The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely think Mabior Chol would be a better fit than Jackson on Freo's list with Darcy already there. Less coin, more goals and a better kick to set up other forwards around the ground. Probably cost them a 3rd rounder at this rate too.

Having 1.8 mil tied up in rucks is never going to work for Freo, trade Darcy and the deal looks a lot better but even then... You're losing Darcy for no good reason.

Genuinely think Mabior Chol would be a better fit than Jackson on Freo's list with Darcy already there. Less coin, more goals and a better kick to set up other forwards around the ground. Probably cost them a 3rd rounder at this rate too.

Having 1.8 mil tied up in rucks is never going to work for Freo, trade Darcy and the deal looks a lot better but even then... You're losing Darcy for no good reason.
Mabior Chol ffs 😂

have you watched jackson this year? his impact is genuinely unreal, and not just in a single position, forward or ruck. ive not seen a big man scoot his way through congestion and find a player on the outside full tilt with a handball or lace up a leading forward on the run. comparing him with anyone else in the comp atm is your first mistake. watch his game against the swans or the hawks early in the year

This take is well off the mark. Jackson won the rising star 2 years ago and he’s gone well past that level of performance already this year. If he has a big finish to the season he would be making the AA40 actually.
He’s 10 votes clear of Tim English in the coaches award
it's all well and good to talk him up now but let's circa back to your comments last year:

"What do people serious think we should pay for Jackson?
In draft capital I’m talking about.
I’m starting to think that the two first rounders in the teens is too much at this stage…
He hasn’t played a really good game in months!
For me pick 12 (I’m guessing we will have something like that) and maybe a second rounder in the range of 22-25.

Talk of 3 first rounders for LJ is absolutely outrageous - not a ******* hope in hell should we cough that up".

It's just typical of fans that really have no clue about other clubs players because they don't watch them as closely.

Mabior Chol ffs 😂

have you watched jackson this year? his impact is genuinely unreal, and not just in a single position, forward or ruck. ive not seen a big man scoot his way through congestion and find a player on the outside full tilt with a handball or lace up a leading forward on the run. comparing him with anyone else in the comp atm is your first mistake. watch his game against the swans or the hawks early in the year
When he's playing as the lone ruck he's performed well. When Darcy has been taking majority of the minutes he's had 1 or 2 good games and 10 or so pretty crap ones.

Its a stupid trade, nobody needs two 900k paid rucks on their list and your position on the ladder atm is evidence of that.

Lost Acres, Logue and Lobb, Pick 13, likely pick 4-5 and a low 20s pick too. For what you ask? A back up ruck whos no better than Jack Silvagni when playing up forward. Thats absolute trash from Bell.

When he's playing as the lone ruck he's performed well. When Darcy has been taking majority of the minutes he's had 1 or 2 good games and 10 or so pretty crap ones.

Its a stupid trade, nobody needs two 900k paid rucks on their list and your position on the ladder atm is evidence of that.

Lost Acres, Logue and Lobb, Pick 13, likely pick 4-5 and a low 20s pick too. For what you ask? A back up ruck whos no better than Jack Silvagni when playing up forward. Thats absolute trash from Bell.
silvagni you reckon 😂 now i know youre taking the piss

I blame the broadcasters. Jackson has played plenty of excellent games this season as evidenced by his 49 coaches votes but most non WA viewers without Fox or Kayo have probably only seen one or two where he hasn’t performed too well. If he was still at Melbourne we’d potentially be talking about a breakout season.

Got to love the loyalty of some club supporters to their own players but gee whiz you’d struggle to find many people taking Silvagni over Jackson.

interesting when Jackson has more contested marks and marks inside 50 than silvagni, like come on mate turn it up
Silvagni is also playing next to two Coleman winners who sort of take up that role. He plays as a link up player on the wings more than anything but has shown more forward nous than Wacko when the other two have been out.

I blame the broadcasters. Jackson has played plenty of excellent games this season as evidenced by his 49 coaches votes but most non WA viewers without Fox or Kayo have probably only seen one or two where he hasn’t performed too well. If he was still at Melbourne we’d potentially be talking about a breakout season.

Got to love the loyalty of some club supporters to their own players but gee whiz you’d struggle to find many people taking Silvagni over Jackson.
Jackson is a better player than Silvagni theres no doubts about that, its in regard to having 1.8 million tied up in two rucks who are bang on ordinary up forward. Jackson playing 2nd fiddle in the ruck going at a goal a game on 900k or Silvagni doing the same for probably 350k.

I know which I'd prefer and thats without the insane draft capital Bell gave up for Jackson.

Jackson is a better player than Silvagni theres no doubts about that, its in regard to having 1.8 million tied up in two rucks who are bang on ordinary up forward. Jackson playing 2nd fiddle in the ruck going at a goal a game on 900k or Silvagni doing the same for probably 350k.

I know which I'd prefer and thats without the insane draft capital Bell gave up for Jackson.
I suppose time will tell on this one, and this whole thread for that matter.
I would absolutely expect a bona fide match winner for two first rounders plus a second, and $900K per season but I also believe Jackson should become just that for us.

In terms of trade price is there even a comparable precedent for a third year, rising star winning, premiership player of KP size who was originally a top 3 pick?

In terms of trade price is there even a comparable precedent for a third year, rising star winning, premiership player of KP size who was originally a top 3 pick?
...not exactly going to get a lot of players with those criteria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the L and move on, you're beclowning yourself.

I suppose time will tell on this one, and this whole thread for that matter.
I would absolutely expect a bona fide match winner for two first rounders plus a second, and $900K per season but I also believe Jackson should become just that for us.

Well thats really the question at hand, I have my doubts. But as you said, time will tell.

Tim English has Brownlow favourites running around taking coaches votes off him. It’s not a very good metric to use for comparison, if you want a better reflection try using overall stats where English monsters Jackson in basically everything.

View attachment 1769608
Ridiculous comparison. Here's the comparison of them with English at the same age as Jackson. Jackson is very comparable:

Ridiculous comparison. Here's the comparison of them with English at the same age as Jackson. Jackson is very comparable:

When I’m responding to someone who’s saying Jackson is having a better season than English THIS YEAR, why the heck would I use English’s stats from 2 or 3 years ago to claim otherwise?

When I’m responding to someone who’s saying Jackson is having a better season than English THIS YEAR, why the heck would I use English’s stats from 2 or 3 years ago to claim otherwise?

It’s a silly comparison stats wise, Jackson has played 2nd ruck most of the year. English obviously first ruck all year.

I’m not sure why English is the benchmark. Or a comparison.

Jackson having an amazing year for a 21 year old tall utility. He’s played 50% ruck (would be less if Darcy didn’t get injured), 40% forward and 10% onball. It’s a unique combination.

I'm convinced Freo supporters only watch one game per weekend, which is fine, but it explains why anything Jackson does is completely new to them.

I'm convinced Freo supporters only watch one game per weekend, which is fine, but it explains why anything Jackson does is completely new to them.

How many games has Luke produced like the one he did against the Brions?

Asking for those of us that only watch one game a weekend!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back