Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

One of these days, I must get to a Collingwood/Carlton game, so I can laugh at their supporters in person.
Oh, they are a very special breed.

I had a Carlton supporter sitting behind me on Saturday night. The first free kick was paid 90 seconds into the game, and he screamed 'What now?', only to realise the free kick was paid to Carlton.

They are the whingiest, whiniest bunch of victims you will ever come across (as you can see from their supporter base on BigFooty).

Oh, they are a very special breed.

I had a Carlton supporter sitting behind me on Saturday night. The first free kick was paid 90 seconds into the game, and he screamed 'What now?', only to realise the free kick was paid to Carlton.

They are the whingiest, whiniest bunch of victims you will ever come across (as you can see from their supporter base on BigFooty).
If BigFooty’s any guide, I’d better make sure I take a few days annual leave from work to cover the days after the game. a) to celebrate the win hard, and b) because the Carlton supporters at the ground will likely give me a migraine to rival Sunday’s one, with their rampant stupidity making me want to bash my head against the nearest wall. Bashing my head on the wall would still be infinitely less painful than listening to some of the absolute drivel their supporters come out with.

When we feel frustrated or disappointed by Collingwood and are tempted to lose it

There is a mirror tinted in navy

An abject group of sooks who abuse their players

And the club continues to be led by a man who ran PwC while they ripped off us taxpayers

From top to bottom, a humourless group of arrogance

When we feel frustrated or disappointed by Collingwood and are tempted to lose it

There is a mirror tinted in navy

An abject group of sooks who abuse their players

And the club continues to be led by a man who ran PwC while they ripped off us taxpayers

From top to bottom, a humourless group of arrogance
It’s in bred. Young bloke at work, maybe around 30, referring to them as The Flaggers.

The reality is now setting in that they have an average coach and no depth.

I hate them with every fibre of my being.

It’s in bred. Young bloke at work, maybe around 30, referring to them as The Flaggers.
The reality is now setting in that they have an average coach and no depth.
I hate them with every fibre of my being.
All good 👍

One request though - PLEEESE reserve some of your intense hate for Melbourne - they must not be allowed to escape unscathed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good 👍

One request though - PLEEESE reserve some of your intense hate for Melbourne - they must not be allowed to escape unscathed
When I was a kid, Melbourne were always down the bottom.
They are a bunch of dicks but I don’t hate them like Carlton.

Not so long,long long ago
I can still remember how that ineptness used to make me smile
And I knew if we had our chance
That I could make our people dance
And for sure we’d be happy for a while

And September made them shiver
With every loss they’d deliver
Curnow on the doorstep
He couldnt get one more free kick

I know that I never cried
When I watch that shitful side
But something touched me deep inside
The day their finals hope died

So bye, bye, to the sad old Blues
Drove them all to drink with the same old news
And them good ole boys from the distant Blues
Singin' why is it Vossie they did choose
This’ll be the day the hopes died

Not so long,long long ago
I can still remember how that ineptness used to make me smile
And I knew if we had our chance
That I could make our people dance
And for sure we’d be happy for a while

And September made them shiver
With every loss they’d deliver
Curnow on the doorstep
He couldnt get one more free kick

I know that I never cried
When I watch that shitful side
But something touched me deep inside
The day their finals hope died

So bye, bye, to the sad old Blues
Drove them all to drink with the same old news
And them good ole boys from the distant Blues
Singin' why is it Vossie they did choose
This’ll be the day the hopes died
zMFTayq.gif

A thoughtful Carlton poster on how he will protect his future kids:

Now personally I can't help it. I'll be here. I'm 30. I love the club. I'm getting married end of the year. Kids come next. I'm not ****ing guiding them to Carlton. They can discover the AFL and support whoever they want. Carlton has not earnt me indoctrinating my future kids. Nor has it earnt me the time carved out on weekends in that future either I doubt. Less of a supporter? Maybe.... Again I'm 30 and my family aren't big AFL people. Discovered this sport myself and made my own choice. No family tying me to Carlton and stuck with my choice through school and all the shit after. What for....? They're a steaming pile of.... Still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back