The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Single handedly keeping Freo in the game today and was awesome last week as the lone ruck.

Please Longmuir I'd rather have egg on my face than see him get sent back to full forward and waste away just to accommodate Darcy when he's back.

They’ve signed him until 2030 so they have to play him. Big big money for a big big boy.

It’s clear as day Jackson is miles better without Darcy in the side.

He got killed by Xerri in the first half. Darcy a better matchup for the gorillas.

This is where you can't beat pure athleticism though.
He's now working Xerri around the ground and Xerri can't go with him.

On the verge of exploding into an elite footballer is Jackson. Great to watch.

Play him as a ruck rover then, he doesn't have the leading patterns as a forward imo. Does his best work through the middle of the ground with runners around him

Ruck rover is an even bigger fantasy, could you imagine him lining up on Bont, Green, Cripps or Oliver and following the ball. He’d get destroyed over four quarters.

He is valuable because he is so much better below the knees and far more mobile than any other ruckman. But he is nowhere near the best mids in the comp.

Play him as a ruck rover then, he doesn't have the leading patterns as a forward imo. Does his best work through the middle of the ground with runners around him

I have no problems with that, Jacko as a big mobile mid.

He can roll forward as an extra forward target. With the midfield rotations, for short periods when “resting”, he could stay deep as a target.

I have no problems with that, Jacko as a big mobile mid.

He can roll forward as an extra forward target. With the midfield rotations, for short periods when “resting”, he could stay deep as a target.
I don't think he's a good enough forward to beat a good key defender but he's certainly big and athletic enough to beat a ruck or midfielder thats on him when he's roamed forward.

He reminds me of what we had hoped Kreuzer could be if he hadn't been destroyed by injuries. His best work is likely always going to be the middle, following the ball being a ruck/mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if you haven't been paying attention.
That's the kicker, most people don't watch us, they go off what the media tells them to believe, so if the media is saying that Jackson is better off without Darcy they'll believe it because they've been told to believe it.

Anyone who genuinely believes that Jackson is better without Darcy doesn't have a clue about football in the first place, he'll get even better when Darcy comes back.

I'd argue Jackson's WORST use would be having him as our #1 ruckman, it's not his best role.

I guess your coach, and opposition coaches, don’t have a clue about the game? The votes don’t back up what you’re saying. Neither do the stats.

Sunk cost fallacy that will only grow and grow as Jackson continues to improve and Darcy continues to remain unfit and injury prone.

I guess your coach, and opposition coaches, don’t have a clue about the game? The votes don’t back up what you’re saying. Neither do the stats.

Sunk cost fallacy that will only grow and grow as Jackson continues to improve and Darcy continues to remain unfit and injury prone.
Remember he's there for now because Darcy is out, so in that scneario, yes, use him as the #1 ruckman, but with a fit Darcy his best use is being moved around as a mobile big man that can play anywhere.

We're a better team with both of them in it, not with one or the other.

Remember he's there for now because Darcy is out, so in that scneario, yes, use him as the #1 ruckman, but with a fit Darcy his best use is being moved around as a mobile big man that can play anywhere.

We're a better team with both of them in it, not with one or the other.
will be great if we can rotate them

I don't think he's a good enough forward to beat a good key defender but he's certainly big and athletic enough to beat a ruck or midfielder thats on him when he's roamed forward.
He’s the third tall fwd
Not many teams have 3 good key defenders
He’s kicking two a week from the midfield
Could ave 3 a week as a full time fwd

Remove this Banner Ad

The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back