The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The underlying point was because Jane once or twice made whimsical facebook videos about making cocktails, her apparent lack of expertise in this area is probably due to being intoxicated. Why else would a two year old video with no relevance be posted?
To be clear my point is she should not be taken seriously on anything and making videos about mixing gin and lemonade perfectly reflects her level.

There is not a culture war Jane Hume will not fight - much like most of the other Liberals.

Dutton says
"Israel is facing an existential threat of extinction. They are being attacked through the proxies of Iran. That's what's happening here."

How does a person get to his position defend a genocide by saying the ones committing genocide are facing "extinction"?? He's enabling the further genocide and Israeli escalation.

He's a foreign policy lightweight.

It's either that he's stupid, that he's getting a lot of lobbyist money AIPAC style, or it's his latest dog-whistle to the anti-Sharia crowd. Knowing Dutton, it's probably all three.
As Professor Mearshiemer said to Piers Morgan - anyone that argues that any of the countries in the Middle East is an existential threat to Israel cannot be taken seriously.

Israel is a highly-developed country with a highly-trained, well-equipped military that will always have the backing of the US, a superpower. Its regional enemies are largely in shambles. They could inflict great suffering, but couldn't wipe Israel off the map if they tried. Iran has been working on nuclear weapons for decades and will never get them before Israel and the US stop them - again.

Therefore Australian pollies don't need to tie themselves into pretzels saying wE mUsT sTaNd By IsRaEl. Netanyahu doesn't give a shit whether Australia's PM or its dud opposition leader support him.

Israel is a highly-developed country with a highly-trained, well-equipped military that will always have the backing of the US, a superpower. Its regional enemies are largely in shambles. They could inflict great suffering, but couldn't wipe Israel off the map if they tried. Iran has been working on nuclear weapons for decades and will never get them before Israel and the US stop them - again.

Therefore Australian pollies don't need to tie themselves into pretzels saying wE mUsT sTaNd By IsRaEl. Netanyahu doesn't give a shit whether Australia's PM or its dud opposition leader support him.
Look at his audience

They think any one against or at least asking Israel to not go to far is brown and Islamic

Two things they hate most. He can say what he wants with impunity. He is just trying to be the strong man many of these people love

I wonder if the demise of the Liberals as a 'election winning machine' could be traced back to the Geoff Shaw affair in 2013-14, where Shaw virtually blew up the Coalition government under Denis Napthine and engineering the rise of Daniel Andrews.

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if the demise of the Liberals as a 'election winning machine' could be traced back to the Geoff Shaw affair in 2013-14, where Shaw virtually blew up the Coalition government under Denis Napthine and engineering the rise of Daniel Andrews.

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or Jeff’s clear out of senior MPs to enable ‘new blood’

Firstly, I am not advocating against a sense of vigilance against an attack on institutions. I just have more faith in our political class (of which I am a member) would strongly push back against such an attack as stacking the AEC or denying an election result than others around here. Personally I have indicated I would be critical of such a move in this thread.

But I also think there is a tendency to want to revel in believing the worst about people you don't agree with, and that was mainly what I was pushing against when suggesting a leader denying an election result was highly, highly unlikely regardless of who lost. Across the world, perhaps some of our issues in our polity could be solved just by moving closer to the viewpoint that those with whom we disagree are not that different from ourselves, and that we seek to approach that difference of opinion with grace and civility.
There are those whose public conduct makes that viewpoint impossible for me eg Trump, Hanson, Abetz

Just when it looks like moderates might be gaining some power back, the nutters strike back.

Libs pick up a seat in progressive canberra (15/25 seats went to centre or centre left) by going moderate and some cooker nutter wants to take over and go far right to get votes.I guess he means the 2% that voted family first but they already get the back thrugh preferences and they need like 10%

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back