Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If he plays a blinder of a Finals series (and maybe wins finals MVP) would you change your mind ?

Reputations and Legacies are made n the play-offs, which is why most fans will never regard Embiid and Harden as all time greats.

Both Embiid and Harden are all time greats though.

Wondered aloud here a couple of years back whether the Nuggets had blown their best chance at a ring when they lost to the Blazers at home in the conference semis. Not because the Nuggets weren't talented, but because in a small market you need a lot of things to fall right to win, and they had an opportunity that year. Very happy to be wrong.

They drafted their main guys at picks 7, 14 and 40, haven't made any superstar additions, and kept faith with a coach who seems from the outside to be a decent guy. A lot of teams may not have been so patient.

A maiden Finals appearance is well deserved, so respect to them.

Wondered aloud here a couple of years back whether the Nuggets had blown their best chance at a ring when they lost to the Blazers at home in the conference semis. Not because the Nuggets weren't talented, but because in a small market you need a lot of things to fall right to win, and they had an opportunity that year. Very happy to be wrong.

They drafted their main guys at picks 7, 14 and 40, haven't made any superstar additions, and kept faith with a coach who seems from the outside to be a decent guy. A lot of teams may not have been so patient.

A maiden Finals appearance is well deserved, so respect to them.
It really is a very well constructed team. Jokic is s such a unique offensive player surrounded by sharp shooters. Defensively they are a bit meh but when you can score at the clip they do you can get away with it.

It really is a very well constructed team. Jokic is s such a unique offensive player surrounded by sharp shooters. Defensively they are a bit meh but when you can score at the clip they do you can get away with it.

Yeah, their offensive consistency shows just how much of a cheat code Jokic is. Ranked 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 7th, 6th and 5th in offensive efficiency since 2016, with various iterations of the team.

Defensively they graduated from below-par to middle-of-the-pack about five years ago, which as you say is good enough when they can consistently score at a high clip.

The other intriguing thing about them is that unlike the Larry Brown/Doug Moe Nuggets teams, they don't attempt to exploit the altitude by playing at a frenetic pace. They really have built the team around Jokic in more ways than one. Hasn't harmed their inherent home court advantage either.

No they aren't.
They are, the idea that rings are all that matter is so stupid. Is chuck an all time great?

Both resumes stack up better than 99.5% of NBA players. Post season success would take them up another level for sure, but they are still greats of the game.

Yeah, their offensive consistency shows just how much of a cheat code Jokic is. Ranked 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 7th, 6th and 5th in offensive efficiency since 2016, with various iterations of the team.

Defensively they graduated from below-par to middle-of-the-pack about five years ago, which as you say is good enough when they can consistently score at a high clip.

The other intriguing thing about them is that unlike the Larry Brown/Doug Moe Nuggets teams, they don't attempt to exploit the altitude by playing at a frenetic pace. They really have built the team around Jokic in more ways than one. Hasn't harmed their inherent home court advantage either.
It is infuriating watching Jokic back someone down. It happens so slowly and you wonder why no-one doesn't simply break it up Jordan-Malone style given he takes about 6 dribbles from a huge height but no-one can because he is an unbelievable passing threat.

Also the height of his shot release is simply insane.

Like you said - he is a cheat code.

They are, the idea that rings are all that matter is so stupid. Is chuck an all time great?

Both resumes stack up better than 99.5% of NBA players. Post season success would take them up another level for sure, but they are still greats of the game.

I don't think Embiid could be considered an all time great to this point in time unless you are being generous with the definition... Harden I can understand.

I don't think Embiid could be considered an all time great to this point in time unless you are being generous with the definition... Harden I can understand.
I mean it’s a little bit of forward projection but 3 time all defensive, 5 time all NBA, MVP, 2 scoring titles. Highest ppm all time last I checked. 2nd best centre since Shaq

Denver are blessed to have a once in a 23 year passing centre talent

Both Harden and Emiid have won a MVP and two/three runner ups. Harden is a Top 30ish player of all time. Top 10 scorer.

People are crazy if they don't think Harden is an all time great.

I'm alright if people don't want to call Emiid an all time great already (only due to years in the game), but there's no reason to think he won't be considered one.

Are Barkley/Ewing/Wilkins/Malone/Stockton/Baylor/Iverson/(could add 5-10 more names) not all time greats because they didn't win a championship?

I'm alright if people don't want to call Emiid an all time great already (only due to years in the game), but there's no reason to think he won't be considered one.

Are Barkley/Ewing/Wilkins/Malone/Stockton/Baylor/Iverson/(could add 5-10 more names) not all time greats because they didn't win a championship?

I think it's a bit more nuanced than not winning a championship, I detest the whole 'ringz' element in rating a player. I DO think there are some genuine question marks over his ability to step up in the playoffs though and whether it is through injury or otherwise, he needs some big time series before I'd be comfortable going with the all timer tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Harden and Emiid have won a MVP and two/three runner ups. Harden is a Top 30ish player of all time. Top 10 scorer.

People are crazy if they don't think Harden is an all time great.

I dont know if Harden is a top 10 scorer of all time.

I've got Jordan, Wilt, Iverson, K.Malone, Kareem, Kobe, West, Baylor, Durant, LeBron... then guy like Wilkins, Gervin, Shaq, Pettit, the Big O. I'd say Harden would sit somewhere in the 10-15 range maybe.

Top 30 all time probably pushing it too. Top 50ish I reckon is more on the money.

Both Harden and Embiid are clearly all time greats though, Harden already is one and Embiid will be one by the time he is done.

Last edited:
Is Jamal Murray now regarded as a top 15 player in the league following his magnificent play-offs series so far (definitely better than Jaylen Bum)

When Joker was struggling for offence in the series against the Lakers, it was Jamal who filled the void.

Apologies from me to Mike 'Mayday' Malone too. I didn't think he could coach the Nuggets to the finals, but he has been absolutely fantastic, Denver only lost 3 games (including their first ever series sweep) in their play-off run to the Finals.

Top 10

Calling Murray top 15 is a terrible take lol

Has absolutely proved himself as a playoff performer, but he needs to show this form for a lot longer to be anywhere near that ballpark.

In fairness to him, the knee injury was significant and it is a credit to him how well he is playing.

People here are way too in love with regular season stats. Its not the reality in the NBA

Austin Reaves has made himself 30 mill in 15 games because of what he did this playoffs. Its where the big boys come to play and your stats actually matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Back