Mega Thread The NBA Offseason Thread (22-23 season). NBA Draft, Summer League (Cleveland SL champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning Time cancelled after Boston win the 84 chip :)

It's a fantastic show but I don't think I could deal Seeing John C Reily celebrate the two Lakers chips in the 80s against us.
Some nice trolling by HBO :)
Disappointing, I've been really enjoying it.

Dame really is out here doing a press tour claiming i would never join the Warriors that just ain't right while DEMANDING a trade to a team that made the finals last year and ONLY that team.

This guy is so lame.

Dame really is out here doing a press tour claiming i would never join the Warriors that just ain't right while DEMANDING a trade to a team that made the finals last year and ONLY that team.

This guy is so lame.
Hes gone from really liked among all fan bases to disliked in 1 offseason. Absolute loser

Miami has won the most games the last 4 seasons combined too. Hes not doing that much better than KD is he...

Tosser. Hope he gets booed every arena he plays

This guy is so lame.

I think he just hates the fact his hometown loves Step more than him

Catching up on the Dame hate, I don't think his demand to get out is unreasonable. 10yrs service to Portland who failed him repeatedly by not keeping a team around him. This will be the 3rd season without McCollum, and they've brought in Jamari Grant who has gone OK and Thybulle. Simmons is emerging but plays better when Dame isn't on the court. Nurkics body is breaking down.

Their 23/24 list is young and inexperienced. He's ready to go now and doesn't have the 2-3 seasons Scoot/Sharpe may need to be real pieces.

Plus, I'm sure he always images the potential of Portland between 2014-17. LaMarcus, Dame, McCollum and Nurkic. Could have been a dynasty itself and stopped GWS in conference finals.

Catching up on the Dame hate, I don't think his demand to get out is unreasonable. 10yrs service to Portland who failed him repeatedly by not keeping a team around him. This will be the 3rd season without McCollum, and they've brought in Jamari Grant who has gone OK and Thybulle. Simmons is emerging but plays better when Dame isn't on the court. Nurkics body is breaking down.

Their 23/24 list is young and inexperienced. He's ready to go now and doesn't have the 2-3 seasons Scoot/Sharpe may need to be real pieces.

Plus, I'm sure he always images the potential of Portland between 2014-17. LaMarcus, Dame, McCollum and Nurkic. Could have been a dynasty itself and stopped GWS in conference finals.
Then don't sign the extension and leave as a free agent, or give a long list of contenders that you would be happy to be traded to.

It was only last year he signed a 2 year extension, everyone with half a brain knew the Blazers had a ceiling well short of being a genuine contender. He chose to sign anyway.

He wanted to secure his money and now demand out before the extension has even kicked in. He wants to play for only one team and not willing to move to any other contender.

No one is begrudging him for wanting out, it is all about how he has gone about it. Especially the fact he is continually throwing shade at other players for 'ring chasing'

It is just a bum move.

Then don't sign the extension and leave as a free agent, or give a long list of contenders that you would be happy to be traded to.

It was only last year he signed a 2 year extension, everyone with half a brain knew the Blazers had a ceiling well short of being a genuine contender. He chose to sign anyway.

He wanted to secure his money and now demand out before the extension has even kicked in. He wants to play for only one team and not willing to move to any other contender.

No one is begrudging him for wanting out, it is all about how he has gone about it. Especially the fact he is continually throwing shade at other players for 'ring chasing'

It is just a bum move.
All true.
But we can't forget these guys are represented by agents whose job it is to maximise the $ earned by their own signings.

Not many people would walk away from extra millions laying on a table (except Schroder lol) if it meant a temporary hit on your reputation.

All true.
But we can't forget these guys are represented by agents whose job it is to maximise the $ earned by their own signings.

Not many people would walk away from extra millions laying on a table (except Schroder lol) if it meant a temporary hit on your reputation.
Sure he can do whatever he wants, but his actions do have consequences.

If you want to act like you are better than everyone else and than do what they do but in a lot of ways worse, you will cop judgment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jim Butler wants the NBA to investigate the Bucks for tampering.

376d2a4ec75df01ef684a5518a4b24d7.jpg

Last edited:
“I’m off to a great start with him from a relationship standpoint in terms of understanding that if we want him to defend and rebound at an All-Star level, then we’re going to have to involve him a little more in the offense. That’s just basketball 101, you learn that as a youngster,” Vogel said

Vogel on Ayton
July 14, 2023.

Be interesting to see what Blazers do with Jrue. They could get value if they move him on to the right team in need of a PG like Bulls, Lakers, 76ers.
Almost certainly going to happen, just a matter of if it happens soon or after the season starts.

Hmm. A odd one

I got absolutely no idea what Suns are doing with that one. Nurkic okay but what the heck do they plan on doing with those other 3 bums that got added in. Seems a very small return for Ayton especially when your salary cap relief is non existent too.

Blazers definetly got fair value for Lillard with that deal. Jrue can be moved on for 3 draft picks very easily, Ayton is a upgrade and better fit going forward. I think Jrue to Miami Heat now seems quite likely

As for Bucks, Lillard solves the number 1 weakness they have. 3 point shooting. They will miss Holidays defense but the gains outweigh the losses for sure.

I think Bucks are now title favorites again

All up it feels like Suns got a reamed so Blazers/Bucks could prosper and do a deal. A very clear loser in this deal

Be interesting to see what Blazers do with Jrue. They could get value if they move him on to the right team in need of a PG like Bulls, Lakers, 76ers.
Bulls or Heat I think. Lakers/76ers are stuck with what they got.

I think Heat with Herro have the better piece to give Blazers so seems like Heat will be the team

Hmm. A odd one

I got absolutely no idea what Suns are doing with that one. Nurkic okay but what the heck do they plan on doing with those other 3 bums that got added in. Seems a very small return for Ayton especially when your salary cap relief is non existent too.

Blazers definetly got fair value for Lillard with that deal. Jrue can be moved on for 3 draft picks very easily, Ayton is a upgrade and better fit going forward. I think Jrue to Miami Heat now seems quite likely

As for Bucks, Lillard solves the number 1 weakness they have. 3 point shooting. They will miss Holidays defense but the gains outweigh the losses for sure.

I think Bucks are now title favorites again
Suns just wanted Ayton gone, they got a little bit of depth and got rid of a bad contract that clearly just didn’t fit with that locker room.

Bulls or Heat I think. Lakers/76ers are stuck with what they got.

I think Heat with Herro have the better piece to give Blazers so seems like Heat will be the team
Bulls keep getting mentioned and I’m just so confused, to what end? Giving up more assets to cap out at a very old team that if lucky might be a 2nd round exit?

I don’t love the Jrue fit with Butler and Bam. Think they are better off holding firm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The NBA Offseason Thread (22-23 season). NBA Draft, Summer League (Cleveland SL champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back