The most average player ever

Remove this Banner Ad

There used to be a guy on the half back flank for North named John Smith.
Played plenty of games, but i can't recall him ever doing ANYTHING of interest.

Dime a dozen inside mid. Andrew Swallow-esque.
Andrew Swallow had 17 disposals and 10 clearances in a quarter against Adelaide in 2011, definitely not an average player, at least not pre-Achilles injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Swallow had 17 disposals and 10 clearances in a quarter against Adelaide in 2011, definitely not an average player, at least not pre-Achilles injury.
Adelaide won 7 games in 2011.

I have been giving this subject serious consideration and after much research I can finally reveal the winner of this topic.

He was a midfielder who had an underwhelming physical presence, had average pace, was an average mark, an average kick, an average handballer and an average tackler.

Despite playing his entire career as a midfielder, this man could only register more than 30 disposals in a match on 5.3% of occasions and had an underwhelming 20 or less disposals in 53% of his matches.

By every definition, this former footballer is the billboard for average footballers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you your winner

22002q.jpg

Has Jack Newnes being mentioned? I mean, does anyone even know what this guy looks like, he has played over 100 games but I wouldn’t know who he was if I fell over him. Come to think of it, there are quite a few ‘average’ players on St. Kilda’s list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Otherwise known by his nickname "Newnesy".

As i said earlier, Shane Obree owns this thread, wasn't big but wasn't small, wasn't good but wasn't bad, wasn't ugly but wasn't handsome, wasn't slow but wasn't fast, played in 2 GFs and lost them both iirc, his favourite beverige is weak cordial, his Mrs name is Jane.

Remove this Banner Ad

The most average player ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back