Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree 100% the tools involved at our club need to be held to account. However that dickhead Tarzia should just keep his mouth shut. His mob haven’t played finals for seven years, have a shit culture and are not liked throughout the AFL. Maybe clean up your backyard first dickhead.

Lol his mob can't even turn up to govern and get kicked out after one term every time. How did you go hanging onto government after Labor won 3 seats after the State Bank debacle? Talk about a disappearing act.

View attachment 2104581

'Underdog status'.

'Underdog status' as a team which finished second this year, and third last year.

'Underdog status' against a team which finished seventh this year, and sixteenth last year.

Tell me you are Glenelg without saying you are Glenelg.

I hadn’t read this before so apologies if repeating.

Gerard “I Luv Kern” Whateley blaming last years straight sets exit not on the coach, not on the players, but on the management.

When discussing Luke Beveridge future

“Next year would be the last year of his contract.

“There are two streams of thought, put the coach on the edge of the plank and go ‘let’s find out’, but the modern set up is if you put the coach on the edge of the plank you never really find out because it gets inside the walls.

“It’s got very little to do with the coach and more to do with the environment.

“We saw it blow up and Leon Cameron barely lasted eight rounds, Nathan Buckley got to halfway so the only one that got through was Ken Hinkley, but I’ll argue all day long that that wasn’t successful.

“They set up the wrong strategy, he was coaching for his life winning thirteen in a row and they forgot about what it’s going to look like when it actually matters
.”

So Ken gets the plaudits for coaching us to 13 wins (under personal pressure) but not his fault we lost in straight sets (under finals pressure).

Seriously, how flawed is that thinking?

Maybe under this rationale, the club should have said “Win a premiership, or you’re out”, and he would have won it “coaching for his life”.

I hadn’t read this before so apologies if repeating.

Gerard “I Luv Kern” Whateley blaming last years straight sets exit not on the coach, not on the players, but on the management.

When discussing Luke Beveridge future

“Next year would be the last year of his contract.

“There are two streams of thought, put the coach on the edge of the plank and go ‘let’s find out’, but the modern set up is if you put the coach on the edge of the plank you never really find out because it gets inside the walls.

“It’s got very little to do with the coach and more to do with the environment.

“We saw it blow up and Leon Cameron barely lasted eight rounds, Nathan Buckley got to halfway so the only one that got through was Ken Hinkley, but I’ll argue all day long that that wasn’t successful.

“They set up the wrong strategy, he was coaching for his life winning thirteen in a row and they forgot about what it’s going to look like when it actually matters
.”

So Ken gets the plaudits for coaching us to 13 wins (under personal pressure) but not his fault we lost in straight sets (under finals pressure).

Maybe under this rationale, the club should have said “Win a premiership, or you’re out”, and he would have won it “coaching for his life”.

My brain hurts reading that……

I have this really simplistic view:
Coach takes team to finals and wins games = Good
Coach takes team to finals and has history of losing those games = Bad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“They set up the wrong strategy, he was coaching for his life winning thirteen in a row and they forgot about what it’s going to look like when it actually matters.”

You're searching for problems here because you don't like Whately (which you're probably right about).

Gerard has the right point here. Having Hinkley "coaching for his career" for all of 2023 resulted in them sending guys out onto the park to play, when they should've been out injured or even getting surgery and having a few weeks off. Dixon and Marshall were a big ones for this. A new contract was Ken's whole aim. No care about how we'd go with the walking wounded after Ken earned his new contract.

This also ties into the "August" being a deadline.

And then the walking wounded got smashed in Finals.

Hence why August was stupid and should have been post finals.

Also I don’t get why someone doesn’t care about finals, that’s what it’s all about

You're searching for problems here because you don't like Whately (which you're probably right about).

Gerard has the right point here. Having Hinkley "coaching for his career" for all of 2023 resulted in them sending guys out onto the park to play, when they should've been out injured or even getting surgery and having a few weeks off. Dixon and Marshall were a big ones for this. A new contract was Ken's whole aim. No care about how we'd go with the walking wounded after Ken earned his new contract.

He's absolutely spot on now, but this doesn't at all match what he said at the time:

I politely disagree.

What were the options?
  • Give him an extension prior to his final year, we’ve seen how that plays out.
  • Tell him it’s his final year regardless? Good luck with that.

Assuming that Ken could dictate when our team wins and doesn’t, in hypothetical land if he wasn’t coaching for H&A and was instead coaching to win a flag (which should have been his primary aim in any event) then W/L wise we would be in a favourable position come August anyway and he’d still have gotten his extension.

(PS I haven’t watched Fox for about 7 years, so no opinion on him or Mark R or the others on there, apart from in game commentary)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Port overcame "the same challenge" which incidentally was totally different?

Rucci does!

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember when Port overcame "the same challenge" which incidentally was totally different?

Rucci does!

Remember how great we were in 2014?
Remember how great that team did over the next 5 years/10 years in finals

I loved how moralist of integrity and fairness in sport Whately and Robo are picking which Hawks player should target Butters ribs with a smile.
i need to thank Whately and Robbo for that. An incredibly sh*t call. Made me angry enough that it's turned my natural Port Adelaide us against the world mentality into overdrive. When I was kid everyone hated Port - I feel like Vic centric media has taken me back to days gone by. It certainly feels like everyone is just waiting for Hawthorn to win so they can salivate over a Hawthorn Sydney final. David my eyes are too close together King once called Rozee "a headache turning into a migraine", he hates JHF and is now delighting in Butters going down - we need to win, I need a good laugh.

I loved how moralist of integrity and fairness in sport Whately and Robo are picking which Hawks player should target Butters ribs with a smile.

My only issue with this is that, for them, the very same thing reversed would be a “dog act”.

Rucci does!

But he doesn’t remember the exactly “same challenge” that happened just last year. Amazing stuff.

My only issue with this is that, for them, the very same thing reversed would be a “dog act”.
From my perspective I’m not ignorant we know it happens, we know if he plays he will get attention, it’s combat sport I’d expect no less.

However, two football journalist who weekly criticise players for thuggery and hurting opposition players in reportable incidents, its disgraceful for them to be passing comment with a smile I think blah blah should be hitting Butters. Rob wanted Ginivan to do it for the theatre.

How about they follow their own morals and say, surely wanting to test and potentially hurt a star player is an extinct behaviour no longer tolerated and not part of the game!

Rucci does!

Seriously who reads Rucci on the Port website and expects fair and balanced analysis?

Bet we've boxed ourselves into a corner - take Rucci out of the critical media but have to give him something to do so that he doesn't tee off on us in revenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back