VFL VFL Round 5 v Essendon. Saturday April 27. 2:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see a single minute of this one unfortunately, but it looks like Wil Parker didn't back it up strongly? A little surprised they played him 6 days after playing his first game in 5 years, but anyway... low stats and literally not mentioned here once. Did he play a full game?

Thought Parker was okay in what he did. Be keen to know what his tog% was as he didn’t appear to be out there much.

I get the feeling the lack of selection integrity and lack of senior opportunity outside the chosen ones might be affecting our VFL performances
Where is the incentive when you know you won’t get a chance anyway , or sub at best

I get the feeling the lack of selection integrity and lack of senior opportunity outside the chosen ones might be affecting our VFL performances
Where is the incentive when you know you won’t get a chance anyway , or sub at best
huh ? 24 payers with 50% playing sub par, lack of skill , cant hit targets inside forward 50 from 20 metres ( watch the game in first half, at least 8 of inside 50 entry passes missed "ineneded" target, where EVERY single one went lace out to a Dons defender), lack of presssure, lack of desire and generally quite a bit of lack of talent, apart from that they were pretty good. :p Some of that improved in second half but the horse had bolted... many of the VFL players outshone AFL couterparts which is troubling for our depth or lack of it. On paper oe woul think this side is VFL top 4 , on feild quite the opposite. So is it the coach? or just sheer lack of quality ( bit of both I reckon)

Quick question, has your inside source said anything?
I don't have inside sources but watched him twice this year and if he plays like he did on Saturday, might not get another look in unless we have injuries and no other choice.

huh ? 24 payers with 50% playing sub par, lack of skill , cant hit targets inside forward 50 from 20 metres ( watch the game in first half, at least 8 of inside 50 entry passes missed "ineneded" target, where EVERY single one went lace out to a Dons defender), lack of presssure, lack of desire and generally quite a bit of lack of talent, apart from that they were pretty good. :p Some of that improved in second half but the horse had bolted... many of the VFL players outshone AFL couterparts which is troubling for our depth or lack of it. On paper oe woul think this side is VFL top 4 , on feild quite the opposite. So is it the coach? or just sheer lack of quality ( bit of both I reckon)
You make contradictory comments - “general lack of talent” and “ on paper a Top 4 side”.
It can’t be both.

I don't have inside sources but watched him twice this year and if he plays like he did on Saturday, might not get another look in unless we have injuries and no other choice.
TakingThePies is connected to the inside so he'll have access to those discussions.

Markov was injured on Saturday and I think that explains his performance more than an inability.

You make contradictory comments - “general lack of talent” and “ on paper a Top 4 side”.
It can’t be both.
slightly on paper it seems this team should be top 4, but in reality the talent is overated .. that is my point? Trying to say players are overated "on paper" and by BF commentators, e.g. McRae, every screaming for him to be in AFL, but last 4 outings have been so underwhelming he keeps going back. Allan was talked up as the next big thing, also very underwhelming, Carmy disposal also poor, Dean another, Johnson ..., Begg never gunna be a ruck but we have no choice, MArkov looks like he has dropped off 30%, De Mattia we will have to wait and see, sadly our lack of quality depth doesnt bode well for our AFL future. GWS and Gold coast probably have 20+ players that would walk into VFL and have much more AFl potential, we need to recruit hard this year

I'm surprised that some like you, who is invested in talent pathways, would make a statement like that. Really?, they feel hard done by? If that's the case then goodbye sooky VFL players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which players aren't getting their opportunity that deserve it more? I can't see any.

And the chosen ones are? Fin, Harvey, Reef?

TakingThePies is connected to the inside so he'll have access to those discussions.

Markov was injured on Saturday and I think that explains his performance more than an inability.
When was he injured and what was the injury?

Markov looked fine at training, I don't believe there is anything injury wise there.
The way he moved, I didn't think so.

It was where he moved or didn't and not chasing that caught my eye. Poor game and not to be rewarded.

Didn't see a single minute of this one unfortunately, but it looks like Wil Parker didn't back it up strongly? A little surprised they played him 6 days after playing his first game in 5 years, but anyway... low stats and literally not mentioned here once. Did he play a full game?
Still had some Very Good Moments during the Game

Coaches votes

04cc5fd3efb71b9c686ec210ea83c01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you’d think Macrae is a very good chance to return now.
Who else is there? He is the only one who is demanding a spot at senior level. Our chances of winning have been seriously reduced by injuries to key players so in a way it's a good game for him to play in. The opposition will really test him out and give us some idea of what he is capable of doing in the midfield. Let's see what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back