Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2152596
Lachie Schultz is 26 though 🤷‍♂️
spiderman GIF

"I don't care if he's 46 just get a Collingwood player in there now"

Had the AFLW on in the background whilst meal prep for work.. watched aints v bullflogs.. 😂 this competition can’t be serious. Aints with two shots at goal within 30m in the last 2 minutes. One sprayed, didnt make the distance and the other OOF and the aints lose by a point. WTF? You cant write comedy sketches that funny

Had the AFLW on in the background whilst meal prep for work.. watched aints v bullflogs.. this competition can’t be serious. Aints with two shots at goal within 30m in the last 2 minutes. One sprayed, didnt make the distance and the other OOF and the aints lose by a point. WTF? You cant write comedy sketches that funny
It's shit football, what do you expect?

The local 3rds team would do them over.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's shit football, what do you expect?

The local 3rds team would do them over.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
At least a solitary point from 2 shots with 30m? Its deplorable.

There has to be a reason north girls are so much better than the rest of the competition, just can’t put my finger on it.

Last edited:
There has to be a reason north girls are so much better than the rest of the competition, just can’t put my finger on it.

The actual answer to this, rather than the funding that you are going to point to, is that we have been involved in women's footy for far longer than other clubs and we have taken it seriously.

You mentioned St Kilda, who set up in 2017 they then recruited in through the draft.

North on the other hand, set up in the late 00s. with their association with the MUGARs. When we joined the AFLW (we were kept from being a foundation side in a typical League vs North way) We had players from all over the league not blink and choose to come home. Because that is what they identified us as. Home. But look at that, North innovating again being right there at the front of something prior to it happening.

So why are we good? Because we have been taking it far more seriously for far longer than other clubs.

I'll go further than that, the side we have on the park this year, relative to it's competition is the best North side in 20+ years.

However you can't get out of your own way to enjoy that. instead you point to reasons that the AFLW is to blame for to hole the men's team put itself in. Our AFLW side never created the holes in the list, it never appointed 2 back to back substandard coaches, it never influenced our inability to develop a multi year AA player in 20 years. It did none of those things and those things are far far more responsible for the hole the AFL side finds itself in than the North Melbourne Women winning games of football.

Anyway I assume you are thread banned from the AFLW thread and are posting here because you can't not pour shit on something you personally disagree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The actual answer to this, rather than the funding that you are going to point to, is that we have been involved in women's footy for far longer than other clubs and we have taken it seriously.

You mentioned St Kilda, who set up in 2017 they then recruited in through the draft.

North on the other hand, set up in the late 00s. with their association with the MUGARs. When we joined the AFLW (we were kept from being a foundation side in a typical League vs North way) We had players from all over the league not blink and choose to come home. Because that is what they identified us as. Home. But look at that, North innovating again being right there at the front of something prior to it happening.

So why are we good? Because we have been taking it far more seriously for far longer than other clubs.

I'll go further than that, the side we have on the park this year, relative to it's competition is the best North side in 20+ years.

However you can't get out of your own way to enjoy that. instead you point to reasons that the AFLW is to blame for to hole the men's team put itself in. Our AFLW side never created the holes in the list, it never appointed 2 back to back substandard coaches, it never influenced our inability to develop a multi year AA player in 20 years. It did none of those things and those things are far far more responsible for the hole the AFL side finds itself in than the North Melbourne Women winning games of football.

Anyway I assume you are thread banned from the AFLW thread and are posting here because you can't not pour shit on something you personally disagree with.
Sure mate. 👍🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back