The mysterious behaviour of Alavi and Charter

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes you believe he was the one who brought Gatto in? I'll take your second sentence as a given, I assume it is well known.

Wasn't Gatto spruiking Charters story to all and sundry? That wouldn't have suited Essendon. Why wouldn't Salvo have just given Charter the cash direct without going through Gatto if he has known him for years?

Salvo brokered the change of Charter's position.

There is verified history of Gatto solving problems for Salvo.

When Charter had his change of heart, Gatto was (literally) there helping out. And at times speaking for Charter. Even when Charter was present.

Stop thinking carrot (money) and start thinking stick. Stick is what Mick does. He does it with a certain perverted version of class, but Mick is Stick.

Mystery solved!

images

• Charter met with Hird to discuss "the program.
    As discussed in my post

Did you discuss the bit where Hird lied? Ran into Charter by chance? And yet they had TWO meetings with the specific purpose of discussing drugs for the program. You didn't discuss it, you pretended it didn't really happen.

Charter was Hird's "dietary adviser" from his playing days........

Hird, and his mentor Evans, have an ongoing relationship with Charter over years. A real three way love fest.
    ???Really.

Really. See Evan's glowing endorsement of Charter as a consultant.

AN Essendon coterie member brought Gatto in to deal with Charter. A Coterie member who has a history of using Gatto's "intervention and mediation" to collect money. I'll give you a hint. Mick was not telling people "if you don't give him the money it might harm your credit rating".

And with all this information at hand you think you can seriously base an argument on the wild arsed foundation that Charter has nothing to do with Essendon?

Essendon only dealt with Charter when ASADA tried to base a prosecution on his evidence.

How dare ASADA base parts of their case on the evidence of the dealer who imported the drugs, after gettin his records from customs? Using a dirtbag involved in the dirty deeds to build a case. Who the **** has ever heard of that kind of thing? Surely they could have found a saintly old nun somewhere to spill the beans.

I'm astounded that you find this more significant than an Essendon coterie member bringing in a leg breaker to "negotiate" with the scumbag Essendon put in the supply chain, and then suddenly he doesn't want to play any more.

As far as Hird was concerned, the meeting could have been by chance. Dank arranged it. He was trying to convince Hird to let him run the program he wanted. Where did I pretend it didn't happen? I have no idea how detailed the discussions they had were. And neither have you. Anything Charter had to say about that meeting would depend on which side he saw his own self interest lying at that point in time.

ASADA based their case on a mischievous, untrustworthy witness, who they said at the time came forward "for altruistic reasons" (no doubt their job offer to him was because of said altruism). About as believable as ASADA's entire case. And they based their case on a "dirtbag's" evidence
BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THEY HAD!!
Great. Clever. Keep us all hanging on for 2 years plus, while you construct a BS case based on BS evidence.
Of course, Essendon should have just let it go. Truth or not. Pretty damn disreputable to match ASADA's tactics.

As far as Hird was concerned, the meeting could have been by chance. Dank arranged it. He was trying to convince Hird to let him run the program he wanted. Where did I pretend it didn't happen? I have no idea how detailed the discussions they had were. And neither have you. Anything Charter had to say about that meeting would depend on which side he saw his own self interest lying at that point in time.

ASADA based their case on a mischievous, untrustworthy witness, who they said at the time came forward "for altruistic reasons" (no doubt their job offer to him was because of said altruism). About as believable as ASADA's entire case. And they based their case on a "dirtbag's" evidence
BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THEY HAD!!
Great. Clever. Keep us all hanging on for 2 years plus, while you construct a BS case based on BS evidence.
Of course, Essendon should have just let it go. Truth or not. Pretty damn disreputable to match ASADA's tactics.
120946_95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded.gif

Salvo brokered the change of Charter's position.

There is verified history of Gatto solving problems for Salvo.

When Charter had his change of heart, Gatto was (literally) there helping out. And at times speaking for Charter. Even when Charter was present.

Stop thinking carrot (money) and start thinking stick. Stick is what Mick does. He does it with a certain perverted version of class, but Mick is Stick.
So you are saying Gatto started working with/for Charter and then Salvo intervened? I'm willing to grant the shady connections I'm just not convinced of the theory.

As far as Hird was concerned, the meeting could have been by chance. Dank arranged it. He was trying to convince Hird to let him run the program he wanted. Where did I pretend it didn't happen?

Once upon a time....

Hird met his old supplier by chance. Twice. You now. The bloke Hird's mentor Evans was writing glowing endorsements for. The dietary adviser Hird paid to help him, without the benefit of knowledge of anything other than dealing drugs.

And then they held discussions about sourcing drugs. Twice. And then this same bloke imported drugs used on James' players. Many many times. How **** ing unlucky is that. Just a victim of circumstance our James.

ASADA based their case on a mischievous, untrustworthy witness, who ........

Who was engaged by Essendon football club to import their drugs. And did so.

And FFS stop the Dank did it all in secret bullshit. Dank. The EFC employee. In communication with the coach, the Charman and many others in the Club about what he was doing.

Not only do we have good Thymosin and bad Thymosin (oops. good Thymosin is now a non starter). We now apparently have good Essendon and bad Essendon. AAnd its as simple as saying it was done by "bad Essendon" and it doesn't count.

