The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you getting? Was thinking of the Robot Coaster, I think those small coaster sets are cool (I have the pirate and space ones).

Couple more Star Wars sets, the X wing I’ve wanted for a while and at 30% off it was more worth it. Also the new Sarlacc pit to go with the sail barge coming out next month. Another set that was overpriced and was made tolerable with the sale.

X wing finally arrived today, 3 days after the other, can’t wait to get home tomorrow night and see it. Probably will join the falcon in the cupboard for now, will bring the Sarlacc pit up here to do next weekend.

Spent the Brownlow farce last night putting together the other half of the boarding the Tantive IV. Very different to try and build something the opposite way to the instructions!

IMG_4593.jpeg

Couple more Star Wars sets, the X wing I’ve wanted for a while and at 30% off it was more worth it. Also the new Sarlacc pit to go with the sail barge coming out next month. Another set that was overpriced and was made tolerable with the sale.

X wing finally arrived today, 3 days after the other, can’t wait to get home tomorrow night and see it. Probably will join the falcon in the cupboard for now, will bring the Sarlacc pit up here to do next weekend.

Spent the Brownlow farce last night putting together the other half of the boarding the Tantive IV. Very different to try and build something the opposite way to the instructions!

I'm already tempted - I've seen "The Dark Falcon" and I'm considering a purchase. I think it's just a darkened version of the Episode VIII falcon that came out a few years ago (75105?? which I own lol).

Actually wish I woke up earlier on the public holiday, I feel like building some Lego but would prefer to get it done within 24 hours..... and my choices (other than the un-pictured Batwing) would take a bit longer with the way I do Lego lol.

hZXE2rQ.png

At this stage I'll build them in order of purchase (Spidey, Bumblebee, Voltron) and Melbourne Cup week is where I'll likely start things.

As much as I overpaid for Voltron, I made up for it in other ways - Spidey is $269 at most places..... $299.99 at Toyworld. I paid $192.10.

Last edited:
I'm already tempted - I've seen "The Dark Falcon" and I'm considering a purchase. I think it's just a darkened version of the Episode VIII falcon that came out a few years ago (75105?? which I own lol).

Yeah I think its pretty much that with dark versions of the figures.

I finished the desert skiff this morning, not a good idea when first waking up…But I’d started it yesterday and got interrupted. Pretty cheap build and not worth anywhere near its full price, 30% off took it to its upper limit!

Now to wait for the sail barge and decide if I want it with the lightsaber or wait for a sale.

IMG_4613.jpeg

Yeah I think its pretty much that with dark versions of the figures.

I finished the desert skiff this morning, not a good idea when first waking up…But I’d started it yesterday and got interrupted. Pretty cheap build and not worth anywhere near its full price, 30% off took it to its upper limit!

Now to wait for the sail barge and decide if I want it with the lightsaber or wait for a sale.

View attachment 2123362
Not into the Star Wars genre, but the reviews on the Sail Barge suggest that it's overpriced and it might be worth waiting for a sale, or at least double/triple points. The Lightsaber you might be able to get in the aftermarket, or it might reappear as an incentive with a future set.

Not into the Star Wars genre, but the reviews on the Sail Barge suggest that it's overpriced and it might be worth waiting for a sale, or at least double/triple points. The Lightsaber you might be able to get in the aftermarket, or it might reappear as an incentive with a future set.

That’s what I was reading and the only justification was to get it and sell the lightsaber to offset the extra cost.

Chances are I’ll wait for a sale, hopefully it’ll be on sale Black Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I was reading and the only justification was to get it and sell the lightsaber to offset the extra cost.

Chances are I’ll wait for a sale, hopefully it’ll be on sale Black Friday.
The only trouble I have with Black Friday is that no matter how hard I try, the annual Lego budget has been blown by then.

(Naturally, I do then what the Government does - borrow from next year's allocation :cool:)

Oh, I meant to ask. Has anyone else started having issues with their Lego account staying logged on? I now have to log on every time I visit (or open the Lego Builder app on the phone). It's a pain, as you now can't easily scan new QR codes or check the wishlist. I thought it might be just cookies or somesuch, but I contacted support and they said it was by design, and I would now have to log on each time. Is this the case for you?

The only trouble I have with Black Friday is that no matter how hard I try, the annual Lego budget has been blown by then.

(Naturally, I do then what the Government does - borrow from next year's allocation :cool:)

lol, i usually have the same issue with my financial situation rarely in a good spot at that time of year and knowing how difficult the following 2 months are. I go away in January each year so that really needs saving for!!!

But I always remain optimistic and now starting using those pay in 4 services for my larger LEGO purchases.

Oh, I meant to ask. Has anyone else started having issues with their Lego account staying logged on? I now have to log on every time I visit (or open the Lego Builder app on the phone). It's a pain, as you now can't easily scan new QR codes or check the wishlist. I thought it might be just cookies or somesuch, but I contacted support and they said it was by design, and I would now have to log on each time. Is this the case for you?

Interesting as I’ve noticed the same issue lately with a few different sites, really pissing me off!

Probably posted a thousand times already, but I couldn’t start here in any other way.

Welcome :). For those who may not already know Gremio, he's a fanatical Power man from Brazil who's been challenged with contributing to this thread as well as he does to so many others.

So, GP, it's off to the local Lego shop with you to find something that piques an interest. Let us know what might take your fancy and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions here.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back