Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start treating the West like Liverpool supporters treat a certain newspaper.

Obviously nowhere near as bad as what instigated that, but it's getting ridiculous now.

100% that Rioli article came out cause they knew that the Cannabis news was gonna hit today.

It's important to remember that this media machine, is the same one that pushed Jeff Farmer out of the game, acted as a domino for the termination of Shane Yarran's contract and subsequent suicide, Michael Johnson's five week trial by media and then celebrated every failure Harley Bennell suffered along the way.

I must reiterate how I am devastated for Willie Rioli given the significant and unique challenges of indigenous Australians, however the supportive media both he and Liam Ryan have received in the wake of their indiscretions is HOW IT SHOULD BE.

And yet these player's public sentiment is purely dictated by what jumper they wear, with the real life implications being substantial, all over a game of football. It's absolutely mental.

It's important to remember that this media machine, is the same one that pushed Jeff Farmer out of the game, acted as a domino for the termination of Shane Yarran's contract and subsequent suicide, Michael Johnson's five week trial by media and then celebrated every failure Harley Bennell suffered along the way.

I must reiterate how I am devastated for Willie Rioli given the significant and unique challenges of indigenous Australians, however the supportive media both he and Liam Ryan have received in the wake of their indiscretions is HOW IT SHOULD BE.

And yet these player's public sentiment is purely dictated by what jumper they wear, with the real life implications being substantial, all over a game of football. It's absolutely mental.
It’s more about the arrogance of West Coast and their supporters than it is about Rioli

Yeah but the subscription model comes with the explosive headlines that are so extravagant, that it stimulates the curiosity of the consumer.

I'm all for a ban of sharing West Australian links on here, its obscenely petty, but at least it's rejecting their business model which actively is harmful to our club.

Well said. Heartbreaking what happened to Yarran and Farmer. And Bennell would be the next in line given half a chance. On the other hand every excuse made for Ryan and Rioli.

We need to start treating the West like Liverpool supporters treat a certain newspaper.

Obviously nowhere near as bad as what instigated that, but it's getting ridiculous now.

I already do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the west editor taking calls?
He was very defensive and claimed The West were not at all biased - bullshitted and said he was a Fremantle boy and his family bled purple.

He said the Rioli story was MUCH bigger than the Brownlow because it was about more than just sport - they can’t be compared to The Herald Sun because The Sun is all about AFL and they are more upmarket like The Age (pfft)

claimed they used a reputable company to conduct the survey
Imho Jo McManus was very very weak in her questioning and the editor knew they had made a huge mistake, but was arrogantly dismissing it.

they then took callers (he had hung up) - you can pick a WCE supporter as soon as those old biddies open their mouths, and you know only shit will come out of it

It’s the fish bowl effect that Freo gets yet West Coast don’t. It’s sad how Rioli did get tested positive. But the fact that the media still pushes the Free Willie agenda, when in fact it’s the complete opposite. Saying ASADA should have more leniency.
Plus with Liam Ryan making an accidental mistake the morning of pre season training.. it’s all typical bias.
Michael Johnson had to have a press conference for his misdemeanour.

Bennell got hounded for ‘supposed’ drug issues, partying. Yet he was always training and kept himself mentally stable. Just unfortunate he just didn’t get over his injuries.
It’s a crime being a Freo player; a honour being a West Coast player, clearly the media circus portrays that

It’s the fish bowl effect that Freo gets yet West Coast don’t. It’s sad how Rioli did get tested positive. But the fact that the media still pushes the Free Willie agenda, when in fact it’s the complete opposite. Saying ASADA should have more leniency.
Plus with Liam Ryan making an accidental mistake the morning of pre season training.. it’s all typical bias.
Michael Johnson had to have a press conference for his misdemeanour.

Bennell got hounded for ‘supposed’ drug issues, partying. Yet he was always training and kept himself mentally stable. Just unfortunate he just didn’t get over his injuries.
It’s a crime being a Freo player; a honour being a West Coast player, clearly the media circus portrays that
And the stuff they did to Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back