The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was to be a good guy & get the other half the Home Alone house for Xmas, what’s the best price going & where would I get it from?

If I was to be a good guy & get the other half the Home Alone house for Xmas, what’s the best price going & where would I get it from?
Home Alone I think is close to retirement. It was never widely available, although it has popped up on amazon on occasion. If you wanted it I'd be tempted to buy sooner rather than later. I think it's OOS at the Stores, but still available on lego.com (which for some reason isnt working for me right now but you might be able to search there).

EDIT : Just checked again. $449 at lego.com on backorder, $440 on amazon.au from amazon Japan.

Last edited:
I get that the manual is difficult g off of the JAWS movie artwork and it's a decent Lego-fied version.. but my mind is also thinking Free Willy for some reason.
Ha yes. It’s a good build so far. 13 bags in total and very manageable sizes too.
I have no idea where this is going in the house. 😆

Building the Milky Way at the moment. It's basically 3,000 pieces of greebling but the effect is very good. It's like the Art sets in that it builds on the 16x16 plates, but it's a lot of fun seeing the variety and uses of all the elements (and yes, there's a frog). Another challenge for the colour-blind though ;).

I do think it's very clever how they've created the third dimension, it's easy to imagine what it's trying to create. Should look really good on the wall when finished.

A niche product, sure, but if you're into space and/or Lego art it's a no-brainer. I got it at 20% off at Amazon on prime day so if you're patient there may be other deals.

One issue with it I do have. It's 31 numbered plastic bags, most of which have a second plastic bags inside. There are also 3 unnumbered plastic bags. That's a lot of plastic, I don't really get why they needed so many steps.

That looks so good. Are you happy with it?
Yeah for sure. Bit annoying the titbits hidden in the buildings. Feels like a bit of a waste as you have to pull the fronts off to see them. (Mini batmobile, villians etc)

But its bloody clever and will look great on the wall above the batcave.

Thing is just held together at the moment. Could collapse everywhere if im not careful moving it to complete 😵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing is just held together at the moment. Could collapse everywhere if im not careful moving it to complete 😵

Flashbacks to my Stranger Things set shattering into a million pieces when trying to connect the houses to the tree stands. Far out. Did not even look at the remains for months.

Eventually put it all back together but man. So frustrating.

Flashbacks to my Stranger Things set shattering into a million pieces when trying to connect the houses to the tree stands. Far out. Did not even look at the remains for months.

Eventually put it all back together but man. So frustrating.
Great set that. I do wonder if there'll be a follow up for the next series, which I think is coming early next year?

Is that the one where Spiderman comes out of the wall? I love that one.

Yes
I've had it for a while (late last year ? Around the time I got Bowser). Also got a second Batwing that I still haven't built.

Oh and I recently walked past a store that had Lego Bumblebee. So my Lego Optimus will have a new friend soon!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back