FBDonkey

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Post your score, overall ranking, thoughts on SC from the weekend and what you will be thinking about going into round 9 (the return of GOD's son round).

This season just seems to keep getting crazier. Injuries, low scores, rookies getting 30s...

I somehow managed to scrape together 2124 points this week. Things were looking ugly going into the last 2 games but i managed to find some good scorers at the end.
I moved up 5 places to 22nd ranking overall. I have been waiting for the big slide down, and i really thought that this week might have been it. I was sitting at 1200/14 and staring down the barrell.
My trade from last week didnt pay off too well Hentschell to JBrown. I managed to avoid a 0, but Browny's 56 was pretty disappointing in a good win in Brisbane.

I had Suban, Walker and MBrown score 100 between them. JBrown, Kraks and Hurn score well below avg, and Chappy, Higgins and Hodge sitting on the bench. :(

But overall im pretty happy. Thanks heaps to the great efforts of Goddard, Gilbee, Judd, Cox, Selwood and Goodwin.
Special mention goes out to HMac who has performed well above expectations. I thought he would be good and avg 80 odd but he has been pulling out 100 every week which has been great. :D

Big decisions to be made this week. I can either sit on my team which has improvement coming from the bench or trade aggressively. It really comes down to whether or not i keep Hodgey.

Score 2029 with 2 donuts,

Overall 1,922

Got pretty good value from most of my players this week, some of the rookies are getting close to being traded, just gotta wear the short term injuries as best I can.

If I had Hodgy I think I would hold him now. Hawthorn will improve as more players come back into the side and a fit Hodge will be a key player. I am looking to bring him in at some stage though I will wait until he reaches the bottom of the trough.

Definitely a low scoring round in general ... I posted a pretty similar score (2131) with 2 donuts and moved up 400 places to around 800.

Slowly getting over really poor initial team selection (Cousins, Raines, Adcock, Houli) which hard me starting at 10,000 after the first rounds and really shows my noob status at this ...

Still plagued with Suban/Hill so Grimes is going to be a big consideration this week ... possibly Suban/Hill for Newman/Grimes

Score 2189

Pretty happy with that, Krak's time might of come :p, no way known he will get his b/e which by my educated guess is around 160. Overall rank has gone up to 1070. C'mon let me into the exclusive <1000 club sc gods! :D

Scored 2204 this week.
Overall rank increase for the 8th straight time to be 246th. Each week I keep thinking I've peaked, but I'm sure of it this round with Ablett coming back. Been fairly consistent the last 5 weeks scoring 2204, 2210, 2246, 2214, 2238.

Trading Hill and Houlihan for Newman and Grimes which should hopefully settle my backline for awhile with Goddard, Drummond, Fisher, Chornes, Gilbee, Newman, Grimes (Broughton, Cheney). This trade will also leave me with 145K in the bank which will help me get Ablett back in.

Scored 2150 this week and jumped into the top 1000. Went from 1609 to 989. :D:thumbsu:

All this while playing spuds like Hill, Petrenko and M.Brown on the ground. Hill and Petrenko definitely wont be on the ground next week. In Newman and Grimes, out Hill and Houladrunk. :)

1954 dropped to rank 3,504 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: I realised I have too many holes in my team...ROFL

B: Goodard, Fisher, Cornes, Gilbee, Bowden, Mattner + Broughton (Dawson, Greenwood)
M: Ablett, Bartel, Judd, Goodes, Power, + Otten (Ziebell, Beams)
F: Duddy, Goodwin, Fevola, Higgins + Krakouer, Sidebottom, M.Brown (Walker, Macaffer)

Underlined - concerned keepers
Bolded - Will have to be traded out

Trades: 11 with M.Brown to either Deledio, ROK, SJ (FFS short $3K to Pavlich) - from my calculations will need 7 trades for those 5 upgrades.

Ah I give up :mad:

Yeah got 1708 this week, 153545th overall.:eek:
That's with 4 '0' players though and a dud #2 ruckman J.White from sydney got only 19...:mad:.
I actually think I overdid my midfield at the start of the season but this week scored me 817 !:D and that's with my captain in the backline to cover hodge's injury.
So not too unhappy about this weeks score really, slowly rebuilding fwd and back line.
Cheers.

Round 10??? I thought he would come back this round which is round 9?

Anyways scored 2146 with 2 donuts and expecting 3 forwards to return to cover up those donuts. The return of Chapman, Higgins and Ziebell should get me back to the 2300+ scores I've been on in recent weeks. Overall I've jumped up to 21st which I was pretty surprised because I expected to fall about 25-50 positions. Just in front of you Donkey.:p

2176, moved up 4 spots to 8th overall. Lots of low scores from last weeks top 10, some BIG movers tho. First overall had a HUGE week. Shows that this game is never over. Now it all depends on the trade game...

