The Judd Bitterness scale

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find that many Hawks supporters are not bitter about Judd going to Carlton just the way he contradicted himself so many times in the past weeks

Wants to go to a club with great training facilities - Hawthorn and Collingwood would have the best in the state with Essendons not far behind

Wants to go to a club that are about to enter a successful period - Hawthorn and Collingwood again

He wants stable club - hang on both Collingwood and Hawthorn have a long term board with Collingwood having a long term coach and are always refining their coaching panel. Hawthorn has a reletively new coach but there is potential that he will also be long term

He wants a financial club - hmm Essendon, Hawthorn and Collingwood are financially secure for many years to come

His manager then slams Hawthorns bad culture - fair enough I accept that but maybe he should of spoken to the club and ascertained what was being done. He was also angry about the way his friend Steven Greene was treated - hmmm grow up Chris - AFL is now a business and people are being sacked by SMS.

As an outsider looking in I seriously believe that there is more going on than what we know about - for I dont think Carlton meet any of the above criteria that Judd initially demanded - hmmmm

No I am not bitter as a person should be able to play where they want, however, I am totally confused and have lost total respect for Chris Judd - I dont think it will only be West Coast supporters booing him in the future.

It would have been far easier to just type "YES I"M ****ING BITTER !!! " than to type out all that nonsensical garbage that means exactly the same thing ;)

Sorry i worded that incorrectly... I meant to say he clearly didnt just want to come home to Melbourne to be close to his family, he just wanted money and went to the club that could best offer him that. I mean he said he was leaving to be closer to family didn't he? He could have achieved this at any of the Melbourne clubs. And although i think Calrton will be a good team in the near future, arguably a club like Collingwood could have given him a better shot at a flag. So why carlton?

What no Carlton supporters bitter about paying too much for a has been with OP?:)

Seriously though it would have been nice to get him but WCE would have wanted too much from us so, nah no bitterness here. Better delete those images of him in B&W stripes tho'.

Good luck Juddster.
A has been. I dont know what your'e taking but can i get some??

When it was first announced it was eagles fans all the way. And understandably so. But once negotiations started they calmed down a bit and were just looking to get the best deal possible. I'm sure most of them are sick of even hearing his name.

But the really funny one was the reaction of Hawthorn supporters once they found out he wasn't interested in them. The way they carried on you'd think he'd broken into their house, tied them up, had a threesome with their mum and their sister in front of them, then taken a dump in their fridge before he left. Eagles supporters I can understand, but how precious do you have to be to get that worked up about a player who was never yours in the first place?

Freo should definitely be last on that list. After the crap we've had to put up with all year from the west coast media trying to stir up rumours about Pav leaving, it's been pure schadenfreude to see the tables turned.

I would think carlton would be more bitter toward richmond. He did not even want to come to Punt rd, we were just nuisance value.

All we did was try to force the price up and create considerable angst at carlton, hopeful that WC would get the one pick giving us a slight chance at Kreuzer.

If melbourne/ess/pies had joined in we could have just about swung it I reckon. But they wanted WC shafted rather than topping up with good picks.

I would think carlton would be more bitter toward richmond. He did not even want to come to Punt rd, we were just nuisance value.

All we did was try to force the price up and create considerable angst at carlton, hopeful that WC would get the one pick giving us a slight chance at Kreuzer.

If melbourne/ess/pies had joined in we could have just about swung it I reckon. But they wanted WC shafted rather than topping up with good picks.

Oh puh-leaze ...
The trade hold up was all about Josh Kennedy's reluctance to leave Carlton, nothing that your insignficant club could do :)

I'm not at all bitter about Judd going to Carlton... In fact, other than him landing at Melbourne this is the best outcome!

Am I bitter about him leaving? yes...
Am I bitter he screwed us? yes...
Am I bitter he ended up at the worst team this decade? hell no!

I'm glad he didn't go to the pies or the hawks, would've made them stronger than I'd like.

There's biterness about how he handled himself, not that he landed at a dud team :)

Which group of bigfooty supporters has been the most bitter about the whole Judd going to Carlton situation?

Well hopefully this time next year its not your mob. Remember Pagan?:D

Ranked from 'Frothing at the mouth' to 'I've got better things to worry about'

1. Collingwood...

Busted-arse tankers grasping at straws of respect board.

