Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add. Barrett has just written his 'Opinion' piece.
He bangs on about Hodgey.
He writes about Brisbane, Pies, Carlton, Saints, Melbourne, Essendon, Kangas, Port, Adelaide.
Touches on a few other clubs.

Fremantle?? Perhaps the win of the season against GWS who many see as a GF contender?? ZIP.

Fairly standard treatment.
He didn’t mention it because freo just made him look like the Ill informed ****en tool that he is,it happens ad nauseum with this cockroach .

Makes big definitive calls every week, to grab attention ,only to have those same “calls” turned on their head the very next week
Time and time again.

But NEVER goes back on his word.

The absolute lowest of a very low barrel when it comes to the afl journalists

I’m disappointed in myself at how irate I am at Damien Barrett. His column in Margin Call was the most upside down and likely deliberately incorrect take on the Derby last week, that after our upset and Port beating WCE, I was so excited to see him claw back those comments.

However, instead of having the integrity or decency to give Hogan credit, or imply that he might of been wrong, he chose another option.

He chose not to do his job. Just didn’t do it. Every other game was covered. He just preferred not to do his job.

His ‘Hodgey’ column is absolutely insane.

He also uses his opinion on Melbourne to include another sly dig at Hogan, implying Melbourne were desperate to move him on. A far cry from his hysterical wailings on trade radio about us turning down a once in a lifetime opportunity. It stunk at the time that he was an attack dog for the Demons and everything that’s transpired since has supported that.

The bloke is an absolute rodent, rancid in his intentions and now, firmly the most harmful journalist in the game. He damages the brand.

I totally agree with "damages the brand". I actually find it bizarre that the AFL want to promote such negativity and toxicity? This guy is the front and centre of AFL journalism and all he does is trash talk teams, players and coaches, insinuate innuendo and spread gossip.

I mean... I expect this shit from The West Australian but why does the AFL actively keep him and continue having weekly columns for him.

I totally agree with "damages the brand". I actually find it bizarre that the AFL want to promote such negativity and toxicity? This guy is the front and centre of AFL journalism and all he does is trash talk teams, players and coaches, insinuate innuendo and spread gossip.

I mean... I expect this shit from The West Australian but why does the AFL actively keep him and continue having weekly columns for him.

Because we all clicked on his article to read it which generates revenue for the AFL, they'd much rather people either hated or loved him than being indifferent to him.

Not often I agreed with Sammy Newman on the footy show but years ago he called Hutch and Barrett, "Beavis and Butthead"! I was never sure which was which

Not ‘media’ related per se, but commentating on the weekend. Honestly, the continuing ramble over Tabs’ miss was ridiculous. Brown is a bit of a bogan sorta bloke, but man he was over the top. Nickpicking a fair bit. There’s some great commentators but some poor ones. A lot of ex players get first preferences, and the skilled media people like Anthony Hudson, Bruce Macaveney, Dermott Bereton are few. Missing some pure callers these days

360 is media driven crap but dont mind OTC at all.
Gerard Healy has always been fair to Freo and Roos is one of the best footy brains in the business. The other two just butt heads.
Some decent love for Sonny tonight. And some roasting of Tabs but understand he had a ripper game otherwise too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made the mistake of watching footy classifieds thinking our win was so big and such an upset surely we would be talked about.... nothing about freo at all. One mention of Alex Pearce which was positive but nothing else. Approx 3 seconds worth if you count the pearce comment. Bloody frustrating! I watched for the first time in a year and it will be my last unless we make the finals.

I watched Footy WA last night and we got plenty of positive coverage with Scott Watters
They even had a light hearted shot at the number of WC supporters standing at train station at 3 Q time
Its channel 9 run so doesn't have the biased agenda that 7 runs

Footy classified, Talking Footy, VFL 360, Channel 7 West Coast, couldn't give a toss about Freo

360 is media driven crap but dont mind OTC at all.
Gerard Healy has always been fair to Freo and Roos is one of the best footy brains in the business. The other two just butt heads.
Some decent love for Sonny tonight. And some roasting of Tabs but understand he had a ripper game otherwise too.

Brown is one of the few media "experts" who watches every game. Roos/Healy clearly do not, but nonethless the show is pretty good for what it is.

Made the mistake of watching footy classifieds thinking our win was so big and such an upset surely we would be talked about.... nothing about freo at all. One mention of Alex Pearce which was positive but nothing else. Approx 3 seconds worth if you count the pearce comment. Bloody frustrating! I watched for the first time in a year and it will be my last unless we make the finals.

look to be fair when we were up and about we got alot of coverage from 360 and FC. We are a middle of the road team so we don't get alot of media. Thats fine. Just like how the bulldogs barely got a mention.

Brown is one of the few media "experts" who watches every game. Roos/Healy clearly do not, but nonethless the show is pretty good for what it is.

Brown is alright, he’s vouched for Pearce and talked up his AA credentials. To get an AA guernsey now you need media personalities on your side, because stupidly that is how it works.

Brown is alright, he’s vouched for Pearce and talked up his AA credentials. To get an AA guernsey now you need media personalities on your side, because stupidly that is how it works.

He also talked up Liam Jones AA credentials so take it with a grain of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back