Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's list isn't good enough simple as that. They think they have a super talented list but they have holes everywhere.

I read on their board that they have a top 4 list and the only reason they lost was because of Voss

I noticed a lot of the Carlton board blaming Voss for last night and wanting him sacked.

It’s not his fault someone told him and the players the game started at 8:30pm, not the actual time of 7:30pm.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember early in the year when their donkey supporters were wanking on about having the “top 5 players in the league”?

That aged well.
Maybe they meant to say “bottom 5”.

I noticed a lot of the Carlton board blaming Voss for last night and wanting him sacked.

It’s not his fault someone told him and the players the game started at 8:30pm, not the actual time of 7:30pm.
Maybe they thought daylight saving had already started; and Brisbane don’t have it.

Remember when it was reported Voss performed poorly in his interview with us?

Kingsley in contrast was a good candidate, but just fell short. Carlton have backed the wrong horse 😂
As I said 3 years ago, Carlton backed the wrong horse 🤣

Good to know their board is as incompetent as ever.

I think that Carlton fans have some justification in blaming Voss. His selections for this game were incomprehensible.
Selecting De Koning as sub was not the craziest. Many Carlton flogs put this forward as his greatest selecton blunder, but that is easy with hindsight. De Koning was definitely right to go, but he had just come back from 6 weeks out - so understand the dilemma. One could argue he should have selected TDK in the 22 or not at all, because it was always questionable to play a potentially under done ruckman as sub.

There were two other decisions that I thought were amazingly stupid. Leaving Cincotta out so they had no one to tag (Cincotta had in previous games done well to nullify elite mids like Neale, or maybe could have tagged Zorko)

The other decision, during the game itself, was to sub out Kennedy - a capable mid - while there were several Carlton players at the time who were doing almost nothing.

Incredible to sub out a mid when precisely you need midfield power to get back in the game, for a ruckman!

Clearly also Zac Williams was not fit to play.

Playing Docherty in his first AFL game back as a final also seemed bizarre.

Let's hope Matt Kennedy requests a trade and becomes available. I think he would be a great pick up for us at minimal cost.

Last edited:
Jack Hill the blind miner could see that this loss was entirely Voss's fault. I mean, how could a 60-0 scoreline have anything to do with the playing group. 🤣 😂 LMAO.

I just looked at there starting line up for last night and it looks to me like they all have the same issue. See what you think.

FB: :poo::poo::poo:
HB: :poo::poo::poo:
C: :poo::poo::poo:
HF: :poo::poo::poo:
FF: :poo::poo::poo:
FOL: :poo::poo::poo:

I think that Carlton fans have some justification in blaming Voss. His selections for this game were incomprehensible.
Selecting De Koning as sub was not the craziest. Many Carlton flogs put this forward as his greatest selecton blunder, but that is easy with hindsight. De Koning was definitely right to go, but he had just come back from 6 weeks out - so understand the dilemma. One could argue he should have selected TDK in the 22 or not at all, because it was always questionable to play a potentially under done ruckman as sub.

There were two other decisions that I thought were amazingly stupid. Leaving Cincotta out so they had no one to tag (Cincotta had in previous games done well to nullify elite mids like Neale, or maybe could have tagged Zorko)

The other decision, during the game itself, was to sub out Kennedy - a capable mid - while there were several Carlton players at the time who were doing almost nothing.

Incredible to sub out a mid when precisely you need midfield power to get back in the game, for a ruckman!

Clearly also Zac Williams was not fit to play.

Playing Docherty in his first AFL game back as a final also seemed bizarre.

Let's hope Matt Kennedy requests a trade and becomes available. I think he would be a great pick up for us at minimal cost.

Think this may be the first piece of analysis done in this thread

Strong work

But let's not deter the bile and bias we are accustomed to

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back