The injury update thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be relevant to this thread.

The true value of a zero

Been thinking about this a lot over the past 2 weeks with backline issues. What is the value of a like for like trade over holding a zero for 3+ weeks.

Thought I would run some analysis. Could have chosen any of a large cast (Waters, Symes, Guerra etc) but have picked Guerra the example because I have a strong interest in him this week. The numbers, however could be used for anyone.

Guerra is out for 3-4 weeks (hammy).

If he returns for the last 10 games and averages 80 he scores you 800 points for the year (assuming you have a nil in his place). Divide 800 by the remaining 14 rounds and his "effective average" for your team is 57 ppw. If he misses 3 games it's 62 ppw.

Value of Like for Like trade
--------------------------
If Guerra is traded out for say Milburn / Fisher who will average 85 ppw your team would score 1190 points or 390 more for the 14 rounds.

390 / 14 = 28 ppw = $112K in cash terms + 20K made on the trade.

Total profit from trade = $132K

This would appear to be solid profit from a trade not many would consider.

There are many other variables including part coverage for a couple of weeks but does create interest.

mark williams said chad is a better than 50% chance of playing this week. but he did not sound confident.

mark williams said chad is a better than 50% chance of playing this week. but he did not sound confident.
Thats because he went phyco about the decission about Burger before that....

Volt is ready to play this week fellas acccording to the news!
I think it needs a thread..I cant make one I have a yellow card

Chad Cornes back, good for people that have him and especially good for people who don't. Playing sydney with a low score in his average. Should be awesome value in a couple of weeks time.
You hope.
I love all this justifying from those who traded him out. Chad to score big this week....

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that but I heard this afternoon on 6PR (3AW equivalent) here in Perth that reports coming out of Melbourne that Brad Johnson might be a late withdrawal.

Apparently he was in doubt for the Freo game last week but played with pain killing injection and there seems to be a suggestion that Bulldogs might rest Johnson this week.

So just in case make sure you have an emergency player selected in your forwards :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

The injury update thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back