The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

The Halloween remakes are shit.
Agreed. Sorry Pricey, but the original Halloween is in my top 3 movies of all-time. I'll never forget watching that movie when I was a kid. One of my favourite movie watching memories (and childhood memories) ever.

The remakes are awful by comparison. I'm not a fan of modern horror movies, so maybe that's what it is.

I disagree. I was never a fan of the original Halloween flicks. I enjoyed the Zombie versions cause they were darker. If u liked the originals then u maybe right but I just found the originals boring.
Really looking fwd to Zombies new flick coming out soon. Stars the blonde chick from the devils rejects

I'm not a fan of modern horror movies, so maybe that's what it is.
Have u seen The Cabin in the Woods? It's kinda horror but a brilliant storyline. Very different. Might be my fave horror flick in a long time

I disagree. I was never a fan of the original Halloween flicks. I enjoyed the Zombie versions cause they were darker. If u liked the originals then u maybe right but I just found the originals boring.
Really looking fwd to Zombies new flick coming out soon. Stars the blonde chick from the devils rejects
cm-32707-050b13cbf630f2.jpeg

Just kidding. But different strokes for different folks. For me, at least, the original Halloween is as close to perfect as any other great movie that I've seen. I love everything about it.

Christoph Waltz was seriously good. He completely stole the show whenever he was on screen
and I was quite disappointed when he died as I thought the movie would lose its momentum. Luckily it didn't though.
He has to be one of the best actors around at the moment. He has killed it in two roles (Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained) in the past couple of years. Surely a second Oscar will be his?
F*ck yeah! Very well deserved!:):thumbsu:

Did you know that blonde chick is Rob Zombie's wife , she's also in the Halloween movie he made .

I saw End of Watch last night , bloody good movie .

Did you know that blonde chick is Rob Zombie's wife , she's also in the Halloween movie he made .

I saw End of Watch last night , bloody good movie .
nah i didnt. My cousin actually met Rob Zombie the other day in Texas at some awards thing and posted a pic together. He is a lot smaller then i thought he was

Doing a spoiler coz just realised I could do a spoiler! How cool is this? :)
Pretty kewl!

Anyway, I recently saw the new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie 'The Last Stand' (which has been getting absolutely trashed by people online), and I really enjoyed it. I don't really get why people think it's so bad. It's not up there with the best Arnie films, but Arnie is still kicking ass (at the age of 65, no less)! Johnny Knoxville was hilarious in his role as well.

If you aren't a pretentious film snob that can't enjoy a fun action movie, then go see this movie!:D:thumbsu:

Pretty kewl!

Anyway, I recently saw the new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie 'The Last Stand' (which has been getting absolutely trashed by people online), and I really enjoyed it. I don't really get why people think it's so bad. It's not up there with the best Arnie films, but Arnie is still kicking arse (at the age of 65, no less)! Johnny Knoxville was hilarious in his role as well.

If you aren't a pretentious film snob that can't enjoy a fun action movie, then go see this movie!:D:thumbsu:

I like both Arnie and Knoxville so this movie is gonna be a winner for me. I think some people are just too serious to enjoy a good mindless, pisstake, over-the-top action flick. I'm glad I'm not one of those people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, did the swear filter just change the American version of arse to the Australian version? What if I'm talking about a donkey?

EDIT - it totally did!:p

You're stuffed! I'll bring it up with El-Chief-O. He won't care.

Recently went and saw Side Effect without knowing a thing about it. A pretty decent film and I think I enjoyed it more not knowing what it was about or what genre it was. So yeah if you're looking for a decent flick go and see it, but don't look it up.

Watched The Watchmen Director's Cut as well and I couldn't pick out a single added bit or missing piece. Still a good story.

Hey guys, I'm putting together a list of BigFooty's top 100 movies in the Movie and Entertainment forum and I'm looking for a couple more of people's top 10 lists to help flesh out the countdown. If you're able to put together a list and post it at the thread on the M&E board by Sunday, it would be much appreciated.

Watched The Big Lebowski last night, after seeing it has an average vote of 8.2/10 on IMDB. For a comedy, that's insane.

Anyways, it's solid but I dont get the hype. It's subtle humor did get me laughing at times but nothing more than other comedies have done.

Probably give it a 7.

Watched The Big Lebowski last night, after seeing it has an average vote of 8.2/10 on IMDB. For a comedy, that's insane.

Anyways, it's solid but I dont get the hype. It's subtle humor did get me laughing at times but nothing more than other comedies have done.

Probably give it a 7.

It's a Coen brothers flick. That says it all. Coen brothers flicks should have a whole genre unto themselves. A "comedy" it aint. But it is ****ing funny. And I love it. I can recommend a few others if you are keen.

It's a Coen brothers flick. That says it all. Coen brothers flicks should have a whole genre unto themselves. A "comedy" it aint. But it is ******* funny. And I love it. I can recommend a few others if you are keen.
Massive, massive fan of the Coen Brothers. Fargo, True Grit, and I'm missing a classic which I hope you spank me for :p

But yeah, I hear the Lebowski gets better with every viewing so I might have to rewatch it in the coming weeks.

The car smashing scene with Larry had me in stitches though. And in hindsight, there are so many good quotes.

"Damn wind". :D

Remove this Banner Ad

The Movie Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back