The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Its because our supporter base is ancient. It's a real worry, 90% of the people who sit in my bay are over 60. The way footy prices keep going up I can see a real problem for the AFL going forward, the next generation are less likely to part with their money to become members.

Old habits die hard - we used to sleep overnight outside the Adelaide Oval during finals in order to get a good spot.

Having said that most of us have advanced to the internet but it still doesnt have that romantic appeal

I still don't understand why people would line up in today's day and age. All it took was a credit card and 5 minutes of my time.
What I thought when I passed a looooooong line of people @ Therbaton. Craziness.

Don't have tix yet. :oops: Getting mine tomorrow though.

what about the bloke on the news who camped out from 9pm last night.

are these people seriously in some sort of time warp like it's 1985? he must have driven his delorean to the ticketmaster outlet.

what about the bloke on the news who camped out from 9pm last night.

are these people seriously in some sort of time warp like it's 1985? he must have driven his delorean to the ticketmaster outlet.

Let em go, they obviously enjoy the whole process of grabbing finals tickets and probably like the fact that they physically have their pass to the game. Lots of the oldies probably don't have printers either

Let em go, they obviously enjoy the whole process of grabbing finals tickets and probably like the fact that they physically have their pass to the game. Lots of the oldies probably don't have printers either

but it can't sell out in the first day and a half.. there's no need whatsoever to camp in a mall, printer or no printer!

Yet another question for you nice locals...

I'm flying in early Sat morning from Sydney and a mate is flying in from Melb. We are hiring a car as he wants to quickly visit some family and also visit his mothers gravesite, somewhere in the Hills.

I have a reasonably tight schedule to get back, plane to Sydney leaves at 19:20. What carpark should we aim for to enable the best passage back to the airport?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another question for you nice locals...

I'm flying in early Sat morning from Sydney and a mate is flying in from Melb. We are hiring a car as he wants to quickly visit some family and also visit his mothers gravesite, somewhere in the Hills.

I have a reasonably tight schedule to get back, plane to Sydney leaves at 19:20. What carpark should we aim for to enable the best passage back to the airport?

Cheers

Your best bet would be to park in a side street. The 10-15 minute walk to the car will be far quicker than trying to get out of any of the car parks.

If you will be parking close to the ground, there wont be a car park where there isn't some kind of delay with congested traffic. I have trouble getting out of the Seaton High car park and that's just in regular H&A matches. If you want avoid the rush, the only way to do so is leave early IMO. But what's the point in coming over if you're not going to sit through the game? Especially if you win. Just gonna have to deal with the traffic unfortunately. Will be at the airport before 7 though no worries.

Your best bet would be to park in a side street. The 10-15 minute walk to the car will be far quicker than trying to get out of any of the car parks.

But essentially he'll still need to get onto a main road to get to the airport, and the main streets around AAMI are always packed gameday. Don't think I've ever been to a Crows game where I haven't had to sit in traffic.

I have tickets on myself - does that count?

Otherwise I will have front row gold class seats on my lounge. It's great, no dress code - you don't even have to wear pants to get in.

has anyone that order their members tickets yesterday morning, and didn't get their tickets emailed through (as part of the system glitch) got them yet?

mine haven't come through yet and i'm getting worried..

Re: the car parking.
I'm aware and expecting it will be a shitfight etc. Certainly won't be leaving early, regardless of how the game is going, but if I have to park in one of the carparks, I may as well park in the one that will have me pointed in the right direction when I get onto the road. I was just wondering which carpark I should choose (I don't even know if there's a choice?) that would put me on the right side of AAMI to head towards the airport.

Cheers

Re: the car parking.
I'm aware and expecting it will be a shitfight etc. Certainly won't be leaving early, regardless of how the game is going, but if I have to park in one of the carparks, I may as well park in the one that will have me pointed in the right direction when I get onto the road. I was just wondering which carpark I should choose (I don't even know if there's a choice?) that would put me on the right side of AAMI to head towards the airport.

Cheers

Then go for the Seaton High School car park which is on Fredrick's road (or one of the side streets around there). ;)

Bay 119 for me. So much for no Swans fans getting tickets hey Sando ;). Nah, should be a good game. Have the Crows supporting wife coming with me so there might be a few domestics throughout the day :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back