Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His reasoning was that The West is not an AFL centric paper like the Herald Sun. Rewind 2 weeks and the front page is a closeup of Nic Nat’s ankle spanning the entire page. Seriously, fu** this guy.
So putting a story about an AFL player facing a suspension after a drug test next to the Brownlow prevents the paper from becoming AFL centric? Yeah nah

hope they sack the editor who ran that story about Willie today instead of Fyfe...

So good to see independant ASADA ignored all the crap that has been said and written by the west and then dropped their bombshell today, which totally made the west look like flogs!

It is hard to imagine they think that printing the results of their poll of 600 subscribers will influence an independent body like ASADA or WADA into agreeing to an overly lenient penalty.

Very well put, and I hope this saga is the straw that breaks the camels back for all Fremantle fans to cease any subscriptions to their print or online content.

This, but also the fact that attention has been drawn to their biased nature with a hope that it may be the beginning of change from that shitty publication.

We’ve pissed & moaned long enough on here, but it was great to see mum & dad supporters get stuck into them along with the odd WC fan supporting the bias claim.

Surely the powers at Seven West media can see with the amount of vitriol towards the paper that there is a problem & an instruct the tossers to change their ways.

I won’t hold my breath, but it’s been a good 24 hours to be a Freo member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The editor was infuriating.
He was very defensive and claimed The West were not at all biased - bulls**tted and said he was a Fremantle boy and his family bled purple.

He said the Rioli story was MUCH bigger than the Brownlow because it was about more than just sport - they can’t be compared to The Herald Sun because The Sun is all about AFL and they are more upmarket like The Age (pfft)

claimed they used a reputable company to conduct the survey
Imho Jo McManus was very very weak in her questioning and the editor knew they had made a huge mistake, but was arrogantly dismissing it.

they then took callers (he had hung up) - you can pick a WCE supporter as soon as those old biddies open their mouths, and you know only s**t will come out of it

can we talk about what a ****ing prick the editor is for a second???

He seemed so happy that he had been invited to radio, like he went "oh how exciting look at this exposure i'm becoming a household name" and completely overlooked the whole reason he was put on there was to answer questions about how putrid his paper is and how moronic of a person he is

I just can't believe the editor got on the radio and felt he needed to justify his position and belligerently consolidated his position by arguing with the the host who was offering an alternative opinion.

He just abandoned the fundamentals of journalism by refusing to consider a different perspective.

What was the harm in him accepting the feedback and giving a token response of 'We'll do better next time'? (despite us all knowing it was done out of purely nefarious objectives), but instead we heard this bizarre ego play from a bloke that looks like an Easter Island Moai head.

I just can't believe the editor got on the radio and felt he needed to justify his position and belligerently consolidated his position by arguing with the the host who was offering an alternative opinion.

He just abandoned the fundamentals of journalism by refusing to consider a different perspective.

What was the harm in him accepting the feedback and giving a token response of 'We'll do better next time'? (despite us all knowing it was done out of purely nefarious objectives), but instead we heard this bizarre ego play from a bloke that looks like an Easter Island Moai head.
Because in today's world we can't take responsibility for our own actions and have to try and find every loophole around it that we can.

This is why more and more people get their news from independent sources.

The West Cover with Rioli was fake news. Agenda driven nonsense that does no favours for Rioli. I suppose as an principal club sponsor of West Coast they have to produce nonsensical fluff pieces.

Listening to that interview the chief editor is as slippery as a politician dodging answers from simple questions. "let me make this perfectly clear..." - typical politician/bureaucrat tactic.

The fact that the Melbourne Press and The Australian payed due respect to Fyfe over the West speaks of the absolute state The West Australian finds itself in as a paying sponsor of West Coast but somehow trying to present balanced reporting of both WA based AFL clubs.

If it was a Fremantle player who was in Rioli's shoes and a West Coast player who won the Brownlow would've the same front page layout occured?

...and finally - I don't think Rioli's story is the biggest story in Western Australia currently going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back