The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

But Seaton might be a decent walk that hurts time when leaving. Aim for the Western side of the West Lakes Mall. They push traffic to Military road along the beaches, so just head down there. It takes you in the general direction of the airport.
Worth a look at the mall, but everytime I've done it I'm tyically too late and end up at Seaton high ;)

I note just about everybody has tickets in the 1xx, presumably the ground level terraces. I much prefer higher up, so purchased covered concourse.

I'm in 224, Row B. Have I missed something here? Too far from the action?
@TripleBBB - When you go into the ticketmaster outlet on the Monday, they need to clear the line fast, so they sell by 'best available'. So they'll just allocate the most expensive seats, and probably least desirable first. In 2009 I did this and got in the 100s near the Crows race. My parents then midweek baught tickets as GA and they got up in the 200s near midfield.

When you call up as well, I'd hazard to guess it would be the same, they'd ask for Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze I'd guess, but wouldn't allocate where.

Via the website you can select in more detail on the first day, I noticed you could select just the level of seating, and I'd guess they'd do the same as the previous 2, but you can select exatly where you want to sit. I did this to get Northern Grandstand.

Most of the seats have great views. From what I know though, Row B in the 200s has shit legroom........Well, at least my area does (228) as that's my season tickets. But everywhere at the Stadium is good except maybe the Row A-C in the 100 sections, as the mound would obstruct the view of the other side of the stadium, and with the design of the stadium, the further back into the grandstands you go, the worse it is. I've sat in the grand stand at the Gabba, and it feels alot better then AAMI. If you want to go and watch the game to learn on a tactical and stategic standpoint (like zones, player movements away fromt he ball, positioning etc.), Row ZZ is great. I sat there by myself for the 2011 game vs Geelong, but if you want to see the action and see exactly what's happening rather then guessing, the back third, maybe half of the Northern stand is horrendous for that.

Worth a look at the mall, but everytime I've done it I'm tyically too late and end up at Seaton high ;)
I always aim to get there an hour before kickoff and I've never had a problem, I normally aim for the Shed parking and if that's full resort to the Mall.

In 2012 and 2010 I had shed reserved parking, but in 09 and 11 we were fighting with the masses. I'd wait till later in the week to see when you need to aim getting there. If we're looking at 50k, get to the mall no later than 75 minutes pre-game, probably more like 90. If there's only 35k you should be safe with 60 minutes, wouldn't be shocked if you're safe right up untill kickoff.

I always aim to get there an hour before kickoff and I've never had a problem, I normally aim for the Shed parking and if that's full resort to the Mall.

In 2012 and 2010 I had shed reserved parking, but in 09 and 11 we were fighting with the masses. I'd wait till later in the week to see when you need to aim getting there. If we're looking at 50k, get to the mall no later than 75 minutes pre-game, probably more like 90. If there's only 35k you should be safe with 60 minutes, wouldn't be shocked if you're safe right up untill kickoff.

Every game so far this year, we've parked in a side street off Sportsmans Drive. 5-10 minute walk back to the car, and we're out basically straight away. Hate parking in West Lakes mall. Takes forever to get out.

Edit - And our tickets have come through! :D

alternatively, from a parking point of view, if you don't mind getting to the group several hours before the game, you can park in the mall for free. i'd recommend in front of k-mart tyre and auto

Every game so far this year, we've parked in a side street off Sportsmans Drive. 5-10 minute walk back to the car, and we're out basically straight away. Hate parking in West Lakes mall. Takes forever to get out.

Edit - And our tickets have come through! :D
I park in the shed carpark and have no problems getting out, never had. But the mall is horrendous at times, but it comes down to where they send you too, I've been in the car and out in 2 minutes, and I've been in the car and out in 1 hour, luck of the draw. But to be safe, basically you must leave right on the siren Or risk being in the carpark travelling 1mpm (metre per minute).

My recommended route for you mate.

https://www.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Sir Richard Williams Ave&daddr=-34.89193,138.50973 to:Raymond Ave&hl=en&sll=-34.887973,138.514295&sspn=0.025698,0.049224&geocode=FQTw6v0d2vRBCA;FWaX6_0don1BCCm_Z973MMSwajFwBXhJVDYDEw;FYqq6_0d-nBBCA&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&z=15

They open up the back gate of the school to let folks out. So getting there earlier and being buried 'deep' in teh carpark is the best option for a quick get away. Then you need to navigate the backstreets to get back on Trimmer, turn right onto Tapleys and you're away.

Agree - used to do this all the time when I used to park there (until we found a secret awesome car park that I will never tell anyone about;))

Friend at work had to wait until today to go and get tickets. Finally managed it and she reported back that they could only get tickets in the Northern Stand and it's pretty much almost a sell out!
thats awesome!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to get the tickets at around 3 today.

Never been in this section usually behind the goals or around the 50 metre mark. But has anyone ever sat in

Staircase 3K Row V?

If so what is it like?

They are silver tickets would have much rathered behind the goals if anyone has any that they want to swap that would be great.

If not any perspective about the seat positioning would be good.

Cheers.

Never been in this section usually behind the goals or around the 50 metre mark. But has anyone ever sat in

Staircase 3K Row V?

If so what is it like?

They are silver tickets would have much rathered behind the goals if anyone has any that they want to swap that would be great.

Cheers.
i'd say take an oxygen tank, the air gets pretty thin up there..

Staircase 3K Row V?

If so what is it like?

Cheers.
I think they're on Max Basheer Reserve

Hi All, I normally sit in bay 131, and love my seats there during the season. Had to settle for Bay 139 row F for Saturday. Anyone know of the area? Will it be anygood? PS if you are near me, apologies in advance for my complete one eyed-ness and poor jokes...

So there's 7,000 missing tickets?

Interesting...

I would say the other 7000 are AAMI Stadium Members. If it helps, the reserved balcony seating was already selling Bay 308 row K (the last section before it reverts to GA seats), which is an indication the AAMI Members are selling well as well.

Have to say I'm very surprised with how strong the tickets have sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back