Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood is the private school boy of the AFL. They are horrified that the rules still apply to them.

Seagull Daicos the 2nd rugby threw the ball out and didn’t get penalised, so again, **** them and their bootlickers!

I can barely watch north games. Other clubs are a bridge too far.
Have watched a few minutes here and there when I walk by the TV if the other half is watching. Really find the game difficult to watch, partly due to the standard of umpiring, partly due to the commentary (not to mention the absolute garbage they serve up at half time breaks) and mainly because the changes to rules and the current interpretations have created an absolute abomination of a game. And also the absolutely pathetic ARC

I think it was Eddie Ford and yes it was another brain-dead decision.
There are dozens of brain-dead free kicks every round. Dozens.

Then add in all the non calls that ARE there, and you have the biggest cluster**** in world sports officiating.

It's a ****ing terrible product atm.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

anyone still blown away that corey wagner is still getting a game these days? possibly the worst footballer i’ve ever seen play. and what’s even more mind boggling is that after he was delisted from two clubs, another club still thought he was good enough to play for them.

I was ... had to check if it was the same one. Does that mean that the standard is so high at AFL level that the talent pool is so small? Or are AFL teams not willing to take more risks on players that have not been drafted as juniors?

I suspect the latter because of the conservative nature of AFL teams.

My partner reckons Collingwood has brought it on themselves - you keep boasting about how you use all the tricks to run the clock down, eventually the umpires will give you less latitude for time wasting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was ... had to check if it was the same one. Does that mean that the standard is so high at AFL level that the talent pool is so small? Or are AFL teams not willing to take more risks on players that have not been drafted as juniors?

I suspect the latter because of the conservative nature of AFL teams.
i remember watching him and a young jed anderson play against port adelaide in 2016. ended up leaving before half time because of bad we were playing, just spend the day at work and had to fight city traffic to make the game on time and thought im not wasting another second of my time watching this. probably the worst games i’ve seen by a young duo. wagner especially i thought was terrible and thought he will never survive at afl level. boy he proved me wrong not once, not twice but thrice!

Reckon the Cats' stadium now has a real generic feel which opposition sides will become increasingly comfortable playing at. Especially interstate sides that are used to travelling. OK it still has the narrow wings but it's a protected, enclosed type stadium now with a great surface.

Reckon the Cats' stadium now has a real generic feel which opposition sides will become increasingly comfortable playing at. Especially interstate sides that are used to travelling. OK it still has the narrow wings but it's a protected, enclosed type stadium now with a great surface.

They don't like the umps not paying them everything either. Great to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back