Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Is the lid off?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for you guys having to show up in 2014 and 2022 lol. 2 blowouts in the big dance would do my head in lol. I went to 2022 and it was numb. At least Cats fans were chill. But... we all go through it together.

Now flip-flopping between going into the ticket ballot or not...

I say that, but in the end, if we make it, I'll be there. I'm a sucker for punishment but also have major FOMO if we actually win it..

That's where I sit after being in the crowd for 5 losing GFs and 2 wins.
The 2 wins sure help balance all that painful crap and a third will certainly help the last 3 nightmares to fade.

I've told the story before, but my wife accompanied me only in the 2005 & 2012 GFs.
I'm not very superstitious, but enough is enough! Yep, her flight is already booked.

Last edited:
Same. People keep asking me if I'll go this year if we make it and I just don't know
I can't physically do it. Im a ridiculously nervous watcher, even during a normal game, squirming around from couch to floor, lying down, sitting up, standing up, on all fours. I need the comfort of my floor and couch to get through a GF + no social interaction.

I can't physically do it. Im a ridiculously nervous watcher, even during a normal game, squirming around from couch to floor, lying down, sitting up, standing up, on all fours. I need the comfort of my floor and couch to get through a GF + no social interaction.
Not that you don't know yourself better than anyone else, but have you been to a final or a GF? There are plenty of nervous people and when we score the adrenalin sweeps through the crowd...

There's nothing like it! We're dancing and yelling, some are crying... we cheer and chant, we groan as if in physical pain, we yell at umpires... and while when we lose the depression is just dreadful, the ecstatic euphoria of winning is just breath taking!

I know none of these makes the slightest bit of difference for you, but I just hate that anyone misses out!

Not that you don't know yourself better than anyone else, but have you been to a final or a GF? There are plenty of nervous people and when we score the adrenalin sweeps through the crowd...

There's nothing like it! We're dancing and yelling, some are crying... we cheer and chant, we groan as if in physical pain, we yell at umpires... and while when we lose the depression is just dreadful, the ecstatic euphoria of winning is just breath taking!

I know none of these makes the slightest bit of difference for you, but I just hate that anyone misses out!
I have to say, when Malceski kicked the winning goal in 2012, the feeling of hugging complete strangers and going nuts with all the Swans fans around me at the G, was unbelievable

I was there in 05 when i was 11 but still remember it like yesterday. There was a fella and his dad next to us and his old man was exactly 72 years old, everyone was hugging everyone was pure joy. First time I seen and old man cry.

Attempted to go to 12 and 16 couldn't get tickets. And had a chance to pay a grand for scalped 22 tickets but couldn't justify it, and thank god for that.

I think it would have to depend on who we play in the granny and how confident i feel on the day whether i bite the bullet or not.

i'm exactly the same! ... i learned long ago that going to the football with other people (even family) never really worked, and these days i generally prefer to avoid people anyway
at home alone with the tv i can conduct my own swans gameday thread (riding all the highs and lows, much furious swearing, cursing and outrage) without bothering anyone else (or making too much a d1ck of myself) ... and it's cheaper
the downside is the commentary, but that can be muted ... and i can switch to something else, usually the races, if things are getting ugly (i switch back when the races get ugly)
but as for the lid, it's been gone for a while ... didn't bother looking for it during those bad few weeks ... and now i'm feeling all zen ... i've thought all year our best football is the best in it, and i think we're now coming back into form, certainly as much as any other team ...
to all you big footy swans fans who'll be there in the stands (or wherever else) over the finals series, all the best, enjoy what hopefully will be memorable moments in swans history, particularly on that last saturday of the season
i think we'll win it ... bring it on!

Unless something goes horribly wrong, we're going to dominate this finals series like few have before.

Our best is miles above the competition and we've got our best 22 available for the first time all season.

The Port loss will become and answer to a trivia question for years to come.
Guess will wait and see

See how we handle the pressure

Unless something goes horribly wrong, we're going to dominate this finals series like few have before.

Our best is miles above the competition and we've got our best 22 available for the first time all season.

The Port loss will become and answer to a trivia question for years to come.

Q. What premier's first defeat of the season was by the eventual wooden spooners and later had a 112 point thrashing a month before finals?

There is also DESPAIR but knowing everyone else around you is sharing the pain.

22 was the most devastating thing to sit through

OTOH, the 2022 PF was something surreal being there. You could definitely feel the crowd getting nervous as we almost lost the lead against the Pies. Everyone around me was almost silent. Almost felt a sigh of relief when the ball hit the post and we managed to hold on. The siren went just in time. But when we won, the Swans fans sang with gusto.

The next week though... :sweatsmile:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not going all the way to Melbourne to do damage to my nervous system.

If the AFL starts holding grand finals in Sydney I’ll be queuing in the rain, snow, typhoons, tornadoes, neutron bomb attacks and meteor hits for tickets.
flick us your barcode number in that case ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Back