Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

And there it is. West Coast with win number 4.

They are 2 games and % clear of bottom now.

The loser of tomorrow are the 2024 spooners. Us or Richmond.

0701121a-a8a7-4045-94e6-4f110cf2606a_text.gif

So for all our apparent improvement. Bottom 2 certain again.
And that win over GC doesn't look all that awesome
nah yea you're right, i can't think of a single thing that has been an improvement this year, not one, no sir

nah yea you're right, i can't think of a single thing that has been an improvement this year, not one, no sir
The Eagles have four wins. And they're woeful.
We have two.
Sure there are some signs of improvement...but we're hardly a juggernaut, as the ladder shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles have four wins. And they're woeful.
We have two.
Sure there are some signs of improvement...but we're hardly a juggernaut, as the ladder shows.
Yup, thats what so many people here and elsewhere have been claiming, that we're a juggernaught, fools.

I will repost this thought again

When Lions were as rubbish as us I remember an ABC interview with Fagan and they were pouring fire on their performances

He stuck to the same theme

Long term

He has been proven correct and by an inch almost won the GF last year and are destined to be back there on current form

Bottom 2 or last gives us another visit to the talent pool of today in all of Australia

I might have blind faith, but long term, with a team full of top 10 picks from this era, we will be in the same position as the Lions by 2027

I will repost this thought again

When Lions were as rubbish as us I remember an ABC interview with Fagan and they were pouring fire on their performances

He stuck to the same theme

Long term

He has been proven correct and by an inch almost won the GF last year and are destined to be back there on current form

Bottom 2 or last gives us another visit to the talent pool of today in all of Australia

I might have blind faith, but long term, with a team full of top 10 picks from this era, we will be in the same position as the Lions by 2027
Brick and morter rebuild versus papering over the cracks. One firmly roots you in the middle of the field , the other sets you up for a sustained crack at a flag.

Bottom two is where we are and where we deserve to be. As much as we have improved since the bye, we're still 2-6 since then with narrow wins against the equally poor West Coast and the away version of the Suns.

Easy to forget how much the first half of the season was a pile of trash. Outside of the first half against Freo, we were uncompetitive against everyone and struggled to win 10mins of football let alone a quarter. Didn't even come close to winning a match. It's kind of amazing that after such a sustained period of ineptness, there's currently a team below us and we're a chance not to finish stone motherless last.

Improving is nice and there's a feeling of optimism, but we've improved from an extremely low base and some of our football remains incredibly dumb.

Bottom two is where we are and where we deserve to be. As much as we have improved since the bye, we're still 2-6 since then with narrow wins against the equally poor West Coast and the away version of the Suns.

Easy to forget how much the first half of the season was a pile of trash. Outside of the first half against Freo, we were uncompetitive against everyone and struggled to win 10mins of football let alone a quarter. Didn't even come close to winning a match. It's kind of amazing that after such a sustained period of ineptness, there's currently a team below us and we're a chance not to finish stone motherless last.

Improving is nice and there's a feeling of optimism, but we've improved from an extremely low base and some of our football remains incredibly dumb.

We remain quite self-sabotaging. Cut even half of the dumb stuff out of our games and we probably beat Melbourne and Collingwood, and are right in it against Carlton and Geelong. That could be two or three or even four (lol) more wins to our tally right there. The red-time goals, exiting D50, entering F50, not rushing behinds, gifting oppo goals, the capitulation that comes when all of it is combined etc. Clean that up and we're on our way.

It's a much less organized foe we're facing today. Hopefully we can just get it done.

The last two words

“Incredibly dumb”

Looking at you No 4….looking at you

Yep, all the footy media analysis that sounds good is post-bye. The first half of the year there was barely one game’s worth of good play put together. We put ourselves so far behind the field that we have to finish near the bottom, no matter how good the signs are. And a lot of the signs are bloody exciting.

On the topic of red-time goals: we've had some shockers this year but I think that if North had given up the one that Gold Coast conceded in the last 8 seconds of the third quarter last night, I'd have walked directly into the sea that night.

I only flicked over to that game once the Dogs game finished. I thought Gold Coast were pathetic. They did well being in front at all playing like that. Their fumbled literally every hot footy, were totally stagnant moving the ball, cleared defence by continually bombing back to the Eagles and coughed up easy goals from clearances.

Hate to say it - it was North-like.

I only flicked over to that game once the Dogs game finished. I thought Gold Coast were pathetic. They did well being in front at all playing like that. Their fumbled literally every hot footy, were totally stagnant moving the ball, cleared defence by continually bombing back to the Eagles and coughed up easy goals from clearances.

It was pretty awful. They seem to have now developed a strong mental cloud that will stop them from winning away from home now. A compounding issue, just like Essendon regularly folding under the pressure of finally ending the finals drought, or North getting cold feet about winning at all lol

The one difference was that North managed to steady and get the win over there.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back