Review The most idiotic media call about Hawthorns rebuild

Who deserves the most ridicule about how Hawthorn has gone about the rebuild since three-peting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a terrible rehash of a wonderful (true) story ....

In the 1970s, a church in Hawthorn on its notice board posed the official question to its parishoners -

What would you do if God came to Hawthorn?

A wag wrote underneath -

Move Hudson to centre-half-forward.
Which in itself is a copy of the original What would you do if Jesus came to Liverpool?

And someone scrawled; Move St John to outside right.

In this sense, there's nothing close to Barrett.

Everyone else is just pissing in the wind...but Barrett actually waged a public campaign to see our club punished, with his bullshit, completely unsustainable agenda. basically, Hawthorn made two trade swhich he didn't think were fair value..therefore WE ARE TANKING!
Hopefully, I have my timeline correct, but I have a theory on what Barrett was attempting to do. Way back at the start of the year, Harley Reid was being talked up as a generational talent and he could see that talent going to his beloved Norf. The main obstacle early on seemed to be Hawthorn, and he started his vendetta to put into the public mindset that Hawthorn was deliberately tanking, in the hope the AFL would strip the club of draft picks if the club ended up with pick 1. Only he could be so delusional to think he could actually influence the AFL in that way.

When that didn't seem to work (colour me surprised), he jumped on the racism review and continually pushed for Hawthorn to lose draft picks. This is classic headf**kery if ever you've seen it. If you look carefully across that year, as Hawthorn started to win games and stopped becoming a threat to pick up the wooden spoon, Barrett's draft attacks on the Hawks began to wane. He obviously didn't think of West Coast being a threat to his Harley Reid dream as surely they wouldn't pick up a Vic kid who could leave them after a couple of years. In the words of Chris Scott... mission accomplished!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

Hopefully, I have my timeline correct, but I have a theory on what Barrett was attempting to do. Way back at the start of the year, Harley Reid was being talked up as a generational talent and he could see that talent going to his beloved Norf. The main obstacle early on seemed to be Hawthorn, and he started his vendetta to put into the public mindset that Hawthorn was deliberately tanking, in the hope the AFL would strip the club of draft picks if the club ended up with pick 1. Only he could be so delusional to think he could actually influence the AFL in that way.

When that didn't seem to work (colour me surprised), he jumped on the racism review and continually pushed for Hawthorn to lose draft picks. This is classic headf**kery if ever you've seen it. If you look carefully across that year, as Hawthorn started to win games and stopped becoming a threat to pick up the wooden spoon, Barrett's draft attacks on the Hawks began to wane. He obviously didn't think of West Coast being a threat to his Harley Reid dream as surely they wouldn't pick up a Vic kid who could leave them after a couple of years. In the words of Chris Scott... mission accomplished!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

It was all about Reid. Barret mentioned him in context a few times

IF ...​

Jaeger O'Meara's form has been solid in the Dockers' impressive season ...

THEN ...​

what an opportunity he's got on Saturday in Launceston to remind the Hawks of what they didn't want, when they forced him out under contract at the end of 2022.

IF ...

Barretts head is still somewhere where the sun doesn't shine

THEN ...

There's a 85% chance it will be stuck there for eternity.

IF ...​

THEN ...​

what an opportunity he's got on Saturday in Launceston to remind the Hawks of what they didn't want, when they forced him out under contract at the end of 2022.

IF ...

THEN ...

Solid…averaging 14.5 disposals per game 😂

IF ...​

THEN ...​

IF ...

THEN ...

If…
I keep predicting ifs and thens over the course of eternity
Then…
I will predict something that happens and it will look like I predicted correctly

Worst column in afl the “if then.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The most idiotic media call about Hawthorns rebuild

Back