Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Despite their individual contributions, Fremantle has not made finals in the past four years. This isn’t acceptable to the board, players and most importantly our supporters,” Alcock said.

Finals are the yardstick.
No. That was the expectation under Ross, who had the rebuild team for four years (remember a premiership in 5 years thing). Longmuir will be given a little bit of time. It is only fair, in the circumstances.

No. That was the expectation under Ross, who had the rebuild team for four years (remember a premiership in 5 years thing). Longmuir will be given a little bit of time. It is only fair, in the circumstances.
Contending within 5 years, not premiership, the board either caved to fans or thought we couldn’t contend first year in finals and didn’t believe in extenuating circumstances like injuries so why should they care when we don’t look capable in 2 years under JL with a better list? Same yardstick or was he hired for a different job

Finals were the yardstick in 2019, why shouldn't they be the yardstick in 2020? If they are unrealistic for 2020, why were they realistic for 2019?

I know Longmuir will be given time, but if the (in my opinion) unreasonable expectation (due to injuries) was finals in 2019, why are we prepared to accept less for 2020?

My expectation is finals. If that is derailed because of injuries, it wont affect my support for Longmuir as coach - I think he has the personal tools to succeed. It will make me more focussed on agitating for change at Board and Bell level. It will also mean another season (at least) without finals, something that isn’t acceptable to the board, players and most importantly our supporters.

We should be all agitating for more change if we are racked by injuries. Starting with Alcock and Bell.

Contending within 5 years, not premiership, the board either caved to fans or thought we couldn’t contend first year in finals and didn’t believe in extenuating circumstances like injuries so why should they care when we don’t look capable in 2 years under JL with a better list? Same yardstick or was he hired for a different job
They didn't want to extend Ross, for lots of reasons and if people bothered to read or listen to the subtle hints that were given by Alcock as to the reason why, they would know that. Alcock had already said that even if we got into the finals last year, Ross would have still been sacked. All you had to do is look at the way we were playing, for one. It was embarrassing. He had alienated half of the playing group. Even Fyfe admitted that. His boorish behaviour with staff, media, inappropriate behaviour etc etc etc. He wasn't a victim. Just because the club hasn't publicly vilified him, out of respect, it doesn't mean there weren't good and numerous reason for him being moved on.
Ross said premiership in 5 years, no excuses, he has been given all the resources he needs iirc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals were the yardstick in 2019, why shouldn't they be the yardstick in 2020? If they are unrealistic for 2020, why were they realistic for 2019?

I know Longmuir will be given time, but if the (in my opinion) unreasonable expectation (due to injuries) was finals in 2019, why are we prepared to accept less for 2020?

My expectation is finals. If that is derailed because of injuries, it wont affect my support for Longmuir as coach - I think he has the personal tools to succeed. It will make me more focussed on agitating for change at Board and Bell level. It will also mean another season (at least) without finals, something that isn’t acceptable to the board, players and most importantly our supporters.

We should be all agitating for more change if we are racked by injuries. Starting with Alcock and Bell.
Are you serious?

Are you serious?
Yes. Are you? Any particular part you disagree with?

Do you think our injury issues (that extend back for more than a decade) have been adequately addressed by Alcock and Bell? If not, agitating for change works, or at least worked for the coaching change.

Well that truce lasted well :)
I haven't mentioned Valdemoort.

“Despite their individual contributions, Fremantle has not made finals in the past four years. This isn’t acceptable to the board, players and most importantly our supporters,” Alcock said.

Finals are the yardstick.

So like I thought. No definitive statement about finals this year. Guess we won't need the sticky afterall ;)

Don't get me wrong I'm not giving JLo a free pass but it's completely reasonable to expect more from a coach four years into a rebuild than a coach trying to stamp his playing style etc onto a playing group after one preseason.

So like I thought. No definitive statement about finals this year. Guess we won't need the sticky afterall ;)

Don't get me wrong I'm not giving JLo a free pass but it's completely reasonable to expect more from a coach four years into a rebuild than a coach trying to stamp his playing style etc onto a playing group after one preseason.

What about a coach taking over a team coming out of a 4 year rebuild, should their expectations be finals?
I know we have a very young list.

What about a coach taking over a team coming out of a 4 year rebuild, should their expectations be finals?
I know we have a very young list.
Is that question based on the assumption that the rebuild is finished?

I'd argue the rebuild isn't over, I mean we did just draft 3 kids in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back