News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Back in the 80’s, the best ever football commentator, Peter McKenna, would openly show his man-love of Hawthorn when he commentated our games

I met him when I was at school at Assumption College
He told me I was the luckiest kid in the school because of the Hawks

Never forget that day
Mate, I've had ex-ACK people popping up everywhere at the moment.
Graduated in 2010 myself, along with Prestia and Talia, can't say I've had the same impact on the MCG or alley-ways in Sydney

Last edited:

As brilliant as the past couple of months have been for our club, this is the best thing I've read about us, being inclusive and a genuinely warm place to be. Well done Hawks.

Last edited:
David King on AFL 360, yet again, for the 5th time this fortnight, mentioning how Hawthorn are drawing the most head high free kicks inside 50 of any team in the competition.

I guess he doesn't care how the Hawks have been rammed up the bum by umpiring this year for the most part this year and for a good part of 20 years.

AFL360 just did a segment on Hawthorn high frees again. Montanga making out that the AFL have over corrected and shouldn't be paying those frees. Robinson says club will be contacting the AFL to let them know there is something wrong and complaining. All the implication is playing for frees, even though every single one of the frees they showed was clearly there. No one mentioning the height of the forwards and amount of small forwards we have.

David King on AFL 360, yet again, for the 5th time this fortnight, mentioning how Hawthorn are drawing the most head high free kicks inside 50 of any team in the competition.

I guess he doesn't care how the Hawks have been rammed up the bum by umpiring this year for the most part this year and for a good part of 20 years.
King is getting sooky about his criticism of Watson and the fact he got called out last Friday and has to face the music on Friday this week

AFL360 just did a segment on Hawthorn high frees again. Montanga making out that the AFL have over corrected and shouldn't be paying those frees. Robinson says club will be contacting the AFL to let them know there is something wrong and complaining. All the implication is playing for frees, even though every single one of the frees they showed was clearly there. No one mentioning the height of the forwards and amount of small forwards we have.
And then tried to claim Rayner's numbers were close to Moore

They're scared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which club will contact AFL?

Btw there are other ways to get frees inside f50. Like tackling and getting htb

We have had a great run the media recently .
Even some media who didn't rate us or were sinking the boots in have been swayed .

Never thought I would hear someone like Whately even be on board describing us as ' fun ' , ' great to watch ' and a 'serious team '.

It's fickle and it'll change. But if you don't like a commontator etc don't listen.

Barrett, Healy, King, Robbo - they've all been glowing recently.

Posters are just as scarred by perceived hate as they claim these commentators are scarred by our regular success.

It's kinda inevitable.

Most of these talking heads predicted us to flounder this year and have been proven completely incorrect.

They are clutching at straws to basically say we are gaming the system through free kicks, and therefore they weren't technically wrong because we are being cheeky shits.

Obviously none of these idiots saw the vision of Watto getting pulverised by elbows without a single admonishment from the umpire on the weekend.

The lads will need to get ready to fly the flag for each other this weekend because I reckon the umpires will put their whistles away.

People like Healy and King are hilarious. Just imagine using free kicks as a talking point about a team's success. What sort of analysis is that? As amateur as you will see. I mean why not just show us the "I hate Hawthorn" tattoos. The same people that worshiped at the altar of Joel Duckwood. Just incredible.

As brilliant as the past couple of months have been for our club, this is the best thing I've read about us, being inclusive and a genuinely warm place to be. Well done Hawks.

I mentioned this kind of thing in a thread on the main board. No one can really articulate what "winning culture" is. IMO it's one of the biggest nothing remarks on BigFooty.

But what Mitchell and his team have developed and fostered is a culture that had made players and staff feel embraced, accepted and valued - and that helps the players develop, feel united and succeed.

That is absolutely apparent by how they play on the field and how the team interacts with each other.

Maybe at the end that is what winning culture is - because it actually helps us win and it's not going to suddenly be broken by a random end of season loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back