Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No one wants the opening spot by the looks of it.

Henry Hunt made a case in the first innings for SA and… followed it up with a golden.

Such a shame that Pucovski couldn’t get out of bed without concussing himself.

Head opening is an interesting idea. Opening in red ball is a different beast to white ball though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like the Head opening call, he's been so good at 5 in the test side and as good as he's been opening in white ball cricket, I don't think it's in a way that translates to red ball.

If none of the openers start scoring runs in the Shield, I'd look at bumping Marnus to open and maybe Smith to 3, and then pick another middle order bat.

Don't like the Head opening call, he's been so good at 5 in the test side and as good as he's been opening in white ball cricket, I don't think it's in a way that translates to red ball.

If none of the openers start scoring runs in the Shield, I'd look at bumping Marnus to open and maybe Smith to 3, and then pick another middle order bat.
I honestly don't know what the answer is. Bancroft and Harris should both be marked as never again in my books, Head opening will probably go as well as Smudge opening did, and there's no one else even putting their hand up let alone kicking the door down.

There's been 2 blokes score tons and then follow it up with a string of low scores, is it worth throwing them in the deep end and seeing if they swim?

Well if they are looking at the best 6 batters in the country atm and they have stated that previously ....Inglis is way up there ..back to back tons already played international cricket one of the best players of spin in the country ....lot to like

For what it’s worth, Nathan McSweeney made 55 and 127* last match (and the first innings ended when Manenti barbequed him in a run out) and 37 and 72 this round.

Down side is that he’s more of a patient middle-order bat which is not really what is needed unless Smith is just past it at this point.

For what it’s worth, Nathan McSweeney made 55 and 127* last match (and the first innings ended when Manenti barbequed him in a run out) and 37 and 72 this round.

Down side is that he’s more of a patient middle-order bat which is not really what is needed unless Smith is just past it at this point.
Yup another in the conversation if they are looking at a middle order spot....and bumping marnus up to open

We're unsettled enough with Green out.

I've changed my mind.
Pick the kid Konstas and just move Smith back down.

The keepers are all in good form, with Carey, Ingo and Philippe amongst the runs.

We're unsettled enough with Green out.

I've changed my mind.
Pick the kid Konstas and just move Smith back down.

The keepers are all in good form, with Carey, Ingo and Philippe amongst the runs.

I’m peeved that Philippe is scoring well in Shield after a couple of absolutely dreadful years for WA. He would’ve had a place in the XI with or without Inglis if he’d been able to make runs. It’s not as if he didn’t have chances; he played 7 matches each in 2022/23 and 2023/24 and averaged 14 and 17, respectively.

Glad for him that he’s making runs now, wish he’d just done it for WA so that he’d still be here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back