You might be watching the Sydney board without meaning to! Here's how to fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief I think it has to do when SwansProudly posts the POTY thread that I can see, click on and get an error about. It was a weird thing that happened last week as well that caused the entire board for me to be marked as read even when someone had just posted and I hadn't opened the thread.
I don't quite understand.

"it has to do when SwansProudly posts the POTY thread that I can see, click on and get an error about."

So you see the thread in the thread list?

Click on it?

Get an error - what is the error?

"it has to do when SwansProudly posts the POTY thread that I can see, click on and get an error about."

Click on it?

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Clicked a watched thread or forum link?​

Click to unwatch a forum or unwatch a thread you no longer have access to.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Clicked a watched thread or forum link?​

Click to unwatch a forum or unwatch a thread you no longer have access to.
Which thread? There is a new POTY thread each week.

Click on it?

Very similar to what sataris said

Last week, the Round 9 POTY thread was "pre posted" and scheduled to be posted after the Freo game. From the moment I marked the board as read after that thread was pre-posted, the entire board stayed as if I had read every post until the scheduled time the POTY thread was posted. It was around this same time everyone started following the Swans board randomly.

Yesterday, I saw SwansProudly post the POTY thread for Round 10. When I clicked it, I got the same error that sataris has posted. Said thread has now disappeared. Since that thread was posted, we now have people claiming to be following the board again unintentionally.

I believe the 2 issues are linked as each time it has happened, it has happened when the POTY thread is scheduled to be posted

You shouldn't be able to even see those threads in the list.

The scheduled post addon is likely broken, and not supported any more in any case.

I will disable it and find a replacement.

Can you give me some examples?
Was randomly watching the Port AFLW board. (unwatched now)

Excited to see where the random notification machine takes me next

You shouldn't be able to even see those threads in the list.

The scheduled post addon is likely broken, and not supported any more in any case.

I will disable it and find a replacement.
Well that went badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back