way too quickly though which is part of where the anger comes from.

I posted near the start of the season that I'd heard Alan Richardson had compared our preseason to the one before the 2019 season and it certainly seems to be panning out that way.

Reckon we're best to pack it in now, get players off for surgery and injury treatment, get players off for pre-pre-seasons who need it. This year is done, but I believe we can still be successful next year if we call it now, prepare and recruit well.

He's obviously an extremely important player for the team, but his health and recovery are our top priorities right now."

**** right off. Pissing on our back and telling us its raining. You sent him back out there, his health wasn't a top priority at all

And what if Trac was the one pushing to get the jab and go back on?

Without a scan they don't know how bad it is and he's the one reporting the pain, if he says he's willing to give it a shot then do you stop him?

I'm all for throwing the club under the bus at this stage but i'm not sure this is as clean cut as others suggesting

Without a scan they don't know how bad it is and he's the one reporting the pain, if he says he's willing to give it a shot then do you stop him?

I'm all for throwing the club under the bus at this stage but i'm not sure this is as clean cut as others suggesting

Where there is smoke there is fire. How many times do we need examples of this before we realize Goodwin is the problem?

As a medical professional, you would hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Side note: I wonder if the commentators saying that the Pies should 'test out his ribs' are the same ones who are self-appointed concussion and player wellbeing advocates.

Let's pretend you're right, but you're paying doctors to make these decisions not the player, if a doctor can't identify that there are potential serious internal problems from his reaction after the hit they shouldn't be employed by the club.

Side note: I wonder if the commentators saying that the Pies should 'test out his ribs' are the same ones who are self-appointed concussion and player wellbeing advocates.
I wouldn't have had a problem if the Pies did. If he's out there he is fair game. Absolutely shameful that we'd let him back on the field. Should have been straight to hospital for scans.

I'm not going to get too worked up about this, few too many facts missing for me.

IIRC Trac nailed some laser handballs after he came back on, sort of looked ok when I glanced up at the TV. I wouldn't have known he was injured if I didn't see the posts on here about it.

(I was playing uno at the time)

I wouldn't have had a problem if the Pies did. If he's out there he is fair game. Absolutely shameful that we'd let him back on the field. Should have been straight to hospital for scans.
Yeah that's it, you're only sending him back out if you're thinking that he would be fine with his ribs copping another knock.

I'm not a doctor but I think the ribs/internal injuries question is a tough one and seems to be about how much pain can the bloke tolerate. Trac is too driven for his own good at times.

Of course this whole thing flips on its head if Trac didn't want to go back out there and the medical team assured him he was fine/it was just a pain management thing.

We played May with busted ribs against the Crows.

First contact he took he looked in serious trouble, then played out the game and dominated and had a laugh about it after the game.

He's obviously an extremely important player for the team, but his health and recovery are our top priorities right now."

**** right off. Pissing on our back and telling us its raining. You sent him back out there, his health wasn't a top priority at all
He does say Trac's health is top priority right now.

Before that top priority was covering Simon's arse by battling to a brave KB loss.

I'm not a doctor but I think the ribs/internal injuries question is a tough one and seems to be about how much pain can the bloke tolerate. Trac is too driven for his own good at times.

Of course this whole thing flips on its head if Trac didn't want to go back out there and the medical team assured him he was fine/it was just a pain management thing.

We played May with busted ribs against the Crows.

First contact he took he looked in serious trouble, then played out the game and dominated and had a laugh about it after the game.
May did his ribs against Hawthorn and he got taken off for the rest of the game.

What was the difference? We were well in front and didn't need to take a risk. Yesterday we were behind and Trac was our best player in the first quarter. It was a move out of sheer desperation.

May did his ribs against Hawthorn and he got taken off for the rest of the game.

What was the difference? We were well in front and didn't need to take a risk. Yesterday we were behind and Trac was our best player in the first quarter. It was a move out of sheer desperation.
I don't disagree with that - but Trac might have had the exact same thinking as Goody. Team needs me and didn't want to let them down. He has form bravely (stupidly?) playing through injuries.

Like I said, it all comes down to who was pushing it. We might never know.

We only got like 10 more minutes of play out of him before we shut it all down anyway.

Sack everyone and fold the club. What a shit show.

This year alone we've played May with broken ribs, Oliver with a broken hand, Lever with a stuffed knee and Petracca with broken ribs, spleen and lung. That's 4 of our most important players, two on long term deals. Use some common sense ffs. Can't trust the people making decisions at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back