The inside word...what is REALLY wrong at the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is true, Scully is gone.

My membership at the mcg sits me near where the players that aren't playing sit, Scully doesn't seem to have any problems with the other guys, he seems to be in the middle of conversations so all the rumors that he doesn't get along with other players is bull****. the players also have some nice young ladies around them, damn I wish I played afl.

Out of curiosity where do the players sit at the G? I've seen shots on tv but i've never known, imagine its somewhere in the mcc.

Out of curiosity where do the players sit at the G? I've seen shots on tv but i've never known, imagine its somewhere in the mcc.

Level 2 of the Olympic stand, But I think Casey are playing the same time this week so I wouldn't expect many to be there, to get up there you have to be a legends member or a trident member, or you can buy a guest pass outside gate 5 for $20

Ok, let's pretend for a second that this is true and one of the senior players did say these things, it's not going to be that hard to work out who it is.
List of the senior players by age:

Green 30 Getting a regular game, not him.
Campbell 28 Injured, not him
Davey 28 Getting a regular game, not him
Jamar 28 Getting a regular game, not him
Warnock 27 Has never cemented his role, could be him
MacDonald 26 Has never cemented his role, could be him
Rivers 26 Getting a regular game, not him

That's it, the next eldest one we have who isn't getting a game is Newton at 24 and let's face it he's bloody lucky to be even on a list.

So, the senior players who could be the source of this is either Warnock or MacDonald. Hardly the heart and soul of the club, in fact they'd probably be on the short list to be delisted at the end of the year.

The reality is that there is no player on our list who isn't getting games who could be considered ill treated because they have never cemented their place with consistent performances, Bate included. I call BS

My membership at the mcg sits me near where the players that aren't playing sit, Scully doesn't seem to have any problems with the other guys, he seems to be in the middle of conversations so all the rumors that he doesn't get along with other players is bull****. the players also have some nice young ladies around them, damn I wish I played afl.

Sit there too. Best seat in the house:thumbsu:
Specially the women

When the lions were winning our flags not everyone got along (aker & leppitch casing point) & we konw McLeod and Edwards hated each other by the end at the crows but they had Matthews & Craig to contend with & a more experienced group that could deal with it better so the played like pros when required. As much as I implore not making rash decisions, the tough ones may not be allied to wait by seasons end.

Hate to see you guys go backwards on the field especially the way you have fought off it to make the club stable again

I would say Warnock because for a while there we had no choice BUT to play him because we didnt have other options, with the emergence and frawley and grimes and baileys man crush on riv, Matty misses out.

I would say Warnock because for a while there we had no choice BUT to play him because we didnt have other options, with the emergence and frawley and grimes and baileys man crush on riv, Matty misses out.
I don't think so. Frawley, Garland and Rivers aren't getting a free ride in the side, ie; the coach wants to get games into them.

The players who have been getting cheap games are Watts and Bennell. It could be the likes of Bate and Jmac.

Regardless of who it is, it must rile the players when the coach comes out and says that our goal is to get games into players.

Regardless of who it is, it must rile the players when the coach comes out and says that our goal is to get games into players.
You know what stops this? Playing good consistant football.

Warnock's last handfull of games have been embarrassing.

Bate has been an enigma even at VFL level.

MacDonald has always been prone to stupid brain fades. Look at the Casey highlights package when he runs himself into trouble for no reason when he should have either had a shot at goal or given it off, Evans had to save him with a rushed kick that went through the goals.

Not playing older players is the last of Bailey's worries.

Ok, let's pretend for a second that this is true and one of the senior players did say these things, it's not going to be that hard to work out who it is.
List of the senior players by age:

Green 30 Getting a regular game, not him.
Campbell 28 Injured, not him
Davey 28 Getting a regular game, not him
Jamar 28 Getting a regular game, not him
Warnock 27 Has never cemented his role, could be him
MacDonald 26 Has never cemented his role, could be him
Rivers 26 Getting a regular game, not him

That's it, the next eldest one we have who isn't getting a game is Newton at 24 and let's face it he's bloody lucky to be even on a list.

So, the senior players who could be the source of this is either Warnock or MacDonald. Hardly the heart and soul of the club, in fact they'd probably be on the short list to be delisted at the end of the year.

The reality is that there is no player on our list who isn't getting games who could be considered ill treated because they have never cemented their place with consistent performances, Bate included. I call BS

Yep, I agree. Thread is a load of bollocks. Well constructed and well planned troll, but still a troll.

