Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (11) released 14/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee) - Season (Was TBC)

Long Term (1) :
• R15+ Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (2) :
• R14-15 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (Was 4-6 weeks)
• R13-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 3-4 weeks (Was 4-5 weeks)

Short Term (4) :
• R12-13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 2-3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)
• R11-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - 1-3 weeks (New)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 1-2 weeks (Was 2-3 weeks)
• R11-12 Harry Barnett (Shin) - 1-2 weeks (Was 2-3 weeks)

Test (3) :
Elliot Yeo (Groin) - Test (Was 1-2 weeks)
• Clay Hall (Hand) - (New)
Jeremy McGovern (Internal) - (New)

Jake Waterman and Zane Trew have both been taken off the injury list after being cleared through their respective concussion protocols

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who won’t play for an indefinite period due to personal reasons following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Trying to trust the new S&C staff but it'll be a big yikes if Yeo plays this week. I don't think he shifts the needle enough to possibly win the game this weekend so another week of recovery isn't the worst idea.

On the flip side, if he's good to go...?

With all the injury problems over the past couple of years if he’s not right they won’t play him, if he’s out there on Sunday he’s 100% ready. I doubt they’d risk specially when will probably lose by 8+ goals anyway

If he plays then we haven't learnt from the mistakes of the last two seasons.

The dude had OP and has just had a groin tweak - it shouldn't even be a discussion imo, give him the extra week.

Maybe we should just sack the s&c team and hire you😂

Trying to trust the new S&C staff but it'll be a big yikes if Yeo plays this week. I don't think he shifts the needle enough to possibly win the game this weekend so another week of recovery isn't the worst idea.

On the flip side, if he's good to go...?

Exactly - on the flip side. They've been pretty good this year and conservative on timelines.

I think packing Longy up for the year is the right decision. Takes away any pressure to get back and he can get cherry ripe for next season.

If they opted for surgery already, it means either a tear requiring a graft, and / or also possibly other outer ligament damage that needs repairing. Shizen.

Reminds me when Lecras did his ACL in 2012, but not as heart breaking as when Nic did his 2nd ACL in 2018.

If he plays then we haven't learnt from the mistakes of the last two seasons.

The dude had OP and has just had a groin tweak - it shouldn't even be a discussion imo, give him the extra week.
He either passes the fitness test or he doesn't.

Resting when you're not injured will increase your chance of further injury, as you will start to lose conditioning.

If they opted for surgery already, it means either a tear requiring a graft, and / or also possibly other outer ligament damage that needs repairing. Shizen.

Reminds me when Lecras did his ACL in 2012, but not as heart breaking as when Nic did his 2nd ACL in 2018.
The competition was super weak in 2012. Sydney won it with Sam Reid and Adam Goodes as their key Forwards. I always felt if we'd had more injury luck (we were missing Lecca and Nicoski for the season plus JK for the first half) we were in with a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back