The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Semi Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree with that. I've seen a heap of disappointments, losing to the Hawks in 07 & Collingwood in 09, plus the home finals losses. I was very deflated and questioning whether to put myself through it again. In the end I will be there but if I decided not to go I wouldn't consider myself a bandwagon supporter, just a bloody tired and fed up one.

I agree with this.

I also think some of our supporters need to grow out of seeing themselves like our players parents. This whole 'unconditional love, give them a hug when they lose so they dont feel bad' attitude is pervasive. Its time our club stood up and was accountable for its results when it matters. The players and club administration have a responsibility to the club in big games not to do damage to our brand. Taking our fans for granted, and then abusing them when they're fed up is the worst possible course of action.

Anything less than 45k would again be a disgrace. I was embarrassed by our turnout last Saturday. There are far too many supporters in our fan base that are pessimistic/soft and as a result have decided to stay home. I can assure you they will be the same people who if we win will be the first people to buy flights to Melbourne for the prelim. F***ing turn up to the game this Friday night Crows 'fans'.

Gotta agree. My Dad texted Monday saying he won't be going, I texted back asking why, he said "looking like its going to be wet" he said this on MONDAY. Piss poor excuse if true but he is a bit ill at the moment so may have been trying to put on a brave face. Then my brother messaged me yesterday "hey, wanna go to the Alma to watch the game tomorrow?" ..... ????? Apparently finishing work at 6 and getting to the ground by 8 is "too rushed" embarrassing. Both are paying gold members and have been for a while, both go to games throughout the year, just don't get it. We're members obviously because we love our club but ultimately we are there wanting success, which is why I am flabbergasted that they, plus a heap of others, just don't seem to care.

Any further word on the ticket sales?

It's always a bit depressing when there are empty seats at a final but it seems that the fans who are there compensate by being more vocal? Dunno... just get that sort of impression at times. Let's hope it's rocking, whether it's 35k or 45k. Bring back the Gun Club.

I agree with STO and Elite Crow though. Ultimately the club/team gets the crowd it deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Semi Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back