Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell from Bacchus Marsh was only on hold for 8 minutes on Dwayne's World this time, not 29 minutes like the last time. His mates told him about his call being on the The Front Bar so he called in to talk to Dwayne about it. They both had a good laugh about it.

“Who do you think your fooling? These people have been watching football for 100 years. They know when you take short steps, they know when you come off your line, they know when you don’t back-back with courage. WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR FOOLING???

Tim Ginever, May 30 2024

“Who do you think your fooling? These people have been watching football for 100 years. They know when you take short steps, they know when you come off your line, they know when you don’t back-back with courage. WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR FOOLING???

Tim Ginever, May 30 2024
I'm a fan of Jr Snr Burger but he could've gone harder a few times and also not fallen over a few times.

I'm a fan of Jr Snr Burger but he could've gone harder a few times and also not fallen over a few times.
That frustrated me a bit, but then he wasnt alone! From Marshall (who flops over constantly), to Aliir, we had players slip in the contest. Carlton scored a number of goals from these.

They are just not wearing screw-ins in slippery conditions!

While he clearly despises port and his reluctance to give JHF any credit is pathetic, David King’s analysis of port is more accurate than anyone in the media

Pretty much everyone else in the media is Hinkley's mate and/or don't give a shit about Port.

If he truly despised Port the smart play would have been to join the Hinkley protection racket. Even Stephen Rowe was clever enough to figure that out. I think it's more him being anti-Kane than anti-Port.

If he truly despised Port the smart play would have been to join the Hinkley protection racket. Even Stephen Rowe was clever enough to figure that out. I think it's more him being anti-Kane than anti-Port.
I don't think he's anti-Kane either. The two seem to have a good rapport on their radio show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's anti-Kane either. The two seem to have a good rapport on their radio show.
'Anti-Kane' in the sense that being 'anti-Kane' is good for content when you share a radio show with Kane, not necessarily in the sense of personal dislike.

While he clearly despises port and his reluctance to give JHF any credit is pathetic, David King’s analysis of port is more accurate than anyone in the media
Ken stopped buying him lunch, so King has turned a bit.

Plus there is a bit of the ole - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me six times - you can go and get ****ed.

I know Campo mainly comments on Crows games but his objective analysis of our problems with contested possessions which he says go back even to when he was coaching the crows and in his words ( we can get em if we can match or beat them) is telling. In his opinion he reckons our pressure rating is good but that just means we’re chasing tail a lot.
As he sees it either the messaging is wrong or the players can’t or don’t follow instruction.
Whenever I’ve listened to him it always sounds like he has a very good understanding of the game and communicates it well to the listener.

I know Campo mainly comments on Crows games but his objective analysis of our problems with contested possessions which he says go back even to when he was coaching the crows and in his words ( we can get em if we can match or beat them) is telling. In his opinion he reckons our pressure rating is good but that just means we’re chasing tail a lot.
As he sees it either the messaging is wrong or the players can’t or don’t follow instruction.
Whenever I’ve listened to him it always sounds like he has a very good understanding of the game and communicates it well to the listener.
And because the game plan is only about a high high press and territory game, we don't have any alternative when the oppo - get us.

We waste too much energy with our high press and work too hard to get goals.

It was very damning on Ken. Basically saying he has been getting beaten in exactly the same manner for years and that he doesn't even realise he's focusing on the wrong stats.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was very damning on Ken. Basically saying he has been getting beaten in exactly the same manner for years and that he doesn't even realise he's focusing on the wrong stats.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Which is what the ‘white noise’ has been growing frustrated with, year on year…

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back