Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the one or two posters on here 100% agree with what the Club has done, its no surprise that the Club treats us this way.
The club has issued two explanations within 24 hours. They know they ****ed up, unfortunately they just can’t admit it. Nicks came close, but couldn’t bring himself to go the whole way.

Our press conferences have a touch of the Three Stooges about them

The rowboat springs a leak and starts taking on water... so we solve the problem by punching another hole in the boat to let the water out
It’s ok because the plan was for the second hole to be higher than the first.
It’s all going to plan.
It’s just not good optically.

Our fans more than most seem to revel in this sort of thing. It's like people enjoy it more when we f*ck up/lose than when we succeed/win, and we propel our own negativity. Ties in with what media organisations know about our fans' social media engagement, and what type of content triggers reactions.

If Lynch is selected v GWS then he is deemed fit because they won't get away with him being injury sub this week
I've wondered for 2 days whether it was the fact it was Lynch as the sub that's the problem, or that it took us 15 to get him on ??

I'd say the former. If it were Chayce Jones and he didn't come on for 15 minutes I don't think we'd have this issue.

Our fans more than most seem to revel in this sort of thing. It's like people enjoy it more when we f*ck up/lose than when we succeed/win, and we propel our own negativity. Ties in with what media organisations know about our fans' social media engagement, and what type of content triggers reactions.
A bigger load of shit I have not read.
You only have to go on Facebook (a far bigger sample size that here) to see that majority are “happy clappers and the club has never done anything wrong brigage”
Sure we have some constantly negative people on here and I’ll place myself on the negative side of center, but I can guarantee you the majority of people enjoy life far more when we are going well.
That after all is the reason to follow a team in any sport - for enjoyment.

A bigger load of sh*t I have not read.
You only have to go on Facebook (a far bigger sample size that here) to see that majority are “happy clappers and the club has never done anything wrong brigage”
Sure we have some constantly negative people on here and I’ll place myself on the negative side of center, but I can guarantee you the majority of people enjoy life far more when we are going well.
That after all is the reason to follow a team in any sport - for enjoyment.

I appreciate the response - I don't have Facebook. Maybe it's just this board!

We've picked the right club!

Thats garbage mate. The club is lucky they have supporters that accept their shit unconditionally and allow them to continue to keep their jobs while mismanaging the place. No other clubs supporters are as accepting as ours. That is the crux of the problem.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've wondered for 2 days whether it was the fact it was Lynch as the sub that's the problem, or that it took us 15 to get him on ??

I'd say the former. If it were Chayce Jones and he didn't come on for 15 minutes I don't think we'd have this issue.

if it were Chance, we’d have delisted him and left him in Tassie

You're like the Alan Jones of the board

gee I hope you don’t work at an all-boy’s school

To be fair, we've made an art form out of ****ing up in recent years. There's a certain element of dark comedy in following this club.

I had thought the same thing but I think it's a bit of both. Not being ready to go was unusual. Most games you see the sub running around the boundary warming up during the game. I think it was the time it took that caused the extra scrutiny and it being a close game.

Adam Kelly's weak attempt at explaining made the whole thing worse straight after the game. Roo had another go at explaining it this morning. The media comms on this has been appalling.

I had thought the same thing but I think it's a bit of both. Not being ready to go was unusual. Most games you see the sub running around the boundary warming up during the game. I think it was the time it took that caused the extra scrutiny and it being a close game.

Adam Kelly's weak attempt at explaining made the whole thing worse straight after the game. Roo had another go at explaining it this morning. The media comms on this has been appalling.
What did Roo say ?

H2KZVJrVVjt0Sy-A8fO1p5jcFCIDPC3EPxmHh4IEYT8.jpg

What would have happened if someone had rolled an ankle or jagged a calf during the pre-game warm up?

Considering the sub also doubles as the travelling emergency, surely that's as good a reason as any as to why you don't have an injured player in that role.
So if you have to use your sub as an emergency, you play without a sub, is that how it works?

Does anybody know the answer to this? Serious question...

It almost feels familiar. I wonder where we have managed to completely screw up and then get the messaging wrong in the past??
The good news is that story went away quickly, so we should be fine now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back