Mega Thread The Official 2020 NBA COVID BUBBLE Playoffs Thread (Never go full Playoff P)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair, it was a horrendous call

Yeah true, but he had a pop at the ref before as well.

Look I am a big fan of Luka, just not a fan of players/stars who constantly gob off at refs.

Anyhow he is winning me back this quarter. Doncic's Hoops IQ is off the charts.

Yeah true, but he had a pop at the ref before as well.

Look I am a big fan of Luka, just not a fan of players/stars who constantly gob off at refs.

If refs T'd up everyone who complained it would stop them! though wouldnt be enough players to finish the game.

dont boston players complain?

Anyhow he is winning me back this quarter. Doncic's Hoops IQ is off the charts.

For someone not quick, explosive he just finds the right spots. amazing player

Nah, for the conversation about dominant big men and titles he'd be the last.

The fact that he was technically playing PF at the time makes it all the more amazing in 2020 - imagine the lack of spacing.

But there a few guys that fit into a similar category as Duncan. Bosch for example, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol.

Unlike all of those 4 (including Duncan) Embiid has no claim to be considered a power forward. He is an out and out centre.

But there a few guys that fit into a similar category as Duncan. Bosch for example, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol.

Unlike all of those 4 (including Duncan) Embiid has no claim to be considered a power forward. He is an out and out centre.

Embiid's got greater shooting range than Duncan ever did though.

And KG started as life as a small forward. Gasol was a finesse player and second banana, ditto Bosh.

Even if we were to leave aside 2014, the 2007 Spurs were the last championship team built around a dominant big.

So we start of the game smoking them in the first quarter. The coaching god in Brown decided to pull a master stroke and put in Neto. Not only that he decides to put Horford in with Embiid after Joel was dominating.

Yet apparently the coach isn't the problem. :smirk: He has no killer instinct. He just lets the game drift on. He never calls timeouts when a team gets on a run. Usually calls one way too late. But hey not a bad coach guys.

Embiid's got greater shooting range than Duncan ever did though.

And KG started as life as a small forward. Gasol was a finesse player and second banana, ditto Bosh.

Even if we were to leave aside 2014, the 2007 Spurs were the last championship team built around a dominant big.

Which emphasises the point - a dominant centre has not been the key piece of a championship roster for 13 years.

Parker, Ginobilli and Kawaii dominated 2014. Duncan was very good but no longer the kingpin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which emphasises the point - a dominant centre has not been the key piece of a championship roster for 13 years.

Parker, Ginobilli and Kawaii dominated 2014. Duncan was very good but no longer the kingpin.

I agree, it has been a long time.

Before Duncan, I'd guess you'd say Shaq in 2002. Don't really count Miami Shaq, he was more role player.

the Lakers trade Vlade Divac for the rights to Kobe Bryant but still it stinks.

That trade is a bit of a fallacy though.

nobody:

literally nobody:

this guy: if only the sixers had a coach that could call timeouts then everything would be fineeeeee

So we start of the game smoking them in the first quarter. The coaching god in Brown decided to pull a master stroke and put in Neto. Not only that he decides to put Horford in with Embiid after Joel was dominating.

Yet apparently the coach isn't the problem. :smirk: He has no killer instinct. He just lets the game drift on. He never calls timeouts when a team gets on a run. Usually calls one way too late. But hey not a bad coach guys.

nobody:

literally nobody:

this guy: if only the sixers had a coach that could call timeouts then everything would be fineeeeee

Wtf are you talking about.

I honestly don't think you watch the games. We are up by double digits and the other team gets it down to 6-8 points and Brett just stands there with his arms folded looking like a stunned mullet. Instead of calling a TO he waits until the scores are lvl. It has happened multiple times. He has no idea.The fact you are still defending him says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back