Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my prediction for how we'll go:
Sydney - 50/50
Essendon - Certain win
Adelaide - Depends on the ins for the Crows, but I'm 90% sure we'll win
GWS - Could be worrying if they get their stars back, otherwise I think we'll win comfortably
Collingwood - 50/50

I think we could go 5-0 here if things go right, although 4-1/3-2 is a bit more realistic (loss to either/both Sydney or Collingwood).

Good analysis.

No doubt Sydney at the SCG and Collingwood at the MCG will be our biggest tests thus far in 2018.

They are both our longest droughts in football, and despite beating both those clubs in their home state since our last win against them at those venues, ending those long droughts will not just install broader confidence about where we're at, but end the discussion about those "hoodoos".

Win one or both will serious strengthen our premiership credentials and assault for our fourth flag.

Screw this weird fixture...we play all those teams twice before we even play some other teams for the first time. But OTOH it will give us a chance to really prove our mettle. It'll be good to have a stern test at this stage of the year.

Sydney just seem weaker and more vulnerable this year. I predict a close, low-scoring affair (depending on the weather as well). Whoever can be efficient in attack will win.

If we don't beat Essendon at home something is wrong.

Unless Adelaide's form improve a lot we should lock this one in.

Depends on who GWS gets back, but I think we should win.

I actually feel this may be the year we beat the Pies at the MCG. Don't wanna get ahead of myself/set myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I won't mind a win AS much if it's a close, hard-fought contest, and we're not playing at our best, but I feel if we are we'll slice em up. I think we can stop their run into half forward a heck of a lot better than say Melbourne's putrid effort on Monday. IF we're on.

I think 5-0 IS definitely winnable, and not a remote chance. But it depends on our form. Getting Darling back at least before GWS and would be highly desirable. Hoping for 5-0, but I sense 4-1.

Screw this weird fixture...we play all those teams twice before we even play some other teams for the first time. But OTOH it will give us a chance to really prove our mettle. It'll be good to have a stern test at this stage of the year.

Sydney just seem weaker and more vulnerable this year. I predict a close, low-scoring affair (depending on the weather as well). Whoever can be efficient in attack will win.

If we don't beat Essendon at home something is wrong.

Unless Adelaide's form improve a lot we should lock this one in.

Depends on who GWS gets back, but I think we should win.

I actually feel this may be the year we beat the Pies at the MCG. Don't wanna get ahead of myself/set myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I won't mind a win AS much if it's a close, hard-fought contest, and we're not playing at our best, but I feel if we are we'll slice em up. I think we can stop their run into half forward a heck of a lot better than say Melbourne's putrid effort on Monday. IF we're on.

I think 5-0 IS definitely winnable, and not a remote chance. But it depends on our form. Getting Darling back at least before GWS and would be highly desirable. Hoping for 5-0, but I sense 4-1.
No rain on Friday in Sydney

For the whole season I reckon:

Sydney = Lose
Essendon = Win
Adelaide = Win
GWS = Win
Collingwood = Lose
Dogs = Win
North = Lose
Freo = Win
Port = Win? (50/50 game)
Melbourne = Win
Brisbane = Win

18 - 19 wins should see us top 2.

I reckon 16-17 will get us top 2, probably 17. Win all our home games (5 more) and pinch 2 of our away games. Brisbane in the last round should be a win and definitely win one of either swans, crows, pies, power and Roos.

If we can beat the Pies at the G i am a 100% confident we can beat the Tigers or Geelong if it comes to a GF v either of those two.
Yep, trying to contain it, but it's looking very good for a double finals shot and a serious fling at the big dance.
We need to take it up to the Swans in case we get to play off again at the pointy end.
(but only won there 3 times in what..20yrs?)
And we need to roll the Pies at the MCG to bank that credit and confidence if we get to the GF,
then the MCG will not be a problem or an excuse.

It isnt inconceivable for us to be three games clear at the end of the bye rounds, if we beat Swans and Essendon and Richmond lose to Geelong. Richmond, Geelong, Swans and Melbourne all have the late bye (Round 14).
I was just thinking this. At the end of round 14, assuming also that Port beat the Dees at home, the top 8 would likely be:

WCE - 48
RICH - 36
GEE - 36
SYD - 36
COLL - 36
PORT - 36
MELB - 32
NORTH - 32

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 - 2

Loss to Collingwood most likely. I think the club will only lose five games for the entire H&A season then probably fail miserably come finals time.

We have lost two games ...after next week we will be 11-2

Swans will be smashed by tigers and they will be 9-4

We will beat crows away

We will beat gws here

Losses are port away maybe And pies bubble will burst at some point

I’m confident we can finish top two

Ideally would be very keen to win 3 of the next 4. I think we all expect to be beaten by Collingwood at the G.

Would rather lose at the AO to the Crows though than go down at our bogey ground once again.

We have lost two games ...after next week we will be 11-2

Swans will be smashed by tigers and they will be 9-4

We will beat crows away

We will beat gws here

Losses are port away maybe And pies bubble will burst at some point

I’m confident we can finish top two

You mean 10-4? They're 10-3 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back