Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's possibly the worst outcome for Celtics fans, cause I don't think they will fire Mazzulla if that happens.

I reckon they'd fire him if he loses this series regardless of the number of games it takes. This team needs to be competing for championships, not losing to 8th seeds.

That's possibly the worst outcome for Celtics fans, cause I don't think they will fire Mazzulla if that happens.

Just a gut feel more than anything. Tatum hasn’t really gone off so to speak yet. He’s flaky but when he goes off it’s high 40’s. Thought the role players were much better today. Derek White Is criminally underrated what he did today yet not a peep will be said about it. Such an underrated player

It’s 150-0 when down 3-0. I’m just happy they didn’t get swept.

History’s against them alright. But without accessing those stats, my guess would be that a decent majority of those instances had the top seed 3-0 up after winning two of the first three at home and then still having two more at home in the last three if it then went to 3-1.

I could be wrong, and Miami have been clearly the better team. But a home win in game 5 would obviously make game 6 enormous so rooting for that.

Denver likely still the favourites no matter how it plays out, especially factoring in the extra rest. But if Boston make history and come back they’ll have home court (I think) which at least makes the finals interesting.

I don't consider Ewing, Nique or Iverson all time greats either. Barkley just gets in (just)

Being an all time great means you have to be a top 25-30 player of all time. None of those players or Joel or Harden make my list

I will actually do my own top 30 NBA players of all time list in the off season.

Should be a fun exercise.
Bird
Russell
McHale
Parish
Tatum
Brown
Ainge
Havliceck
Pierce
Cousy

There's a start for ya

I dont know if Harden is a top 10 scorer of all time.

I've got Jordan, Wilt, Iverson, K.Malone, Kareem, Kobe, West, Baylor, Durant, LeBron... then guy like Wilkins, Gervin, Shaq, Pettit, the Big O. I'd say Harden would sit somewhere in the 10-15 range maybe.

Top 30 all time probably pushing it too. Top 50ish I reckon is more on the money.

Both Harden and Embiid are clearly all time greats though, Harden already is one and Embiid will be one by the time he is done.

Iverson being a better scorer than Harden is such a bad take.

Iverson being a better scorer than Harden is such a bad take.

Harden plays zero defence and has very little all round game. There is far more to being a great player than scoring ya now.

Iverson was a better play maker who made his teammates better (least during his prime seasons at Philly)

Harden is definitely a top 40 player of all time, but I personally don't think he will leave a legacy on the game and fondness in the eyes of many long term followers than say Gary Payton Snr (whom I actually now believe is underrated)

Harden plays zero defence and has very little all round game. There is far more to being a great player than scoring ya now.

Iverson was a better play maker who made his teammates better (least during his prime seasons at Philly)

Harden is definitely a top 40 player of all time, but I personally don't think he will leave a legacy on the game and fondness in the eyes of many long term followers than say Gary Payton Snr (whom I actually now believe is underrated)
I mean he is also one of the best play makers in the league for almost a decade

That's ridiculous EJ. Harden's offensive game has been extremely well rounded for years.

He elevated many average teammates in his years at the Rockets that fell out of the NBA very quickly.

I mean he is also one of the best play makers in the league for almost a decade

Context is everything, Harden's prime years was not exactly the strongest period in NBA history to be honest.

If Harden played in the 80s/90s, I suspect his numbers would have been similar to Terry Porter's tbh (and I liked the Egghead really)

Well that's my own personal opinions and views, I just don't think the last 20 Years or so of the NBA has been as strong/good as it has been in the past, and players/champions of it should be ranked accordingly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Context is everything, Harden's prime years was not exactly the strongest period in NBA history to be honest.

If Harden played in the 80s/90s, I suspect his numbers would have been similar to Terry Porter's tbh (and I liked the Egghead really)

Well that's my own personal opinions and views, I just don't think the last 20 Years or so of the NBA has been as strong/good as it has been in the past, and players/champions of it should be ranked accordingly
His prime he lead a team to 7 games against arguably the best of all time. Also almost everyone agrees the league is deeper than it ever has been before

I don't consider Ewing, Nique or Iverson all time greats either. Barkley just gets in (just)

Being an all time great means you have to be a top 25-30 player of all time. None of those players or Joel or Harden make my list

I will actually do my own top 30 NBA players of all time list in the off season.

Oh geez, I cant wait to see this list.

Also an all time great is only a top 25-30 guy. So if you're in the 25-50 part like say you're the 43rd best basketball players OF ALL TIME. You're not an all time great. Haha

Harsh.

Harden can't play defense? And then call up Iverson?

Harden is a fine playmaker. Definitely not worse than Iverson. Harden led the only team to actually give the Durant Warriors any issues. Probably has two chips if Steph Curry doesn't exist.

Not sure someone's legacy = all time great.

Harden = Porter. Just wow.

Would you like me to create the thread?

Iverson not top 25 all time?
You gotta be kidding!

Amazing he managed to even steal a single game in the 2001 finals against that LA team.

Put him in the game today, goodness me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Back