Awesome stuff mate, I'll be following your progress the rest of the season.

I'm up seven spots into 68th after three rookies covering for injuries all scored under 40.

Last weeks score 2074

Current ranking 1835

Main issue TW: Chapman, Higgins, Ziebell out. Brown and Walker as emergencies. Fevola??? I know you have to take the good with the bad with him. Just need some good for a change.

Trades TW: OUT Suban/ Beams, IN: Broughton/ Davenport

610K to upgrade Rich, Hill, Ziebell, Adcock to premiums.

Scored 2202 with Hodge Ablett Higgins Ziebell on the bench

Rank 1,053 up 1,075 spots :)

Hopefully Ablett comes back this week which leaves me with 3 options for my 6th mid... Rich, Dangerfield, Robinson(if hes picked again) Will probably stick with Rich and hope hes back to some form after a few poor weeks. Also hope Ziebell + Higgins are back to replace Brown + Walker and if everything works out I might score over 2300 for the first time this season :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scored 2227. My highest score ever :p

While most of you had poor scoring rookies, I had Pears (111), Nahas (105) and Rich (100)... and Hill. But can't complain about that. Pav and Sewell were awesome, lots of players 130 - 150 this week for me. Let down by Fev though. Roo as captain hurt a little considering I had Sewell last week. Top 2000 score for me and moved into top 8000 hehe

Great week for me on the back of some good rookies - Robinson (covering Higgins), Cheney (covering Malceski), Nahas, Rich and most of my guns. 14x100+ helped balance out the Hill, Walker & Krak shockers. Scored a 2332.

Pleased that I also didn't trade so I can now offload some underperforming or peaked rookies and hold on to a few others til they properly max. My trading strategy of getting my rookies right first is paying off well.

Scored 2198 - 3,642nd overall. Pretty happy with that, given that I had Ablett, Hodge, Kerr and Higgins all miss. Had a horror first week (was ranked 75,000th or so) so I've been gradually moving up the rankings since.

Big thanks to my rookies in Nahas, Robinson, Dawson and Otten. Pavlich, Bartel and Judd my big scorers of the week.

My score was 1982 and I dropped from 1580 to 1818 in the rankings.

I had some extreme ups and downs in my scoring with each game seeming to throw pluses and minues at me.

I was forced to play M Brown, Suban and Walker on the ground and they averaged 30. Then J Brown, Fevola, KCornes and Krakouer turned in low scores. However, around all that was Drummond, Goddard, Judd (c), Selwood, Mackie, Newman, Cox & Pavlich scoring 100+.

My team will be stronger if Ziebell and Higgins come back next week. I am concerned about Kornes, Fev & Krak but can't fix all 3 and don't know yet if they will ultimately end up needing to be fixed.

With 14 trades and $221K in the bank all my thoughts are turned towards returning Ablett to my team. I have thought through many permutations of various trades however the simplest option I can think of is:

- This week cash grab either Suban - Broughton or Krak - Sidebottom
- Next week or week after depending on price: Rich to Ablett

Those 2 trades should see me head into round 11 with 12 trades left, with Ablett in my team and only 3 rookies still playing on the field.

I see some of the other posters rushing gun midfields together very quickly but hopefully my team can hold together for 3 weeks and then make a strong run home once my cash cows have maxed out properly.

Scored 2042 or something like that... dropped to 4th overall
Horrible round, lucky to stay top 5...

Plenty of top 10 had worse weeks than me tho which helped.
Except for the bloke who's now top who had a massive week!

Captain really hurt. Volt was the right decision though, it just didn’t pan out!
Good
pendles
selwood
pav
judd

Bad
warren
RAINES (NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH HIM) holding on so long for this crap!!
walker
brown
hill

Usually at least a couple of these rookies would get near their averages, nearly all got about half their average. That’s what killed me

NDS lucky I didn’t leave him captain again, but he will be back!
Traded in brown this week and he had his worst game of the year... typical

Chappy Higgins hodge out injured didn’t help

Petrenko needs to go... possibly grimes, unless raines gets dropped

Now need to consider Sidebottom/davenport...

Hopefully plenty of the top 10 have used more trades than me...5

As far as I can tell, the guy who is on top has traded out Ablett, Higgins, Skipworth and possibly Hodge. So he seems to be trading very aggressively which I can't help but see hurting him over the journey. Good luck.

I scored a measly 2062 which included a couple of donuts courtesy of Higgins and Ziebell missing. Decided not to trade and cover them, which I reckon I'll be thankful for later on.