At a stretch, it could only possibly be Bate or Warnock. Bate not technically a senior player, but has been around longer than most, and may feel a sense of entitlement.

Not likely to be J Mac given he is very new to the club, even if he is a senior player in terms of AFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't agree with the Carlton, Stkilda comment. St.kilda have played in finals for many years. Carlton narrowly missed out last year and should make it this year. having said that, i don't believe ratten is the right man either. But both sides have many star players. we do not.

The comparison was drawn in regards to an unstable team dynamic/club culture.

Don't think anyone can really argue with that. Although the Blues may have turned the corner this year.

Level 2 of the Olympic stand, But I think Casey are playing the same time this week so I wouldn't expect many to be there, to get up there you have to be a legends member or a trident member, or you can buy a guest pass outside gate 5 for $20

As in anyone can just rock up and pay less than general admin? Or you gotta be with a member?

Most of the things suggested in the OP would be fixed with a new coach. All sporting clubs have groups. I play cricket and there are groups. I used to play football and there were groups. You would hope it doesn't affect them on the field though.

I can fully sympathise with players being pissed off for not getting a game purely due to age. McDonald shouldn't have been moved on. I can argue a case for delisting an older player who is not your worst, or even in the worst 5-10, because of his age. I can't argue the same case for someone who would still easily be in our best 18.

As in anyone can just rock up and pay less than general admin? Or you gotta be with a member?

The $20 guest pass just gets you into the level 2 members area, it doesn't get you into the ground so you need a general admin ticket as well or be another type of member, and yeah anyone can buy one, I've never been asked to show my membership when buying guest passes for other people.

I don't give a s**t if they are friends or not. tbh it doesn't matter. they are professionals with the same goal and will work together to achieve it. If Adelaide can make Edwards and Mcleod work for nearly 300 games then I'm sure we will be fine.

Lack of leadership on the field is far more pressing concern than anything in the FD. Dropping Moloney from the leadership group was a mistake. Perhaps moving Miller, Bruce and Junior on in the same season was as well but its too late and makes no sense to cry over spilt milk. Moloney back in the leadership group!

The form of guys like Bate, Sylvia, Green, Jones, Davey and Morton has to be a real concern. These guys have been around too long to be playing this inconsistently.

The kids are alright.

Seriously what do you give the site except name calling? I have plenty of arguments with other posters but at least they back their views with statements just not name calling.

It's not about age. It's about what they can do and what the club wants them to become. The sooner they learn these things the better they will be, that's a fact of life not just football. Leadership is all about benefiting the players otherwise why would have it.

If you don't think players whinge and complain when things don't go their way then you are a dreamer and I would have to question your age. You have 44 players trying to get 22 spots consistantly, not everybody is going to be happy.

Get a job and live in the real world. The stuff that has been mentioned on this thread would happen at every club and every work site in Australia.

I'm fairly certain the only person who I call names is you, and possibly one other poster.

Your posts irritate me, both with constantly negative content towards the players, coach and club; and with the way they seem to jump from one random point to another.

Having said that, I probably don't need to resort to name calling, no matter what I think (touch of irony that I brought up your age in the same post as resorting to name-calling...). Anyway I definitely shouldn't have used the word ******, I apologise for that.

As for what I bring to the site, I definitely won't claim to be amongst the best posters here, but I like to think that occasionally I post something with a bit of merit (when I'm not abusing you :cool:).

Back on topic, I think we actually agree on the main issue of this thread (not the 19 y.o. leadership group thing), even if we post our opinions slightly differently. There are conflicts and groups in every single workplace, 99% of the time it doesn't affect the output of the group.

If players are feeling hard done by, they need to raise the issue and not stew on it until they are bitter about it. I don't think the problem is as wide-spread as the OP indicates.

The $20 guest pass just gets you into the level 2 members area, it doesn't get you into the ground so you need a general admin ticket as well or be another type of member, and yeah anyone can buy one, I've never been asked to show my membership when buying guest passes for other people.

Cool, thanks :thumbsu: I'll definitely keep that in mind, I assume that at Dees' home games the money would go to the club too.

Guys, I have had delete a number of posts for fighting & name calling, can I remind everyone to keep the conversation on topic & try be civil. Any more of that in this thread & it will be closed.

Thanks,

CA

Remove this Banner Ad

The inside word...what is REALLY wrong at the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back