The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you expect he is playing 3 and a half games as a mini preseason before taking off to New York. There is absolutely no investment in the team for him.
Villa is my favourite footballer on the planet but this hits the nail on the head.

While he is a superb player, he's never really going to care too much about Melbourne when he knows he's jetting off in a couple of weeks.

Villa is my favourite footballer on the planet but this hits the nail on the head.

While he is a superb player, he's never really going to care too much about Melbourne when he knows he's jetting off in a couple of weeks.
Disagree.

He seemed to care when we scored our second. Jumped into the celebration with much more than a meh celebration.

Disagree.

He seemed to care when we scored our second. Jumped into the celebration with much more than a meh celebration.
How many strikers have you seen that don't celebrate? Melbourne doesn't mean anything to him. Why would it? He's playing a couple of warm up games here before he starts with his New York side.

I've loved having him out here though.

Shallow comment.

It's not shallow.

He won't care about the club the same way Duff does for instance.

It's not a crack at him or MC.
Speaking to one of the support staff, last night may have been a rare time he's been part of a 5-2 loss. Genuinely stunned, and probably stuffed last pm. His preparation has been far from ideal.
Whether he plays for Melbourne City, Manchester City, NY City, or Barcelona, being a professional, he would want to leave his mark each game he plays. His celebration at one our goals last pm was emphatic.
Let's just consider the alternative option to your assertion- he had a v. poor second half by his standards, but at least he is human.

Speaking to one of the support staff, last night may have been a rare time he's been part of a 5-2 loss. Genuinely stunned, and probably stuffed last pm. His preparation has been far from ideal.
Whether he plays for Melbourne City, Manchester City, NY City, or Barcelona, being a professional, he would want to leave his mark each game he plays. His celebration at one our goals last pm was emphatic.
Let's just consider the alternative option to your assertion- he had a v. poor second half by his standards, but at least he is human.

Villa's a professional and he wants to score and win like any other player, but I don't think he'd be as invested as a guy who's there all season who ultimately lives and dies by how that season goes. That's more the reality of being human, naturally you're not as invested if you're not actually involved in the outcome of an event.

Who is our second choice keeper and has anyone seen him play? Is he any good?
Played the last game last season, Harry's farewell. Velaphi?? Potential, but not as good as Redmayne yet, and although he's no Clint Bolton, Redmayne is as good if not better than Coe from Victory. There was a hell of a lot of attacking going on last pm.

“If he’s missing his family you’d think they would fly them out,” Aloisi said. “If it was about promoting the MLS, you would have thought they would have revealed that beforehand. It’s very much up in the air if he returns, but I think there’s something else. I don’t know if he’s happy.”

Ned Zelic agreed, claiming: “Something is happening behind the scenes. Is he unhappy? What’s the situation. There must be something there”.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...ydney-fc-impress/story-e6frf4gl-1227102879928

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game on Saturday night. Villa just didn't bother after halftime.

I was watching him most of the time and when Victory scored from kickoff, he just had both hands to his face wondering "what the eff?!".

He would work if he was likely to get the ball, but didn't do much tracking back or harassing the player with the ball.

Walked straight down the tunnell when the whistle sounded.

not sure what the fuss with Villa is, he was fairly good in the first half when he was on the wing. when he was moved upfront he got less of the ball and your midfield/defence didn't have anyone to play to. needed to stay on the wing imo, further proof that JVS has no idea what he is doing

Villa's a professional and he wants to score and win like any other player, but I don't think he'd be as invested as a guy who's there all season who ultimately lives and dies by how that season goes. That's more the reality of being human, naturally you're not as invested if you're not actually involved in the outcome of an event.

Agree totally however I think some are being a tad harsh on him, he's here for short stint and done everything asked of him. (Bar play the full 10 matches ;) )Probably would have been good of him to hang around but considering that performance by the team....

Anyhoo, another week of wasted chances, that would easily the worst execution of passing I've seen live, some real dumb footy.

The match aside, another good attendance of over 13,000. The only downside was there seemed to be some kind of fight over near the opposition fans. Nothing too serious I hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back