The most average player ever

Remove this Banner Ad

100215_SwallowLarge.jpg

Nah, was a genuine gun before his achilles injury. Couldn't kick over a tin can afterwards and was slow as mud, but was still a tackling machine and won a us a fair few games with insane clearance work.

What a pointless injury. Just snapped it while running, and it cut years off his career. Makes me mad just thinking about it.

Nah, was a genuine gun before his achilles injury. Couldn't kick over a tin can afterwards and was slow as mud, but was still a tackling machine and won a us a fair few games with insane clearance work.

What a pointless injury. Just snapped it while running, and it cut years off his career. Makes me mad just thinking about it.
Now he's got over a two hour commute to his new club.
That's further than Moggs to Melbourne, Danger. :D

Brad Miller

157 games across 11 seasons (14.4 per year)
8 Brownlow votes

11.2 disposals, 5.3 marks, 0.8 goals

Very average key forward. The only remarkable thing about him was his missus.
His missus should tell Robbo and Ash to take a hike. They are both knobs.

From my team
In no particular order. Will cap at 20 because too painul to list all if them.
Jim Plunkett
Patrick Wiggins
Mark Athorn
Alistair Ford
Garry Merrington
Ilija Grgic
Simon Cox
Mark Alvey
Ben Sexton
Brad Nicholson
Michael Talia
Jarryd Grant
Nathan Djerkurra
Patrick Veszpremi
Christian Howard
Tim Walsh
Bruce Reid
Jeff Berry
Mark Cullen
Brodie Moles

From my team
Jim Plunkett
Patrick Wiggins
Mark Athorn
Alistair Ford
Garry Merrington
Ilija Grgic
Simon Cox
Mark Alvey
Ben Sexton
Brad Nicholson
Michael Talia
Jarryd Grant
Nathan Djerkurra
Patrick Veszpremi
Christian Howard
Tim Walsh
Bruce Reid
Jeff Berry
Mark Cullen
Brodie Moles
Agree with you Scray expect for Garry Merrington. I never saw him play but have a friend who did and said he was a fairly decent player. One of the worst players I saw for the dogs was a player called Mark Komp. It has got me stuffed how he got a game. His kicking was a disgrace.

Agree with you Scray expect for Garry Merrington. I never saw him play but have a friend who did and said he was a fairly decent player. One of the worst players I saw for the dogs was a player called Mark Komp. It has got me stuffed how he got a game. His kicking was a disgrace.
Awful surname 'komp'.

Do you reckon his nickname was Kompo? Or Kompensation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey Jones - 157 games for 216 goals.
Aaron Edwards - Good mark, but a largely average forward.
Daniel Harris - Actually a handy player for a long while.
Leigh Adams - Was also a decent player, let down by injuries and concussions.
Lachie Hansen - Never lived up to his draft position, but had a good couple years 2013-14.
Scott McMahon - 120 games, mostly as a defender averaging 14.5 disposals a match, handy player, but nothing special.

From my team
Jim Plunkett
Patrick Wiggins
Mark Athorn
Alistair Ford
Garry Merrington
Ilija Grgic
Simon Cox
Mark Alvey
Ben Sexton
Brad Nicholson
Michael Talia
Jarryd Grant
Nathan Djerkurra
Patrick Veszpremi
Christian Howard
Tim Walsh
Bruce Reid
Jeff Berry
Mark Cullen
Brodie Moles

A lot of these were just plain not up to it.

We’re after genuine average here.

Corey Jones - 157 games for 216 goals.
Aaron Edwards - Good mark, but a largely average forward.
Daniel Harris - Actually a handy player for a long while.
Leigh Adams - Was also a decent player, let down by injuries and concussions.
Lachie Hansen - Never lived up to his draft position, but had a good couple years 2013-14.
Scott McMahon - 120 games, mostly as a defender averaging 14.5 disposals a match, handy player, but nothing special.
I was going to say Scott McMahon as well. Funny guy and a good clubman but is perfect for this thread.

I'd also put forward Shannon Watt. 155 games and apparently didn't poll a single Brownlow vote in his career. Also, according to Wikipedia, Watt was one of the last individuals to have played every minute of every game for an entire season on the ground (no interchange time) in 2003, a feat practically unheard of in the modern era. That is the most average accolade of all time.

Tom Sheridan.

His the kind of player that annoys every fan. Good enough to always be in the best 22-25 (thus always managing to get a contract extension and at least 10 games a year), but just an average player with not a single standout quality and therefore never going to really improve.

Henry Slattery. Everything about him was average.

Pick 46 in the draft, 96 games over 8 years. Wore the number 20 and averaged 10 disposals (5 kicks, 5 handballs) and 3 marks a game.

medium.jpg

Hank was gonna be my pick too. 2 time winner of The Ben Kinnear Stringless Guitar Award for extreme vanillaness.

Remove this Banner Ad

The most average player ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back