Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone dressed as Hayne did to a sex doll what Hayne was accused of doing to women, as a joke, then that's pretty ****ed up. No sympathy.

Everything else seems a bit stupid and inappropriate. Plenty of ways to let loose after the season without putting yourself in that position though.
Josh Giddy is the Jake Stringer of Aussie Basketballers. Not surprising he got suspended for that. A bit wrong.

If someone dressed as Hayne did to a sex doll what Hayne was accused of doing to women, as a joke, then that's pretty ****ed up. No sympathy.

All the people saying "it was a private event!" are ignoring the symptoms of a deep cultural rot that extends beyond just GWS. The Haynes skit is an insane thing to come up with, and to parade it around just 'the boys' in an effort to seek validation is concerning. The GWS women's team have every right to be mad about that.

They (AFL) will want a redemption story with him to sell..

It’s up to Tarryn but expect a run at lower level this year (kinda thought if he wanted it he would be playing somewhere now) followed by “I’m a changed man” article in the lead up to next years draft

That’s if he puts his head down and wants a shot… something tells me it’s only a 10% chance now
Agree with you that the AFL would want this made intro a redemption story.
However this method only worked in the past (pre AFLW).
They're snookered now & they know any way they try to spin the story won't pass the sniff test with the girls team.

Yeah but Giddey went out with a girl he met at a club, not like he had reason to know she was underage. But you're right, it's still grubby to be making light of it.
Also.. pretty sure she was 16, and he was 19.

(in Victoria that would be classified as consensual, I think?)

Bit different to Stringer, from a moral perspective, who was in his mid twenties, IIRC, and a father of two with his then fiancee.

Anyway. Harvey Thomas is still in his teens too. So prepared to cut him some slack.

Yeah but Giddey went out with a girl he met at a club, not like he had reason to know she was underage. But you're right, it's still grubby to be making light of it.
Okay, that a fair enough mistake. I've made that mistake myself.

--------

Imagine saying this after you've been traded to a new club

Colingwood fans should be pissed.

Would be like Luke Parker coming out this week and saying he would rather have been traded to *

--------

Would be like Luke Parker coming out this week and saying he would rather have been traded to *

I think Dan might be better of just nodding and smiling rather than talking.

--------

Personally think Houston has looked like a bit of flog through this whole thing, so nothin surprises me. These blokes who “want to go home”, but only to a contender, don’t really garner my respect

Odd take. You’re often espousing the virtues of other countries and have a particularly anti west way of looking at things.

The chick giddy hooked up with would have been aged to be married off in many of your favourite countries of the world.
It should be reasonable to assume that if you meet someone in a club or pub they are an adult. I met this girl in a pub and she had her 1 yr old child with her. In those days you couldn't get into a pub without photo ID showing you were over 18. That kid's in his 30s now and we're (his mum and I) still mates.

I'm not necessarily anti Western values. WE just started ignoring the good ones after 9/11. That's what I'm opposed to. My favorite country on earth is Bundjalung Country. I think you'll find 16 year olds don't get married off there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back