I actually moved up two, count it - two, spots from 270 to 268. Couldn't believe it.

Really don't want to trade this week, but I can afford to bring Franklin in for Brown if I cash in Beams. I really don't know if he's peaked, though. All rookies tend to have at least one big scoring game over the season and he hasn't yet, so I might hold on to him and hope.

Seriously bad week for me. 1792 is my lowest score since mid 2007. Dropped 2,777 places overall to 6,167th and lost all three league games.

The team, in reverse order of failure:

B: Goddard (c), Waite, Fisher, Cornes, Raines, Hill, Petrenko (Malceski, Suban)
M: Gibbs, Judd (vc), Selwood, Rich, Coughlan, Griffen (Ablett, Tuck)
R: Cox, Gardiner (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Deledio, Rioli, J Brown, Krakouer, M Brown, Walker, Higgins (Ziebell, Skipworth)

8 players on the ground scoring under 40 (including Higgins), for a total of 230 points. Two playing emergencies also scoring sub-40’s.:eek:
My power midfield stayed strong, but everywhere else was a shambles.

I thought about trading Grimes and Broughton in for Malceski and Petrenko last week. Would have almost had a respectable score had I done so, and also been able to cut some more of the dead wood this week. Have been VERY careful with my trades so far- still have 17 left, which is the only hope I can take from this week. Will be have to be quite aggressive in the next few weeks, which is a shame. I also only have $80K in the bank, which may be limiting.

I’ll have to work on the backs first and hope that Ziebell, Higgins and/or Skippy can return this week and bring some respect back up front. Probably revenue-raising this week, risking another loss and drop in the rankings, then a double gun trade the following week.

Stupid damned game. :rolleyes:

what a horror week for me. 1953. ranking down from 385 to 635.

had some horrific spud of the week monkey muppet performances from the like of hill, tuck, m brown, walker, fev and krakouer.

chapman injured was beautiful too.

bar dal santo everyone else scored 84 or more.

ummm question to you guys out there. grimes in, for hill or dawson or houlihan??

and then do i save the money or use the trade to get rid of krakouer for pav? or use the money to upgrade tuck( that son of a B****).

My team is coming along nicely. Ranked 3,514 at round 4 and now 326. Have been improving every week (apart from this after selecting Dal over Judd as (c) and copping 30's from Walker and Warren) and have set myself up to break into the top 100 in the next few weeks. I have $190,500 left in the bank and this week will trade Houlihan and Adcock/Krackouer to Gilbee and Newman/Brown. If Hoops is named however I will go Adcock and Krackouer to Gilbee and Brown.

B: Goddard, Drummond, Cornes, Gilbert, Adcock, Houlihan, Grimes (Cheney, Rance)
M: Dal'Santo, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Power, Cooney (Beams, Barham)
R: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Pavlich, Chapman, Deledio, Franklin, Higgins, Lovett, Krackouer (Walker, Warren)

My midfield is set. My rucks are set. Adcock and Houlihan the only weak links in the backline. Krackouer and Lovett the only weak links in forwardline (but Lovett scored very nicely on the weekend and is potential keeper averaging 95 over the past four weeks. Krackouer was also dominating early and may be moved down back again now that Port almost lost to Richmond). Higgins and Chappy are likely to be back this week. I think I've set myself up well.

My team is coming along nicely. Ranked 3,514 at round 4 and now 326. Have been improving every week (apart from this after selecting Dal over Judd as (c) and copping 30's from Walker and Warren) and have set myself up to break into the top 100 in the next few weeks. I have $190,500 left in the bank and this week will trade Houlihan and Adcock/Krackouer to Gilbee and Newman/Brown. If Hoops is named however I will go Adcock and Krackouer to Gilbee and Brown.

F: Pavlich, Chapman, Deledio, Franklin, Higgins, Lovett, Krackouer (Walker, Warren)

My midfield is set. my rucks are set. Adcock and Houlihan the only weak links in the backline. Krackouer and Lovett the only weak links in forwardline (but Lovett scored very nicely on the weekend and is potential keeper averaging 95 over the past four weeks. Krackouer was also dominating early and may be moved down back again now that Port almost lost to Richmond). Higgins and Chappy are likely to be back this week. I think I've set myself up well.

My midfield is set. my rucks are set. Adcock and Houlihan the only weak links in the backline. Krackouer and Lovett the only weak links in forwardline (but Lovett scored very nicely on the weekend and is potential keeper averaging 95 over the past four weeks. Krackouer was also dominating early and may be moved down back again now that Port almost lost to Richmond). Higgins and Chappy are likely to be back this week. I think I've set myself up well.

Lovely side Blueboy, how many trades have you got left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back