I haven't said a bitter word about this, and I haven't seen much bitterness at all. Theres been a little entirely justified wistfullness from the Dees, perhaps some shirtiness from the Hwks (against Judd, not against Carlton per se) and some ***-stirring from the Tiges, thats about it.

In fact this thread OP is about the bitterest bit of crowing in this sorry saga.

It would have been far easier to just type "YES I"M ****ING BITTER !!! " than to type out all that nonsensical garbage that means exactly the same thing ;)

I am not bitter at all thats why I feel people like you dont understand - I live in Perth and I can really show you bitterness about what Chris Judd has done and to be honest many people over here are saying the exact same thing.

Personally I am as happy as a pig in 54it for his salary demand will cause massive salary cap issues that we at Hawthorn dont need - remember we have to give Buddy, Roughie, Mitch, Hodge, Lewis and a heap of others new contracts in one or two years - we need all of the money we can get to keep these kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not at all bitter about Judd going to Carlton... In fact, other than him landing at Melbourne this is the best outcome!

Am I bitter about him leaving? yes...
Am I bitter he screwed us? yes...
Am I bitter he ended up at the worst team this decade? hell no!

I'm glad he didn't go to the pies or the hawks, would've made them stronger than I'd like.

There's biterness about how he handled himself, not that he landed at a dud team :)

And this is all I have heard from West Coast supporters - as I said in a previous post it really shows he only thought about himself and noone else.

As an Eagles supporter, I'm not disappointed that Juddy has gone to the Blues.

He will be happier now he is in Melbourne, closer to his family, but he will have to deal with the Melbourne media instead of the Perth media; bigger and just as intense. He comes across as a grumpy-bum who is not a real media "player" anyway so he might becomea target for them. And will be boo-ed by opposition fans, whereas they could sort of respect him from a distance before now.

I think Carlton is the natural place for him to go - I can dislike them with even more intensity now. And I'm glad, like another poster, that he didn't go to the Pies or the Hawks. He was never going to the Demons - when he compared Junction Oval (which I understand the D's never took him near) to Subiaco, the Lexus/Buckley Centre, or whatever they call Princes Park these days.

And in the meantime, the Eagles get JK plus prrobably 4 picks in the top 20. And we already have a midfield that includes Cuz, Kerr, Stenglein, Priddis, Rosa, Hurn, Selwood, Braun, Fletcher and the re-appearing Sam Butler and Mark Nicoski.

Read 'em and weep. We'll be baaaaack!

Which group of bigfooty supporters has been the most bitter about the whole Judd going to Carlton situation?

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Richmond
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. Essendon
7. Port Adelaide
8. Kangaroos
9. St Kilda
10. Brisbane
11. Fremantle
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Adelaide
14. Geelong
15. Sydney

I think you'll find not all supporters of those clubs wanted Judd .......

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Richmond
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. Essendon
7. Port Adelaide
8. Kangaroos
9. St Kilda
10. Brisbane
11. Fremantle
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Adelaide
14. Geelong
15. Sydney

I couldn't give a rats !! But, $100k a month for 5 years for a figjam, you'd better get a Premiership !

Richmond and Collingwood equal 1st. Hurt like hell. Richmond supporters gave the lube a good workout with their fantasy dreams. Collingwood we just bitter losers. Everyone else an equal long last.

West Coast don't count, they're entitled to feel a lttle sh1tty. I would too.

Late mail from SEN.........KB thinks Richmond are in the "box seat" to get Judd!!!!

Richmond and Collingwood equal 1st. Hurt like hell. Richmond gave the lube a good workout with their fantasy dreams. Collingwood we just bitter losers. Everyone else an equal long last.

West Coast don't count, they're entitled to feel a lttle sh1tty. I would too.

Very very well said.:thumbsu::)

What no Carlton supporters bitter about paying too much for a has been with OP?:)

Seriously though it would have been nice to get him but WCE would have wanted too much from us so, nah no bitterness here. Better delete those images of him in B&W stripes tho'.

Good luck Juddster.

no bitterness haha...thats why your having at crack at us carlton fans..
and if you think judd is a has been you are in denial and cannot cope with the fact that he didnt want to go to the filth....
i'm sure if judd went to collingwood you would be saying he has 20 years left and no price is too high..

Remove this Banner Ad

The Judd Bitterness scale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back