The most disgraceful umpiring I have ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it 7 or 8 free kicks inside forward 50m for West Coast, 4 goals directly from frees and 2 50m penalties for goals.

I defy any side to win when up against that, when you get 1 free up the other end.

The same stuff happened at both ends, it was paid at one, and only one end.

6 goals to 1. There is the difference.

there was a lot of poor decisions from the umps today both ways, i've got to admit though a lot of the ones in front of goal for the wce were there. Some of the the roos players really showed a lack of discipline today the free fritto gave away was one of the worst examples

Was it 7 or 8 free kicks inside forward 50m for West Coast, 4 goals directly from frees and 2 50m penalties for goals.

I defy any side to win when up against that, when you get 1 free up the other end.

Disregarding the fact you were undisciplined and gave away not only a free kick but a 50m penalty, both initial free kicks were almost certain goals regardless

This is where quoting stats is a load of rubbish

If a free kick is there, pay it. If that means one team gets 396587 kicks to 5, that's OK.

No love for Simmo's deliberate out of bounds when quickly kicking out of the pack?
Pretty sure it was Rawlings. Got the ball in a pack, threw it onto his boot as 2 tackles were applied, it floats to the boundary line 30 metres away ; and it's deliberate ??????

Equally bizarre was the free paid against Swallow for in the back : when he was lying on the ground with an Eagles player actually lying on top of him !

Worst decision of the day, for mine, was when McMahon tackled the Eagles defender 10m directly in front of goal, the defender just drops the ball, falls to his knees and takes McMahon with him.

Then falls forward....despite the fact the the ball fell lose before he hit his knees and was a CLEAR holding-the-ball free kick, the ******** umpire pays in-the-back.

Some of the worst umpiring of a match I have seen in a long time...no doubt.

But even with that, had we converted our set shots better, we would have won it.

Not to mention the obvious free to Arch for holding the man in the 3rd 1/4 : they called play on, Judd fed it to someone (I forget who) who goaled. Nice work, umps. :rolleyes:

Disregarding the fact you were undisciplined and gave away not only a free kick but a 50m penalty, both initial free kicks were almost certain goals regardless

This is where quoting stats is a load of rubbish

If a free kick is there, pay it. If that means one team gets 396587 kicks to 5, that's OK.

Mate, your one eye is painted on and you are defending the indefensible.

Best take it where someone will believe it.:thumbsu:

That's right, it was Rawlings, came off the side of the boot and called dilibarate.
What about Lynch, tackled in the goal square, drops the ball but still all clear for a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equally bizarre was the free paid against Swallow for in the back : when he was lying on the ground with an Eagles player actually lying on top of him !

This was the one that puzzled me the most. For the first time in many years of watching football I actually saw a bloke lying flat on his back awarded a push in the back. Just how does that happen?

You complain about the delibrate free on the wing but then how about the THREE delibrates 20 metres from WC's goal that were not paid.

Yes WC had a slightly better run with the umpires but they were bad both ways.

That's right, it was Rawlings, came off the side of the boot and called dilibarate.
What about Lynch, tackled in the goal square, drops the ball but still all clear for a goal.

Yes it was Rawlings. he kicked it right in front of me, under pressure, from a pack - the idea that it was deliberate was at best a huge compliment to his kicking, but at worst . . .

I don't normally complain about the umpiring, but today's was dreadful. Don't get me wrong - I won't say it affected the result - but it absolutely butchered the flow of what was otherwise a wonderful game.

And congrats to West Coast for the win. I still reckon you're the best team in the comp, and I reckon on today's effort we have a lot to be happy about at the NMFC.

Worst was Kerr(??) dropping the ball from an Archer tackle and called play on.

This is good stuff guys. We could probably run another 20 or so posts of unique 'worst calls for the night', such was the pathetic effort for the men in white/fluoro yellow/fluoro orange.

I'm usually calm and cop bad decisions on the chin, but today I nearly punched 3 holes in my wall and absolutely lost it. Disgraceful.

Hold on Pratty how could you do that if you where on the field today????

What sh*ts me about AFL umpiring is that if this game was a grand final today the umpires would be told let it go just pay the really obvious frees so we have a free flowing game. Shouldn't all games be umpired like every game was a grand final especially today against 2 quality sides.

Absolute Disgrace today. Shame AFL, Shame.

They were victorian

Just to stop this rubbish, umpires can come from the WAFL, SANFL etc. To get games most move to Victoria even though they may have actually been from another state when first selected. When they move to Victoria they then have their place of residance as Victoria as stated on the record.

I don't care how bad we were today but **** me, i was so ****ing annoyed with the umpires today. Absolute disgrace. Today it was us vs the the umpires not west coast. The AFL better hope they come out and say sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back