Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunna be wet on Thursday night, won’t suit our high kicking / marking game style at all. Interesting to see how we go. Haven’t watched much of the bombers this year but seems they are pretty up and down, so who knows what they’ll bring
Have we played a wet game all year? Don’t think so. Hopefully the weather gods are kind

The only team to have beaten us at AO were the Crows in 2015. Likewise, we have never lost to Port there either.

I'd pencil in the Port game as a certain win tbh. The Crows one is slightly worrying, but I'm 98% sure we'll beat them.

IMO I'd put Port as a win, Collingwood as 0.3-0.5 and Adelaide as 0.9.
Every game v port at AO has been close and weve been lucky. At some point they will beat us. I would love to knock them off again and Adelaide but wont be easy.

Same wirh pies and roos away. Very hard games.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every game v port at AO has been close and weve been lucky. At some point they will beat us. I would love to knock them off again and Adelaide but wont be easy.

Same wirh pies and roos away. Very hard games.

Many assumed the same thing in round 7, 2017 when we were coming up against Port.

We seem to have the wool over Port currently. The match is still pretty far away though, and we'll have a lot of injured players back up to scratch by then.

Last edited:
Zhaharakis, Merret and Heppel have been their best in all the good games the bombers have played this year (having a really quick look through their games) Z is out, and Heppell is listed as a test with concussion. Assume he’ll play but you never know with concussion and flying etc. so on paper, we should account for them comfortably

Rest of the season from now:

W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-W

Finish on 16 wins.

That'll do.

You are more confident than I as don't think a win is guaranteed at home against either GWS (as they are on the improve & getting some of their players back from injury) and also against Melbourne won't be easy. Will have to be on our mettle in both games and will also depend upon the injury gods but that goes for all sides of course.
On Adelaide's present form and this game being only 2 weeks away more confident of a win here as can't see Adelaide turning their form around so quickly as it's not just the injured players they have out effecting their form as they have also lost their mojo - but who knows as anything can happen on any given day?

Last edited:
You are more confident than I as don't think a win is guaranteed at home against either GWS (as they are on the improve & getting some of their players back from injury) and also against Melbourne won't be easy. Will have to be on our mettle in both games and will also depend upon the injury gods but that goes for all sides of course.
On Adelaide's present form and this game being only 2 weeks away more confident of a win here as can't see Adelaide turning their form around so quickly as it's not just the injured players they have out effecting their form as they have also lost their mojo - but who knows as anything can happen on any given day?
Im never confident we'll win any game to be honest.

I just see the oppositions strengths and our flaws... instead of the opposite

Hope we get a decent crowd and make some bloody noise for once. Port / Saints game the crowd was crap.

Tigers game the crowd were going off and the players fed off it.

I feel a margin of less than 40 in our favour against the Dons will be a loss of some kind, and slightly worrying. Need to ideally pummel them by 60+ and make a statement. Absolute domination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need a workmanlike effort over the next month. We should beat Essendon at home. Adelaide are totally beatable the way they're travelling. And then what could be a tricky match at home against GWS. And then it's another test against Collingwood at the MCG. Before a should-win game against the Dogs in Perth. We've got Darling out but we just have to hustle our way to 3-4 wins out of that stretch.

We just need a workmanlike effort over the next month. We should beat Essendon at home. Adelaide are totally beatable the way they're travelling. And then what could be a tricky match at home against GWS. And then it's another test against Collingwood at the MCG. Before a should-win game against the Dogs in Perth. We've got Darling out but we just have to hustle our way to 3-4 wins out of that stretch.
Adelaide will be super fired up after a bye week of being massively under fire.

Will be a very difficult game to win IMO.

Adelaide will be super fired up after a bye week of being massively under fire.

Will be a very difficult game to win IMO.
You'd have to say it looks more winnable now than it did a month ago, though, right?

my gut says 16wins
drop to Crows away, Pies Away, Roos away, Port away, hopefully enough for top 4
I feel we can win up to 3 of these roos are perennial pretenders will have something to prove vs the pies and both Adelaides are very inconsistent this year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back