Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Stewart's the best rebounder in the comp, Clark would've learned a thing or two from him. he was decent the few times they played together and (I think?) one week when Tom was out injured.

If they want to play him off HB, fine by me until we see if he's good enough/ready to push to the wing.
Tom Stewart is a freak. Like a cross between Luke Ryan and Hayden Young. If Clark has learnt from him then I’ve got no issue seeing him at half back although we are screaming out for an AFL ready winger.

Tom Stewart is a freak. Like a cross between Luke Ryan and Hayden Young. If Clark has learnt from him then I’ve got no issue seeing him at half back although we are screaming out for an AFL ready winger.
Aish, Frederick, Tucker and Henry. The wing spot is available for two of them. Tucker needs a big pre-season and Henry needs to continue to improve his endurance. Jordan pushes Aish out of the backline.

Jordan will have stints on the wing and I imagine Brayshaw at times as well.

Justin Longmuir on Sportsday 3AW interview by Sam McClure/James Bartel.

(starts at approx 4.00)

Sportsday Full Show - Sam McClure and Jimmy Bartel (October 15) - Whooshkaa

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=916872
Great interview.
Gives me a little warm fuzzy about what could be but I’m not falling for that old Freo trap .
He’s no Shakespeare but I bloody rate him . No frills Oz Digger who you’d want along side you when the going got tough .
Cmon Freo .
Its our time .!

Going to a look a bit weird when all our players place a marker at the point of the mark, walk back from the mark and kneel/lie down on the ground to line up their shot. But if the goal accuracy improves I'm all for it.

Even worse if our guys start giving way to players shooting from further out.

Big relief hearing it from Longmuir.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
OK I'm a bit cynical.

We have traded in 2 still young but ready to play guys who take spots on our list, and likely limit the opportunities of others. We had a crack at Neale, and that would've eaten a chunk of our good picks. I'm a little suspicious that the approach to twinkle toes may not have been entirely a coaching position. In the end we have 3 decent picks in a limited draft, which is prettymuch the minimum.

I think the reality is that all clubs need to be opportunistic and maximise any advantages they can get. That's what I see us doing better than we have in the past. And our player development has improved. If we can get the s&c to catchup then we become serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’ll click and we’ll rocket up the ladder either 2022 or 2023.
I agree. I’m surprisingly bullish. I think as soon as we sort out our conversion rate (in which we’re 17th in the comp, mind you) - goals per inside 50, we’ll see a marked improvement. That, coupled with natural progression, I reckon anything below 8th next year would be a massive failure. Personally, think a home final is more than possible.

Nice positive prognosis. Makes a change from the groupthink that we didn't have a good trade period (which is inexplicable to me).

Nice positive prognosis. Makes a change from the groupthink that we didn't have a good trade period (which is inexplicable to me).
Good read but he is a little out with the Motlop bid match only being an option if not bid in the top 40, which whilst hopeful is probably unlikely. Hopefully if that is the case pick 61 pushes forward 10 picks or so and we can select Angus Sheldrick.

OK I'm a bit cynical.

We have traded in 2 still young but ready to play guys who take spots on our list, and likely limit the opportunities of others. We had a crack at Neale, and that would've eaten a chunk of our good picks. I'm a little suspicious that the approach to twinkle toes may not have been entirely a coaching position. In the end we have 3 decent picks in a limited draft, which is prettymuch the minimum.

I think the reality is that all clubs need to be opportunistic and maximise any advantages they can get. That's what I see us doing better than we have in the past. And our player development has improved. If we can get the s&c to catchup then we become serious.
We can't constantly play 18 year olds and expect to make finals.

I’m not as bullish on Motlop. I think he’s a real chance to get past 40.

he’s not set the world on fire
For me it is about other available options. As a small forward I prefer Rachele and Butler. Butler looks to be in a similar pick range to Motlop, is taller, and looks more capable in the midfield. But a player such as Hough may be in play.

We can't constantly play 18 year olds and expect to make finals.
Playing every 18 year old is dumb.

Playing top quality 18 year olds should be the priority over borderline 26 year olds.

Say we get Erasmus, I want in the team ahead of Colyer.

If we get Amiss or Van Rooyen, then I wouldn't select them ahead of Taberner or Lobb because they are not borderline players.

While Walker and Clark are not 18 years olds they are young, I want them to be selected over a Hughes or Acres or a Wilson.

For me it is about other available options. As a small forward I prefer Rachele and Butler. Butler looks to be in a similar pick range to Motlop, is taller, and looks more capable in the midfield. But a player such as Hough may be in play.
Rachele is a first rounder and Butler a late first and early second rounder vs Motlop is a mid second round to early third round.

If Motlop slides to the thrid round, we can get him for basically for free and possibly trade for future picks.

In the end, Butler and Rachele are better at the moment but it cost good picks.

Playing every 18 year old is dumb.

Playing top quality 18 year olds should be the priority over borderline 26 year olds.

Say we get Erasmus, I want in the team ahead of Colyer.

If we get Amiss or Van Rooyen, then I wouldn't select them ahead of Taberner or Lobb because they are not borderline players.

While Walker and Clark are not 18 years olds they are young, I want them to be selected over a Hughes or Acres or a Wilson.
It's a bit of a juggling act, but I think making a place in the 22 something that needs to be earnt is what needs to happen next year year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back