The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit each way on it.

When the style is up and running it is great, but when everything isn't going so well it is very hard to pinch results playing in that way.

But the problem is that the Heart have identified themselves in such a way that getting a results oriented coach in is tantamount to selling out on their identity.

Tough position for the board finding the right replacement.

Disappointed, but it was definitely expected so at least it isn't a shock. Not too fussed about who we replace him with yet, let's just focus on this season first with very important games to come.

Wow, dissapointing game last night but how good was Goodwin? Looks like we found a player.

And Wayne Shroj should never put on a Heart shirt again.

merry-christmas-baby-16357-1234971550-10.jpg

Wayne Shroj

Wayne.jpg

A sloth

Technically gifted player but so amazingly lazy. Glad Heart took him off our hands.

I don't know if he's lazy, it's more that he seemingly has no awareness on the ball. Like he's playing in slow motion.

Worm and Shroj are very fustrating. Rutger just doesn't have that X factor, got r*ped by Fabio last night and did not look one bit threatening. Should be dropped with Duganzic/Behich back. Shroj can play killer passes at times but as Thewlis Dish said.. his awareness is terrible. Also gives away silly fouls and makes silly challenges. He'd actually what Victory need though, Victory would look so much better with him beside Brebner/Broxham. Shroj fits our style that we play... but with Fred/Thommo/Germano is our best combo in the middle of the park, just make sure Germano is our midfield destroyer as going forward he is woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it just me that thought Shroj was very good last night other than one or two little mistakes?

Protected the back four and then when Goodwin went on a run he slipped back to cover very well.

He is a great guy to have in reserve, we all know Fred, Thompson and Germano are first selected but Sarkies and Shroj are fantastic cover.

Also, with Behich, Dugandzic, Goodwin, Zahra, Marrone we have some of the best young wing talent going around. Pace and skill in abundance there.

Worm and Shroj are very fustrating. Rutger just doesn't have that X factor, got r*ped by Fabio last night and did not look one bit threatening. Should be dropped with Duganzic/Behich back. Shroj can play killer passes at times but as Thewlis Dish said.. his awareness is terrible. Also gives away silly fouls and makes silly challenges. He'd actually what Victory need though, Victory would look so much better with him beside Brebner/Broxham. Shroj fits our style that we play... but with Fred/Thommo/Germano is our best combo in the middle of the park, just make sure Germano is our midfield destroyer as going forward he is woeful.

Worm's another Pellegrino. Does something near wonderful every couple of months then lives of that through the next 7 mediocre efforts.

Michael Marrone re-signed during the week for a further two seasons. He attracted interest from several other A-League clubs (including his former club Adelaide, his hometown), but he decided to stay.

Very good signing for Heart, he's only missed one game or something since the club's inception, and he's been one of our best and most consistent performers in the club's two seasons (if not THE most consistent).

:)

Not sure where soccer in Melbourne would be if Heart hadn't turned up. Melbourne needs its winners, and not draws. If we maintain our current standard, we could clinch yet ACL spot!

Its not going to happen, nor do I want I to.

He couldnt even set up a team to beat us this season. We outplayed them in all 3 fixtures. Most teams have worked out how to play against the Roar and most will know from his NSL days Ange is a 1 trick pony. Currently it's the personnel at Brisbane that are winning them games.

We need a manager that will take us to the next level in the A-League, not the Roar's level.

Anyway that being said - huge game today, all should get down. This will probably be JvS's last game at AAMI, although there is still a small window to take a home final.

Rutger Worm ‏ @rutgerworm
I'm leaving Melb Heart.I want to thank everyone. the coaches,players and especially the supporters.You have done much for me.I appreciate it

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back