Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, does any young group of men in the country get more training/education/modeling, and advice on this? I am saying this in relation to the statement alone, not the suspensions and fines, but come on, the old 'we need to do better by the players so they don't do these things' has worn a bit thin.
I understand why the AFL got involved in the Hayne / rape "skit"... but complaining about a man of black African descent reenacting Django Unchained? WTF? Even sanctioning players for the Twin Towers thing on face value I'd have to say sounds bullshit but you'd have to see the context.

The whole thing actually sounds quite overblown to me.

FFS, does any young group of men in the country get more training/education/modeling, and advice on this? I am saying this in relation to the statement alone, not the suspensions and fines, but come on, the old 'we need to do better by the players so they don't do these things' has worn a bit thin.

The kids are educated, and surely blokes who are 30years old would have a think about it and go “I think we might pull the pin on some of these…”….plus I can’t imagine how some are even funny…

Just go and have a few drinks and unwind.

I understand why the AFL got involved in the Hayne / rape "skit"... but complaining about a man of black African descent reenacting Django Unchained? WTF? Even sanctioning players for the Twin Towers thing on face value I'd have to say sounds bullshit but you'd have to see the context.

The whole thing actually sounds quite overblown to me.
The fines for 'lack of leadership' are incredibly eyebrow raising.

Either some of the '''skits''' go beyond mere bad taste, to where any reasonable person would have intervened, or else the AFL has lost their mind. I can't think of too much middleground.

The fines for 'lack of leadership' are incredibly eyebrow raising.

Either some of the '''skits''' go beyond mere bad taste, to where any reasonable person would have intervened, or else the AFL has lost their mind. I can't think of too much middleground.
They Hayne one is pretty off.

They Hayne one is pretty off.
No need for anybody to name names, as the media seems to be too scared to, but in broad terms, is the "particular professional sportsman" who's been referred to someone who's well known?

I am guessing there's a threat of lawyers at dawn if the person is publicly named.

No need for anybody to name names, as the media seems to be too scared to, but in broad terms, is the "particular professional sportsman" who's been referred to someone who's well known?

I am guessing there's a threat of lawyers at dawn if the person is publicly named.

One can only imagine the AFL didn't name him because he was cleared of any wrongdoing.

As for leaders being sanctioned, does the name Steve Smith ring a bell?

I'm not sure who that is or what it involves. I try to avoid that sort of gossip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back