So you are saying Gatto started working with/for Charter and then Salvo intervened? I'm willing to grant the shady connections I'm just not convinced of the theory.

No I am not saying that.

Gatto is known to have worked as Salvo's fixer. Gatto becomes involved. Charter changes his story. Salvo says he was behind Charter moving into the Essendon tent.

I don't however discount the possibility of more complex additional connections.

It's not rocket surgery. Unless you don't want to see that sequence because it's too horrid to contemplate. In which case you dream up a different reality.

Once upon a time....

Hird met his old supplier by chance. Twice. You now. The bloke Hird's mentor Evans was writing glowing endorsements for. The dietary adviser Hird paid to help him, without the benefit of knowledge of anything other than dealing drugs.

And then they held discussions about sourcing drugs. Twice. And then this same bloke imported drugs used on James' players. Many many times. How **** ing unlucky is that. Just a victim of circumstance our James.

Who was engaged by Essendon football club to import their drugs. And did so.

And FFS stop the Dank did it all in secret bullshit. Dank. The EFC employee. In communication with the coach, the Charman and many others in the Club about what he was doing.

Not only do we have good Thymosin and bad Thymosin (oops. good Thymosin is now a non starter). We now apparently have good Essendon and bad Essendon. AAnd its as simple as saying it was done by "bad Essendon" and it doesn't count.

You just don't listen when what is said refutes your argument.
Repeating yourself, despite responses to you, doesn't make what you say valid.

No I am not saying that.

Gatto is known to have worked as Salvo's fixer. Gatto becomes involved. Charter changes his story. Salvo says he was behind Charter moving into the Essendon tent.

I don't however discount the possibility of more complex additional connections.

It's not rocket surgery. Unless you don't want to see that sequence because it's too horrid to contemplate. In which case you dream up a different reality.

I wonder if Gatto kill Charter's rabbit in 2013?

Sounds like charters was paid off based on today's hun article. And the sheer arrogance of essendon means they are dumb enough to let it come our.

Charters is a convicted drug dealer and confessed abuser of ped. Hardly an upstanding citizen but good enough for the essendon footba club and their coach.

Any chance that ASADA or associated entities gave inducements for Charter to give evidence ? i can think of no reason why Charter would speak to ASADA.

Yep, when it suited him.
He's probably trying to flog another story to ASADA right now, for a higher price

And the proposed TV Series that is being hawked around the networks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance that ASADA or associated entities gave inducements for Charter to give evidence ? i can think of no reason why Charter would speak to ASADA.
I'd be surprised if they did anything illegal but perhaps Charter thought they had an "understanding", and when he realised that they had not been offering anything concrete he flipped. I understand he has a bit of a case of man love for Hird too (from a poster who has had brief unsatisfactory legit business dealings with Carter).

Edit: I would think it would have to be a bit better than a "job offer". I can't see how they could even imply that his testimony might help him with his legal troubles.

You didn't read that properly either! :p
I did too! I went back to look for subtext an' everything. Maybe I just don't have a subtle mind. I thought at first it was being implied that the buyers were involved somehow but one customer was reimbursed through the traders association and others were pressing charges, so they at least thought they were dealing legitimately. Educate me then! :p

Charter has prior form as a snitch. Which got very messy indeed over the trafficking bust he eventually went to the big house for. Even the sanitised version that came up in Court reads like a cheap crime novel.

Alavi has his business and reputation on the line, how he can claim he was unsure what he was compounding is farcical.

Charter is a common crook, money talks and he obviously leveraged a deal for his 180 about face.

Dank knows the whole truth, and even if before an open court who could believe anything he says. He is solely looking out for himself
Those of the HTB who are concerned by alavis conduct can send notifications (ie complaint) to AHPRA (Australian health practitioners regulation agency).

Wonder what the results would be if Dank took a lie detector test set up of course by a professional in that field. LOL
Inconclusive because it would be unable to get a calibration reading for "not lying".

I did too! I went back to look for subtext an' everything. Maybe I just don't have a subtle mind. I thought at first it was being implied that the buyers were involved somehow but one customer was reimbursed through the traders association and others were pressing charges, so they at least thought they were dealing legitimately. Educate me then! :p
You inferred Gatto was involved when in fact he is quoted as saying he had been a mate for years but wasn't working for him. Both of you have read part of the story and made assumptions. Whereas if you'd read the whole story, neither of you would have quoted them here.

You inferred Gatto was involved when in fact he is quoted as saying he had been a mate for years but wasn't working for him. Both of you have read part of the story and made assumptions. Whereas if you'd read the whole story, neither of you would have quoted them here.
Strictly speaking I said I found an article inferring that Gatto was also working for the dodgy dealer - although to be fair it was the headline that said that, as you correctly pointed out the article was a lot more circumspect. Those creative headline dudes...

I don't know if he is involved with Gatto or is a fraud not, as I said I am willing to be enlightened. Generally speaking my default position is suspicion of the majority opinion, whether it aligns with my personal bias or not. It's why I enjoy Jane Cazdow's articles in The Good Weekend (I know, an Essendon supporter who reads The Age!). She has written amazing profiles of Wawrick Capper, Barnaby Joyce, Brynne Edelston, Christopher Pyne, and Bryce Courtney among others - a few of these are portrayed one dimensionally in the media but she finds some interesting insights that make me reconsider my superficial opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

The mysterious behaviour of Alavi and Charter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back