The Number 9

Remove this Banner Ad

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
does anyone think David Neitz's number 9 should be passed onto one of our up and coming kids of Neita's choice? I think it should be, the man's a club legend and it would be an hounour for someone like Cale Morton to wear the number on his back.

The 13 and 34 are also decent numbers in our history to hand out.

I'd rest the number 9 for a few years, wait until we know we have something special on our hands, then give them the 9. We need to learn our lesson from the Bartram fiasco.

I reckon it might go to this guy...:thumbsu:

154084.jpg

Or he could just keep the number he already has...

I reckon it might go to this guy...:thumbsu:

154084.jpg

Or he could just keep the number he already has...

I like the look of love on the other guy. Anyone who can inspire such devotion is obviously the man for us.

Personally I'd retire the #9. Bring it back only when somebody else cracks the games/goals record. Then retire their number.

The 13 and 34 are also decent numbers in our history to hand out.

I'd rest the number 9 for a few years, wait until we know we have something special on our hands, then give them the 9. We need to learn our lesson from the Bartram fiasco.
You have to remember Bizzell had it first, and can't believe how quick you have torn Bartram apart, it's a Richmond like effort. He'll be back.

I like the look of love on the other guy. Anyone who can inspire such devotion is obviously the man for us.

Personally I'd retire the #9. Bring it back only when somebody else cracks the games/goals record. Then retire their number.
Geez, if I was Neita I wouldn't want to wait 150 years for a second player to crack the 300 games.

I think we need to give it to a big power forward who can take a strong grab, kick truly from 50m+ and have the ability to lift his team-mates through words and deeds; someone who truly bleeds for the red and blue and strikes fear into his opponents....

Step forward Juice Newton.

I think we need to give it to a big power forward who can take a strong grab, kick truly from 50m+ and have the ability to lift his team-mates through words and deeds; someone who truly bleeds for the red and blue and strikes fear into his opponents....

Step forward Juice Newton.
i don't think Juice will become that player, he will never bleed for the red and blue and i doubt he'd inspire his teamates, atm he is just a lazy forward who will never give a 2nd effort, however he does have potentiol but will never be up to Neitz's standards

Don't like that American tradition.

If we were going to do it for anything, we would have retired the 20, but seeing as that only lasted a couple of years, I think its safe to say it won't happen with the number 9.

I, for one, quite like seeing the great numbers out there, especially when you get to see some filth running around in a once decorated number. For every number 9 we have, we have the 15, which boasts 426, Funcke and even Michael Clark was it?

i don't think Juice will become that player, he will never bleed for the red and blue and i doubt he'd inspire his teamates, atm he is just a lazy forward who will never give a 2nd effort, however he does have potentiol but will never be up to Neitz's standards

It is difficult to pick up on sarcasm when reading, isn't it?:rolleyes:

lol I got the sarcasm Dr...Retire the #9 and give it to whoever bails us out of deep financial shit.
Or at least give it to someone whose played enough games to show he's a likely type.

I think we retire 9 for a year or 2.
Number 4- Jack Watts
Number 13- Pick 17
Number 34- Pick 19
Number 28- Pick 28

Wont happen but it would be good to have Yze and Whites numbers on some quality draft players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about that, the other forwards always have to work a lot harder when he's in the side. :D

Watts seems to be the obvious choice for the #9 if we take him, although I wouldn't be against letting Neita decide who to give it to like when Peter Riccardi or Nathan Burke retired.

I don't know about that, the other forwards always have to work a lot harder when he's in the side. :D

Watts seems to be the obvious choice for the #9 if we take him, although I wouldn't be against letting Neita decide who to give it to like when Peter Riccardi or Nathan Burke retired.

Actually, I quite like the idea of Neita deciding who would be best for his old number.

Give it to Morton, someone who has already shown he will be a star. Not someone who hasn't played a game yet.
Why would Morton want to go from 10 to 9? Leave him as 10.

Why are we making such a big deal about the 9 anyway? Hirds number 5 went straight to Stanton, no fuss.

Just give it to either Jack Watts (but i had a dream about Jack Watts kicking the first goal of round 1 2008 and he was wearing #4 so i want to be right:)) or pick 17/ 19. No worries.

Why would Morton want to go from 10 to 9? Leave him as 10.

Why are we making such a big deal about the 9 anyway? Hirds number 5 went straight to Stanton, no fuss.

Just give it to either Jack Watts (but i had a dream about Jack Watts kicking the first goal of round 1 2008 and he was wearing #4 so i want to be right:)) or pick 17/ 19. No worries.

Reread the bold bit and tell me what's wrong about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Number 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back